Self Healing needs nerfed

FourPawnBenoni

Anyone else tired of these healers able to reverse all that damage you did in the blink of an eye?

No. Until they not only reverse all that damage but also deal it back to you, I think it is perfectly acceptable. they are healers, not lay down and take-it-ers.

Credentials: I am a fotm mara and pt. I also play an op healer.

Anyone else tired of these healers able to reverse all that damage you did in the blink of an eye?

I'm tired of not being able to outheal one full WH-geared mara or DPS powertech without running away and LoSing like a coward, but hey... :p

A good DPS should have no issues with locking down a healer aside from BH/commandos since they do not have a true interrupt. If you cannot lock them down you will be at least putting enough pressure on them effectively making them heal themselves while the rest of your team goes to work since their healer is out of the battle healing themselves.

A good DPS should have no issues with locking down a healer aside from BH/commandos since they do not have a true interrupt. If you cannot lock them down you will be at least putting enough pressure on them effectively making them heal themselves while the rest of your team goes to work since their healer is out of the battle healing themselves.

This is exactly my philosophy when I'm on my Sentinel, lots of healers I can take down (some take longer than others) others I can't kill alone (usually due to cross heals, taunts, guarding etc.) but I can make damn sure they aren't keeping their teammates alive.

What use are healers in PvP if they can't temporarily out heal 1 DPSer (especially if they blindly DPS without interrupts), considering that you usually have a lot more DPSers running around WZ than healers.

IMO this PvP is a lot more team oriented than other MMOs PvP I’ve played and if DPsers are focusing a target no healer in the game will keep them alive in the same way that if a healer has a good tank and peeling you will need some good focused DPS to take them down.

In short Teamwork is the way forward not game changes.

I think ops/scoundrel healers are the most OP specs in the game. There is no way a sorc/sage single handely will take down an equally skilled/geared healer like that. Hell, even sorc/sage healers present a problem due to bubbles, cc'es and interrupts.

I think this is more of a sorc/sage dps problem though.

Edited by MidichIorian

DPS vs Heals should be a wash. Working as intended.

:rolleyes:

Flawed logic. DPS vs. Heals is not a wash as the healer can add DPS on top of their heals. So as you put it "DPS vs. Heals are equal" then by your logic it's not balanced at all because when you add the DPS on top of their heals it unbalances the fight. Not working as intended.

If you want to make it perfectly balanced then it should be DPS + Self heals = Opponents DPS.

My original topic stands. Self heals needs nerfed as you should not be able to reverse the damage I just put on you in 1.3 seconds and then rail shoot me for 2.5k.

I'm an op healer and yes they are hard to kill. However, guess what, there are plenty of players around who can kill me and harass me to the point where they take me out of the picture. Just because you cant kill them doesn't mean Bioware needs to nerf a class. Sorcs do not have enough burst to kill a healer, try a mara jugg or pt pyro all three can solo a healer in less than 25 seconds if played correctly. Most people cannot solo me, but like I said the skilled ones sure can, especially those 3 ac's. Plus you neglect the fact that healing is already nerfed, go look at your pvp bonuses and you'll find that damage gets preference over healing in a big way. Also time spent dealing damage for me is time spent not healing and doing very light dmg at that, we cannot solo an average dps.

On my sawbones scoundrel alt if I face off against a team that's even half competent and identify me as a healer they can make my life hell for that match, granted I'm not super skilled with that character but decent....on the other side of the token on my juggernaut I have zero trouble dealing with healers assuming they aren't much better geared than me. I see no reason to nerf heals further than they already have. Until you have actually tried healing in wzs hold your tongue because it's not as much of a cakewalk as you might think. Edited by Darth-Rammstein

Flawed logic. DPS vs. Heals is not a wash as the healer can add DPS on top of their heals. So as you put it "DPS vs. Heals are equal" then by your logic it's not balanced at all because when you add the DPS on top of their heals it unbalances the fight. Not working as intended.

If you want to make it perfectly balanced then it should be DPS + Self heals = Opponents DPS.

My original topic stands. Self heals needs nerfed as you should not be able to reverse the damage I just put on you in 1.3 seconds and then rail shoot me for 2.5k.

Except that if they're trying to DPS you and heal themselves at the same time they aren't gonna survive against any class that has an interrupt and is even moderately decent at DPS.

Except that if they're trying to DPS you and heal themselves at the same time they aren't gonna survive against any class that has an interrupt and is even moderately decent at DPS.

Oh yea? Corrosive dart, + some shivs + Surgical probe + Surgical probe + Surgical probe + Surgical probe + Surgical probe - repeat

Oh yea? Corrosive dart, + some shivs + Surgical probe + Surgical probe + Surgical probe + Surgical probe + Surgical probe - repeat

So they're under 30% HP? Stun > Execute > Cleanup > ??? > Dead Healer.

Not saying it doesn't happen, but it does seem more of a L2P issue. Technically though yes with DoTs they can heal and do damage at the same time, but DoT damage is fluff damage. If they were truly invincible someone would have brought nothing but Op healers to warzones a long time ago.

Btw if someone else mentions "tanks", "peelers" or the like then this whole thing is an entirely different discussion because you have teammates too.

Edited by ArchangelLBC

Let put it this way, if any single DPS can take down a healer easily, will you or anybody be willing to play a healer in WZ?

Glue a 6-sec-interrupt Sentinel/Powertech to your enemy healer, along with one another DPS, then most healer will be taken care. With just a little team work and cooperation, problem solved.

I think PvP healing in SWTOR is "working as intended". I remember in WoW & RIFT, a good healer can never die.

On a bad healer yea, i tend to keep kolto probes on me during the whole wz, so in my stun i merely lose hp

to the above comment ^^ lol..

to the rest of the thread ^^ it just shows you that a lot of people who play this game still do not know how to actually play it.

On a bad healer yea, i tend to keep kolto probes on me during the whole wz, so in my stun i merely lose hp

I'm not particularly good but even I would hang up my light sabers if my Sentinel couldn't DPS through Kolto Probe.

As a full BM Sentinel with only a WH main hand weaspon, I have no problem dealing with a merc or sorc healer in full WH gear. Typically a full WH healer can be a PITA but one thing is for sure, they will not be healing their team when I'm on their ***.

Now a BM geared healer or less is a different story. They will drop like a rock and I will farm their *** for comms all day. I suspect full WH Sent/Mara is going to be like my WH Sniper in that it doesn't matter what gear the healer has... he will drop no matter what.