$50 to buy a hypercrate

DarthWoad

It costs $39.99 to get the 5500 CC and then another $9.99 to get 1050 so you can get enough cartel coins to buy a hyper crate. (obviously assuming you have no CC at first).

So they've increased the price of their amazing hyper crates with amazing items in them, they've nerfed heroic farming so now it'll take longer for people to get the money to buy those things off the GTN. What you're doing is trying to corner people. People WILL buy hyper crates anyway, it's just they're more likely to now due to the heroic nerf - even if the price is higher. Unfortunately this will keep on continuing as players buy and buy the gamble packs. But you're a business right? You need to make money?

Why don't you make better content for us? Maybe good, quality content will bring you more money than hypercrates?

Any other player from any other MMO will obviously see that you're "milking" the players with a $50 gamble pack. In my opinion it's ridiculous you can charge that much. This is going to put off a lot of new players when they find out the cash shop is essentially overcharging players. And in my view it is going to make people unsubscribe and be put off the CM forever.

I want this game to succeed, I want this to start being the best MMO out there, and no, not in terms of how much money you can make, this is about quality. From my point of view, you're going in the wrong direction.

Do you know what $50/£30 can give me? Another game, or another subscription to another game. But people can obviously choose how they wanna spend their money. I myself would rather pay that towards another game than a gamble pack.

Edited by DarthWoad

I would often but a crate or two when a new one would come out.

Honestly, I've mostly done so because I like supporting things I enjoy. I haven't had any interest in keeping any of the super rare stuff at all (like threw arbiters sabers, which I think are hideous).

I'd open a few, sell most of them and use no fewer than 10 boxes as prizes for guild raffles and competitions.

No more. I'm done.

Do you know what $50/£30 can give me? Another game, or another subscription to another game.

Steam even has sale currently. So quite a lot of good games for cheap prices. For example Witcher 3 + expansion pass is 50 euros and that's totally worth it. I even got Wolfenstein: The New Order for 10 euros few days ago. For some reason I think opening the new hypercrate will not be 5 times as fun as that game.

Edited by Halinalle

I would often but a crate or two when a new one would come out.

Honestly, I've mostly done so because I like supporting things I enjoy. I haven't had any interest in keeping any of the super rare stuff at all (like threw arbiters sabers, which I think are hideous).

I'd open a few, sell most of them and use no fewer than 10 boxes as prizes for guild raffles and competitions.

No more. I'm done.

I never thought I wouldn't be buying at least one or two, but I don't care this month. I just want the decos so I'll watch the gtn. :( Make a "comeback" Bioware... for the gamer, please... :confused:

It's amazing how I care even less about the hypercrates than two months ago. I haven't bought many crates outside my monthly allowance for quite some time - I think february was the last time, and I'm not more likely to do it now.

Whether you want something out of this new pack or not, and I have one thing I want myself (Loyal Adherent), I would love to look at the price from an objective point of view: The current price is that of a new triple AAA game. You can buy a ton of games in the Steam summer sale right now, and even such things as the Witcher 3 DLC "Blood and Wine", which introduces a new country and thirty hours+ of new gameplay, are ~19,99€.

I think that this change has now taken away the last appeal hypercrates ever had.

Why don't you make better content for us? Maybe good, quality content will bring you more money than hypercrates?

No, it will not. They already lost the majority of loyal subscribers due to incompetence and EA's greed.

Now, as said, they just want to milk everything possible from remaining players, while giving 15 minutes chapter for 15 dollars each month. Then the game will be likely shut down. I never was a doomsayer, but things are so bad now...

Also people from my guild already got top armor parts from DvL packs. Why would devs give them for almost free?

Shame to see the price creeping back up - I suppose we'll see if there is a drop-off in sales that exceeds the added amount they're making per purchase. This is one of the most straightforward "vote with your wallet" situations as you can get. Since "supply" is a non-issue with digital goods, "demand" is the sole factor affecting the price point.

Keeping things in perspective, though, it's probably worth mentioning that this price is actually a good deal cheaper than Hypercrates were for years (even more so because those higher prices were back when Hypercrates only had 24 Packs, not the current 30):

Cartel Pack Hypercrates: 7,344 CCs

• Crime Lord Packs
  • Blockade Runner Packs
  • Skip Tracer Packs
  • Space Pirate Packs

Contraband Pack Hypercrates: 6,912 CCs

• Regulator Contraband Packs
  • Vice Commandant’s Contraband Packs
  • Archon’s Contraband Packs
  • Supreme Mogul’s Contraband Packs

Bounty Pack Hypercrates: 6,912 CCs

• Freelancer’s Bounty Packs
  • Pursuer’s Bounty Packs
  • Tracker’s Bounty Packs
  • Opportunist’s Bounty Packs

Starfighter Pack Hypercrates: 6,912 CCs

• Dogfighter’s Starfighter Packs
  • Galactic Ace’s Starfighter Packs
  • Space Jockey’s Starfighter Packs
  • Hotshot’s Starfighter Packs

Nightlife Pack Hypercrates: 6,912 CCs

• Star Cluster’s Nightlife Packs
  • Club Vertica Nightlife Packs

Stronghold Pack Hypercrates: 6,480 CCs

• Gatekeeper Stronghold Packs
  • Constable’s Stronghold Packs
  • Seneschal’s Stronghold Packs
  • Architect’s Stronghold Packs

Factor in a 25% increase to scale the price up to 30 packs and those first 22 different Hypercrates all would have been north of 8,000 CCs for an equivalent amount (and for the original Cartel Packs Shipment... well).

Edited by DarthDymond