How Well Will This Computer Run Swtor

ZombieCiircus

It'll run just fine. Just make sure the OS is the 64 bit version. it probably is already Other wise that 16 gb of ram is wasted.

Throwing in a solid state hard drive helps tremendously with loading times. Or, with a 64 bit OS and the 16 GB of ram you can just run SWTOR unleashed.

You should explore options. Try sites like Newegg.com or cyberpower.com/ibuypower.com make your own pc for less customized to your liking. Get a buddy who has experience to help you build it.

My buddy built mine with my help but now I got no f****** clue what parts we used as he's the one who suggested them and he doesn't remember so all I know about my custom computer is it glows blue and can run just about anything with no problem. Sometimes I've had 2 mmos open at the same time although the speed goes way down if I do that. Although this comment probably has very little to do with this thread.

It should work fine. However take into consideration what you want your PC to do. If your replacing a PC for a better one, consider build your own, or getting a DIY package, and adding your OS. Both options offer personal choice of components and no preloaded software and other nonsense, which will slow you down. SSD drive is the way to go for OS loading, and program speed. Research all your options before you buy a pre-packaged big box retail PC. Good luck and happy gaming!

As to not start a new thread:

I am having hard fps issues, and would really appreciate someone with spec knowledge to please tell me my limiting factor.

Intel i5 CPU, M 460 @ 2.53 GHz

6 GB Ram

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (1 GB)

64-Bit Windows

1366x768 display (default)

I played at launch, ran fine at medium graphics, then recently came back on same setup and just have bomb drops to 4-8 fps. Have tried:

Settings to minimum

Resolution Drop

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=594527

The specs given should work fine with this game. Like someone else said though it'd be good to confirm it'll have 64 bit Windows.

It doesn't give component details so no clue on piece performance.

Edited by Joesixxpack

As to not start a new thread:

I am having hard fps issues, and would really appreciate someone with spec knowledge to please tell me my limiting factor.

Intel i5 CPU, M 460 @ 2.53 GHz

6 GB Ram

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (1 GB)

64-Bit Windows

1366x768 display (default)

I played at launch, ran fine at medium graphics, then recently came back on same setup and just have bomb drops to 4-8 fps. Have tried:

Settings to minimum

Resolution Drop

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=594527

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (1 GB) is the rest should be fine ... for now ..

I used to own a busy buiding PC a few years ago and building your own Pc is still the best way to go ... price wise you just have to know what's best then look for deals .

Edited by tanktest

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (1 GB) is the rest should be fine ... for now ..

I used to own a busy buiding PC a few years ago and building your own Pc is still the best way to go ... price wise you just have to know what's best then look for deals .

So is 1 GB of VRAM not enough?

A fairly old pc will run it. But running it well due to the engine is an impssibility with random makeb lag and pvp and raids nearly impossible on monster pcs due to its horrible lack of efficiency when processing more than a few things at a time

So is 1 GB of VRAM not enough?

IT should be but id get one with 2 or more sense most cards now use 2 or more .. i mean is with that card you might get some realy bad lag at maxx setting . i use a 7870 with 2 gib hardrly evr lag at maxx setting your card is older card and amd has released a new one which i will be bee getting in the bext few month i hope ..

In your case the vram is fine its the card it self what it can do and can't , i would check out a 7700 or = nvidia card for maybe 100 $ you should see a big diff with one of those .. your card is old but usable but if you lag alot lower your settting to mid or lower ..

update your drivers look for tweaks on SW site or the Webb ,, off hand i can't link any .. i'm sure some one else can explain what i mean in more detailed way .. never been that great at detials eve in ops i allwys give very few details but do give you the exact fight .

Edited by tanktest

My buddy built mine with my help but now I got no f****** clue what parts we used as he's the one who suggested them and he doesn't remember so all I know about my custom computer is it glows blue and can run just about anything with no problem. Sometimes I've had 2 mmos open at the same time although the speed goes way down if I do that. Although this comment probably has very little to do with this thread.

You ever hear of running DXDIAG? Try it.

A fairly old pc will run it. But running it well due to the engine is an impssibility with random makeb lag and pvp and raids nearly impossible on monster pcs due to its horrible lack of efficiency when processing more than a few things at a time

I had to LOL at this. I custom built my pc and even before that I had a dell which ran the game with ZERO lag. I have never experienced lag in OPS or FP's or even back when open world pvp was on Illum. Yeah the engine is not the best one but it is hardly the worst one. Most people that experience bad lag have something in their system that is bottle necking somewhere or they have spyware or a virus on their system.

I had to LOL at this. I custom built my pc and even before that I had a dell which ran the game with ZERO lag. I have never experienced lag in OPS or FP's or even back when open world pvp was on Illum. Yeah the engine is not the best one but it is hardly the worst one. Most people that experience bad lag have something in their system that is bottle necking somewhere or they have spyware or a virus on their system.

Your obviously full of crap. Theres no computer that can run with zero lag as lag is inherent by their engine choice. I find it hard to beleive someone with an old pc doesnt lag when a brand new blazig one with a fresh hard drive doesnt

It has everything to do with this thread. I'm trying to help you get the best bang for your buck. Exploring options to see if you can get the same power for less. Forgive me if I came off as obnoxious or something.

It really doesnt matter what pc you have due to the engine it lags no matter what under certain situations

This. You could get the best pc money could buy and still have the hardware not work well with the game you are playing. As I said, explore your options to see what parts work well together and with this game.

Edited by spectreclees

My PC is ancient, I don't care for FPS and all that crap.. its runs as smooth as a babies bum and most setting are on High and I have shadows switched off due to it being a waste and too dark

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit)

6Gb RAM (only 4GB in use)

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3GHz CPU

ATI Radeon 5700 series Graphics Card

Everything is all on the same HDD no partitions are SSSD for the programs only, and again I run SWTOR on mainly high settings and everything runs smooth, I know trolls will state otherwise but meh.. its works for me ...somehow so I don't care, Ever runs Splintercell Blacklist smoothly on good graphic settings also

You should try asking for a specific fps benchmark because smooth is subjective. Some people are fine with 30 fps and either dont rAidd or consider stuttering as lag But to people who keep track of such things its noticeable in raids and makeb, pvp is always low frames compared to pve unless its a raid

I got no clue but it runs great on mine and also I have no clue what mine is cause it was custom built but its probably about equal to that one. Maybe better.

Yours must be the same as mine then as mine runs it great to.

There is no point in getting one gig of vram no games actually use that much its your texel and vertex shaders and bandwidth pipes that matter. But on this game it doesnt. No matter what u habe it will still lag with more than three to six ppl on screen. Pvp goes from before like 50 fps to during mbe 20 or 30 at most. Their engine just cannot efficiently utilize hardware it was designed for single player so why they try to make a mmo out of it is beyond me and wuite possibly the worst design decision ive ever seen in my 25 years of gaming

I posted some of this tonight in another thread, but @ low AA and low shader settings I get 40-60fps with this:

• Lenovo i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz
  • Upgraded 8192M to 16384MB RAM (humungous difference)
  • GeForce GTX 650 Ti 4042 MB

Fleet & FPs are planet smooth with AA off and no shadows.

Edited by GalacticKegger