starting hardmodes

The whole system of getting this quest dropping this quest to start hardmodes is getting really anoying. You cant just start a hm. You have to get a prequest tuen drop the regular to get the Hm. Ive done BP quit a bit and this is a major problem. I cant even find the quest for foundry reg or hm. This has happened on multiple diffrent FP and party Ive been in. Please fix this crap. Any1 know a good site that has a list of where this maze of quests are at.?

The whole system of getting this quest dropping this quest to start hardmodes is getting really anoying. You cant just start a hm. You have to get a prequest tuen drop the regular to get the Hm. Ive done BP quit a bit and this is a major problem. I cant even find the quest for foundry reg or hm. This has happened on multiple diffrent FP and party Ive been in. Please fix this crap. Any1 know a good site that has a list of where this maze of quests are at.?

You can just start a HM. Just pick up the quest for the instance (almost always just otside the FP entrance). There is no attunement or mandatory pre-requisite apart from being lvl 50. You don't even need to have completed the FP on normal first.

I agree though that some of the quests leading up to the FP (the larger meta-quest chain quests not the FP specific quests) are hard to find and do not easily connect with where you are in the game. My only tip is if you are stuck just look around the fleet for random quest givers.

I'm pretty sure you have to have done the flashpoint once on normal mode before you can get the hard mode quest. That's been my experience so far. Tried to do Boarding Party and Foundry but didn't see any quest options just outside the instance. Picked up the Call To Arms quest, ran through it really quick on normal, finished it. Then I was able to talk to the people outside the instances and get the Hard Mode quests. It looks like it assumes everyone would have run them at least once while they were leveling. But I had the same experience as the OP. For Directive 7, I couldn't get the HM quest ouside the instance. Went and talked to a guy on the orbital station, came back, talked to someone else there, dropped one of the quests, then was able to get the HM quest. It wasn't as clear cut as some of you are making it out to be.

Ofcourse, I didn't run half of the flashpoints while I was leveling. So that may be a difference in perspective/experience.