Time to re-buff pyro PT / assault vangaurd

Loki_

Seeing that you DEVS seem to be in the mood to rebuff everything you tuned down from 1.2 to 2.0 can we have our old DOT strength back on assault cell VG and while your at it we can have the 15% armour ignore back from 45% to the original 60% it was in the bottom of the tactics tree

This will put us back on par with sin and operative after recent buffs and also fix the fact that the only real viable pve dps build for vanguards was a hybrid 2/22/22 in plasma cell, now the recent changes to pulse cannon stacks only working in high energy cell broke our best pve dps build.

its time to revisit this class.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yeah because what it used to be was a bit on the overpowered side of PvP.

So did operative and assasin on relaese .. now they are pretty close back to what they were while vanguard and pt is left with more nerfs

So did operative and assasin on relaese .. now they are pretty close back to what they were while vanguard and pt is left with more nerfs

Nope. operatives still do not have near as much armor penetration as they had, nor does the KD last half as long.

Darkness assassins is not even in the ballpark now from what it was at release...Heck it's not even in the same sport. Now if you're referring to deception it was so-so back at launch but when they put the cap on surge, changed wz adrenals and removed on demand relics their burst took a dive but not as much as concealment which had been put into the ground with nerfs and now they're finally back and deception has been in a really good spot for almost a year now.

I really hate the whole argument "well these specs are getting buffed now X should too". This is a good argument if they're terribly under performing (IE concealment) but Pyro isn't.

So PT pyro was under performing pre 2.0?

Nope, I personally find the class fine as it is but it will only be a matter of time before it receives buffs for pve due to the fact the 2/22/22 spec was nerfed and now Pyrotech for a Powertech is worthless for pve. pvers qq = buffs.

Nope, I personally find the class fine as it is but it will only be a matter of time before it receives buffs for pve due to the fact the 2/22/22 spec was nerfed and now Pyrotech for a Powertech is worthless for pve. pvers qq = buffs.

LOL This is true. There is a lot of PvE gunslinger QQ going around as well. Waiting for buffs there. Of course the OS nerf is fresh so it may take a couple years.

Seeing that you DEVS seem to be in the mood to rebuff everything you tuned down from 1.2 to 2.0 can we have our old DOT strength back on assault cell VG and while your at it we can have the 15% armour ignore back from 45% to the original 60% it was in the bottom of the tactics tree

This will put us back on par with sin and operative after recent buffs and also fix the fact that the only real viable pve dps build for vanguards was a hybrid 2/22/22 in plasma cell, now the recent changes to pulse cannon stacks only working in high energy cell broke our best pve dps build.

its time to revisit this class.

Short answer is no.

Long answer, PTs in general are right now 2nd in dps on group ranked leader boards with very small margin behind marauders, and have been continuously gaining ground over the last 2 month, as the meta game in arenas is changing to single target damage, of which pyro PT is the strongest class with carnage marauders. I would not be surprised if PTs become number 1 on group ranked leader board in a month or 2 as dps.

Pyro now is stronger than it was pre 2.0, if you factor the survivability, which was non-existent back then. With recent improved damage in RS and TD, you can very easily put back-to-back 7K hits (or at the same time if you time it right).

BTW, my main is PT, and I play theboth dps specs a lot in PvP, so I am talking from experience.You can go to PT forums as well, and all experienced PTs are very happy with how the class is performing in PvP.

Pyro good vs anything except smash or worse double smash.

I would argue that pyro works well against smash. Pyro's weakness is single target with armor penetration and preferable range. Not a lot of these, and the ranged ones tend (MM and arsenal) tend to have significant weaknesses.

Yes, let's buff this spec so that my retarded cousin with one hand can rofl stomp eveyrone instead of 90% of the population.

Lowest skill cap class/spec in the game already produces some of the best results... so it obviously needs buffs.

And these are the ones that suck. If your game plan is flame burst, RS you will suck, bad. Especially that the damage is not highly leveraged on CGS and RS as it used to be. I played all specs except ops medicine and concealment, they all are around same difficulty to use and the difficulty is low that an 11-12 year old could play any spec efficiently. This "skill cap" argument was, is and forever will be moot.

And pyro does not need buffs.

Edited by Ottoattack

I would argue that pyro works well against smash. Pyro's weakness is single target with armor penetration and preferable range. Not a lot of these, and the ranged ones tend (MM and arsenal) tend to have significant weaknesses.

And these are the ones that suck. If your game plan is flame burst, RS you will suck, bad. Especially that the damage is not highly leveraged on CGS and RS as it used to be. I played all specs except ops medicine and concealment, they all are around same difficulty to use and the difficulty is low that an 11-12 year old could play any spec efficiently. This "skill cap" argument was, is and forever will be moot.

And pyro does not need buffs.

I'll give everyone that VG has like four attacks worth using (HIB, stock strike, incendiary round, assault plastique)

Assault VG's need to focus on smart use of defensive cooldowns and managing heat (keeping it down until the burst is needed) while keeping dots up.

Tactics VG's have mostly passive defenses, but then they need to pay more attention to their rotation to get the auto crit and free stock strike. Things have to be done in order, and they need to look for every opportunity to cast their nasty cleave.

So one spec face rolls offense and you have to seriously work on defense.

The other spec race rolls defense, but you need to work hard to do damage.

People playing pyro one handed are going to die constantly and put up garbage numbers.

People playing AP one handed will do garbage damage but live longer.

I fail to see how either spec is easier than leap/smash.

Edited by Brunner_Venda

This is false, pre 1.2 I could solo premades on my scoundrel with frozen shock water. Not a single class in the game was a threat but another operative. They are nowhere near that now nor will they ever be near that power level again. Their current damage buff is minimal what makes them so OP now is everyone playing one.