Who wrote the dialogue for the Inquisitor?

omninull

The Inquisitor's personality is so unlikable half the time, but everyone else surrounding him in his story line are very interesting.

He repeats ridiculous one-liners, makes lame jokes, responds at times like he's an institutionalized slave, then at other times, one dialogue selection later, he pulls a 180 and acts like he's supposed to be a god. Half the time, I don't like anything he says in the available options, and sometimes all three options are basically the same tone. If the Sith Warrior gets anything, it's storyline.

I remember the time he first got his step, he saw it, and ran up to it like a child would....

This is not Palpatine, a master manipulator, or someone who would be an asssassin.

I remember the time he first got his step, he saw it, and ran up to it like a child would....

This is not Palpatine, a master manipulator, or someone who would be an asssassin.

That scene really annoyed me as well., it looks stupid.

My main problem with the inquis/sorceress is that while I loved her playful snarkiness during korriban, as time goes on she's become more or less a generic "rarh, I'm an arrogant psychopath" type. You rarely get to display that side of her (maybe the guys get different lines, I dunno) after korriban. There are a few here and there (telling a gangleader "Wow, you're even dumber than you look" was cute, for instance), but overall she's coming across as kind of a generic sith.

I want my snarkiness back. :(

Here are two fine examples of Inquisitor lulz: (I don't remember the exact lines, so I'll do a bit of paraphrasing.

I attempted to bring the Force-Sensitive Gormak off planet, and was confronted by the Voss. Their blood feud with the Gormak (and ban on any attempting to leave the planet) was going to blow up in my face. Luckily I saw this option:

[Force Persuade] "What Gormak are you talking about? I don't see a Gormak."

Voss Ambassador: "I don't see a Gormak anywhere. I must be going crazy. Thanks for all your help. Here is a gift on behalf of my people."

I was already chuckling from this response, when the Imperial officer directing me to missions stepped up and said, "Wow! That was amazing! How did you do that, my lord?"

I noticed an irresistible conversation choice:

[Force Persuade] "How did I do What? What are you talking about?"

Imperial Officer: "I didn't see anything. I have no idea what I'm talking about Safe travels, my lord."

Hiked it back to Korriban, to pick up my new apprentice. As I'm sure most of you remember, a guy named Harkan is your overseer of Acolyte training. He's a huge *****, plays favorites, and you pretty much have him at the top of your "To Murder" list until you get to Dromon Kass. Anyway, he's set it up for a Twilek to win, by bringing you some artifact tablet retrieved from a tomb. At this moment, your real new apprentice Xalek walks in, beats the Twilek's face in, picks up the tablet and hands it to you. "Here's your tablet, sir." Right, away, I know we're going to get along great!

Of course Harkan throws a **** fit, blabbering about Sith traditions of subterfuge and sabotage of fellow acolytes degrading into open murder in front of overseers and Lords of the Sith. He delves into massive xenophobia (since Xalek is the same species as Grievous). You have three options. There was a Light Side option, which was to invoke your rank and remind Harkan who was in the position of power. I almost selected the Dark Side [Kill Harkan], when I remembered the ways of the lulz:

[Force Persuade] "Murder, what are you talking about? Xalek just successfully completed his trial. Ignore the twi'lek corpse on the floor. Xalek is free to go and is coming with me."

Harkan: "Xalek has successfully completed his trial! He is ready to be your apprentice, and he's one of the best I've ever had since you! Xalek, here is my personal lightsaber. Take it, and I wish you the best of luck in your studies."

Harkan, with a smile on his face, hands over his lightsaber, and practically skips out of the room. This is the only time in the game I've ever seen him smile. I was laughing so hard that I had pains.

The biggest issue is the overuse of the stupid oneliners, as others quoted. There's a reason why you all remember them, because they are used upwards of 10+ times during the dialog options.

The most common ones being

I've been looking for a reason to cause some chaos.

Murder and mayhem awaits

I really am the Best.

Worse yet they are spoken even when the written options aren't even close to being along those lines as the voiceover presents.

Have you guys checked out much of any other class stories? I bet they all have silly one liners.

There are a couple silly lines the inquisitor repeats often, but I have to say the female inquisitor voice acting is by far the best I have heard in this game!

When the Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor first get their ship, they show the same scene, just with the characters mixed around.

On the Warrior, Vette runs forward like a little kid to check out the ship while the Warrior walks slowly onward.

With the Inquisitor, it's the player who squeels like a girl and runs forward while Khem Val slowly steps forward.

It made me laugh so much.

Not all of them are terrible. I have been trying to remember the line he says about death and failure, or death and fools. Driving me mad trying to remember. It was well said and made me feel like a sith...

Anyone remeber what the exact words were????

I think it went something like:

"Death is merely the final failure of the weak."

Any other male Inquisitors wish the voice actor would have interjected more evil, "Mwuhuhahahaaaaa..." laughs at the end of his lines?

If you're going for all Dark Side, Khem Val's the companion to have. He ALWAYS "keeps it Gangsta", and if YOU don't, you get negative affection.

The Inquisitor's personality is so unlikable half the time, but everyone else surrounding him in his story line are very interesting.

He repeats ridiculous one-liners, makes lame jokes, responds at times like he's an institutionalized slave, then at other times, one dialogue selection later, he pulls a 180 and acts like he's supposed to be a god. Half the time, I don't like anything he says in the available options, and sometimes all three options are basically the same tone. If the Sith Warrior gets anything, it's storyline.

The truth is, female Inquisitor sounds hell of a lot better than male, superb voice acting for me there.

Male Inquisitor is just like you have described him, trust me rolling a female Inquisitor is a class game changer when compared to her male counterpart.

The only huge downside for me there is the lack of option to romance Ashara Zavros :)