tankasin pvp armor

TerenasMenethal

my main is a tankasin and i love to tank pve and pvp with her. Unfortunatly atm the best way to run darkness is in stalker gear because of the shield/ absorb mechanic not effecting 90% of the skills ingame. The stalker gear gives the same armor value as the tank gear (kinda dumb), less endurance, but more willpower, so i would run with stalker. I on the other hand run in the survior gear for the extra endurance because i like to guard healers and keep them alive.

Tankasins in dps gear are the best solo node takers and defenders, hopefully they wont get nerfed, they don't need to be. (instead just make the gear charge required, i.e. for stalker gear: lightning or surging charge must be active to equip) That would solve the op problem complaints without actually hurting the class, that and making shield/ absorb work against all skills.

Sorry for the tangent, hopefully i answered your question :p

Tankasins without shields are my favorite. Like how fast they die bcs I have shield :) I have 2 shadows

1. Tank in 50/50%% of dmg/surv (with shields).

2. Inf hybrid in stalker.

Both can kill tankasins without shields in seconds. Not even sure which build kills easier :)

From other side, my shielded tank may have problems only with pure inf. build which hits but non-resisting attack if critted.

I'd say start with a dps set as it makes you more versatile as previously mentioned. It gives you some of the "tankiness" of a full tank and gives you enough damage to put up some slightly above mediocre numbers. This allows you to, as said before, solo guard nodes, solo cap nodes etc etc. However, do not go full Stalker set, some of the sorcerer gear is actually better for you, specifically one of the sorc mainhands and one of the sorc offhands, as well as some of the other pieces/mods etc. Either way, check out the stats on each piece before you buy.

The dps setup will make you perform amazingly in regular warzones as well as competently in ranked. However, once you get to ranked it is a good idea to build a full tank set, this gives you the ability to perform as necessary for the team. Some games it is better to be in full tank so you can throw guard around, carry the ball in huttball etc., it also (obviously), makes you a lot more survivable, this way there is less pressure for you to 1v1 every single person that comes to cap your node that you are probably solo guarding. It also gives your teammates more time to reinforce/respond when a team goes after a node you are solo guarding.

Either way, stop by the class-specific forums for more detailed info on gearing your shiny new tankassin and welcome to the brotherhood ;).

Edited by Squidkidz

Tankasins without shields are my favorite. Like how fast they die bcs I have shield :) I have 2 shadows

1. Tank in 50/50%% of dmg/surv (with shields).

2. Inf hybrid in stalker.

Both can kill tankasins without shields in seconds. Not even sure which build kills easier :)

From other side, my shielded tank may have problems only with pure inf. build which hits but non-resisting attack if critted.

You seriously leveled two shadows?? :confused:

(instead just make the gear charge required, i.e. for stalker gear: lightning or surging charge must be active to equip) That would solve the op problem complaints without actually hurting the class, that and making shield/ absorb work against all skills.

...No.

Just started with my assasin. But going to go Survivor BM to get the armorings for 4 peice bonus then sub in all warhero aptitude 26 and adept 26 mods. Maybe a couple mettle mods depending on how it looks when i get near the end of optimzing. Not sure if it's the way to go but the 5% extra damage seems pretty sweet to me. Spike is almost as good as a short range interupt with a small resolve cost.

Not sure if it's the way to go but the 5% extra damage seems pretty sweet to me. Spike is almost as good as a short range interupt with a small resolve cost.

Be careful with this, switching out the tanking modifications makes you, obviously, squishier than full tank. While it is nice to have that 5% damage boost, you are taking 50% of your guard target's damage; if you are actually guarding the people that need it, that's a lot of extra damage. Absorbing that much damage on top of the damage you're already taking directly can be overwhelming since you won't be as tough as a full tank.

Edited by Squidkidz

My advice is to not to tank in the traditonal pve sense in pvp. You can read numerous threads on how people regret spending wz comms on pvp tanking gear stacking endurance, shield, absorb, defense. In alot of senses the best defense is a good offense in this game, even if you are planning on guarding a healer 100% of the time, you're better off being able to actually kill attackers, than being able to die more slowly in most cases..

When gearing for damage, its important to remember that alot of your damage comes from enegized shocks which are auto crit force attacks.. Meaning power and surge are going to be the most effective secondary stats for boosting damage.

The quick route:

Get the 4 pieces for the stalker set

For all other slots Get the piece that has power and surge on it, if there is none then get power and accuracy

Use overkill augments and a focus

Longer Route:

Get 4 pieces for Survivor set bonus and re-mod the whole thing w/ power and surge mods/enhancements ripped from boots/gloves.

For all other slots Get the piece that has power and surge on it, if there is none, then get power and accuracy

Use overkill augments and a focus

Finally:

Think about when you might actually need a bit of extra defense, and get regular tank gear for swapping to then. Say a defensive relic and shield for huttball (if you tend to be a runner), and defending in voidstar (enemies have 0 respawn timer... killing doesn't do much).