Why all PTs jump as grasshoppers ?

alexzk

this is an interesting point. theoretically, it should also apply to cryo? anyway....just want to mention i've noticed that kolto does hit ppl who were in the targeting reticule when I placed it but not when the cloud lands. dunno if that's *not* happening for ppl regularly. I've only noticed it a couple times cuz I only had that "oh crap! they moved!" moment a couple times.

Exactly, I believe it's more of a lag problem delaying the animation. It always heal the people who where I launched anyway so I stopped caring. You should still take in account that its not instant and the further you are the longer it gets to apply heal.

About the jumping, my bit of explanation would be they dont know what they're doing. Although it can help you not get bumped far away but on top of the person who bumped you if you jump at the exact moment the bump goes. It's the same trick used to get the tatooines datacrons without taking the balloon : get bumped high into the air instead of getting bumped far away. Maybe it's intended, maybe it's not, but it really pisses me off when it happens. :p

Edited by Kaddie

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To the OP...

Because there's tiny little jets on our boots!!! And it's f'ing AWESOME!!!

And we need another key in our rotation or we bore quickly. :D

So you play marauder and powertech; people must hate you, lol.

Jumping through your target can play havoc on firing abilities off...jumping away to gain distance seems pretty pointless if it yields any distance it would be so minimal.... If you jump through your target they cant even fire off an ability to get auto rotate going etc...and some attacks like Force Scream wont even fire at all unless your pretty square on your target...FS seems very finicky....

/shrug

Jumping through targets is a long term known exploit that some games take very serious and code against

EA desperate for subs ignores it

In the end, as I said before.

I find when I face someone that requires the preceived advantage of jumping through me constantly (or trying to), they tend to be lacking in actual ability and a few well placed movements (like rushing forward when they leap through you, or even side stepping) puts them at a huge disadvantage that they never over come.

Personally speaking for myself and some pvpers Ive known for 5-10-20 years.

We dont respect the leapers and exploiters and dont find them memorable in the least.

When someone asks me about the best PVPers Ive faced, you can be sure those with the games best repuations dont pull the run through crap or adhd bunny hop nonsense.

Course im old school and to me PVP is about reputation and ego.

When I have 3-4-5 imps chasing my sage healer because im making a huge difference via my healing and ability!

THATS when my ego is inflated as my opponent is showing me the ultimate in respect.

But I never see anyone go out of way to kill a known leaper (unless right in front of them) because in the end, they usually the opponenst weakest link and focusing on them means someone with real ability is left to do real damage!

You can argue this and claim other wise all you want, it will not change the facts.

If you need to exploit LOS to gain an advantage, your compensating for lacking skill elsewhere.

When I get spanked in PVP (and I do by some cause I do not have the reflexes some have and dont use a mouse programmed for faster ability use), none of them run through me...EVER....EVER...EVER.

Because they dont need to, they are that talented and skilled and do have fast reflexes.

The only people that take short cuts are those that require short cuts to succeed!

But ium sure you disagree and will go on and on about how its not a exploit and blah blah blah

All I can say is I CANT WAIT for the day collussion brought back to MMORPG PVP!

That will be a glorious day indeed!

I jump on my vanguard for 3 reasons.

1) Im listening to electro or dubstep and it feels necessary.

I have no idea what your speaking of here!

2) The taunt factor, it looks like im having way more fun killing than you are dying.

Well props if your having fun dieing but I prefer to focus and do my best and not die personally!

3) Some of you already know this. But Jumping cancels animations for -most- instant skills and makes them faster. Commandos know this with kolto bomb when you jump at the right time it rids yourself of the rear back and throw and your arm wontt move at all and a bomb just splodes on the ground. Stock strike can be pretty delayed, So jumping helps keep that animation in line. For me anyway.

yeah cause you sure do speed up INSTANT SKILLS :rolleyes:

Honestly It sounds like a bunch of made up excuses but hey, what ever works for.

I enjoy the extra kill number in my final tally because you didnt hit me with any of your big damage abilities (or put up a memorable fight).

LOL, to funny!