How to stop getting one time password

nafu

Game keeps on telling me that the PC I am using can't be recognised. I am always using the same PC so what is the deal? I don't want to enter one time password everytime I log in the game or the website. Any recommendations about this?

Game keeps on telling me that the PC I am using can't be recognised. I am always using the same PC so what is the deal? I don't want to enter one time password everytime I log in the game or the website. Any recommendations about this?

you need type your password every time you log in accaunt on swtor.com it is for your security but if game ask 1 time password every tiem even on game cliet you have dinamic ip or some one from other ip logined in game :D thats all simply

He wasn't referring to his account password.

When you launch the SWTOR client, to the right (down) of the "Security Key" option and you will see "Remember this account". Check the box next to it. Should be something similar for the forum.

You would have to enter the One-time PW again unless you reset your modem.

you need type your password every time you log in accaunt on swtor.com it is for your security but if game ask 1 time password every tiem even on game cliet you have dinamic ip or some one from other ip logined in game :D thats all simply

Thanks for the reply. I know it is for security but I want to turn off this feature. Obviously this is why I am writing. Even I use dynamic IP or log in from a different PC which I don't , I am pretty sure that my account is safe in my PC and no one who could use my IP somehow can enter game with my account info. I am even pretty sure that game is not that popular in my country because of the stupid limitation in release stage. So I don't need to be warned each and every time about it.

He wasn't referring to his account password.

When you launch the SWTOR client, to the right (down) of the "Security Key" option and you will see "Remember this account". Check the box next to it. Should be something similar for the forum.

You would have to enter the One-time PW again unless you reset your modem.

Thanks for the reply too. But that option is already checked.

Edited by nafu

Link your account with a Security Key.

The dongle is no longer available, but there is an app for smartphones and someone has thoughtfully ported it to PC. Once you have a Security Key, you will never again be asked for a one-time password.

I'm not aware of an actual PC port of the app, but you can get an Android emulator for your PC, and run the key app in the emulator.

I am not changing my IP address. Stop commenting on others' comments maybe?

Yes, you are, as the above commenter pointed out. You just are unaware of it. No reason to get nasty about it. You are the one who asked for help, so listen and try to learn from the answers. Your ISP doesn't give you a permanent address, but changes it every time you boot up. They have a "bank" of addresses which they rotate through, knowing that not every subscriber will be on at any given time, so they can get away with fewer addresses than they have customers. That's between you and your ISP. Some do it; some don't. If you can't "fix" this between you and your ISP then, indeed, whether you like it or not, the only way around this is a security key. It's extra work, but you get an extra 100 CCs a month for your trouble, and the possibility that your account can be hacked goes way down. Your choice.

Yes, you are, as the above commenter pointed out. You just are unaware of it. No reason to get nasty about it. You are the one who asked for help, so listen and try to learn from the answers. Your ISP doesn't give you a permanent address, but changes it every time you boot up. They have a "bank" of addresses which they rotate through, knowing that not every subscriber will be on at any given time, so they can get away with fewer addresses than they have customers. That's between you and your ISP. Some do it; some don't. If you can't "fix" this between you and your ISP then, indeed, whether you like it or not, the only way around this is a security key. It's extra work, but you get an extra 100 CCs a month for your trouble, and the possibility that your account can be hacked goes way down. Your choice.

I am not being nasty at all. He said "Stop changing your IP address" and I said I am not changing it and it is the fact. Maybe ISP can do it, maybe I have a dynamic IP that I am not aware of :) but the thing is you guys are focusing on my IP other than my problem. I know what is a dynamic IP and I didn't ask anything about it. Obviously my problem here is I don't want a second layer of protection. I don't want to enter dozens of passwords while logging in. I am already losing time with my relatively old PC in between loading screens and I don't want to lose anymore time by waiting passwords to my email address, trying to enter passwords etc. . Maybe you should read and understand what is written here previously, before posting something. This one time password is useless for me. I am pretty sure that it was for making people purchase those security keys and after releasing the app version of it, it became pretty much useless and I want it off. In my case even security key is useless too. Again I don't want extra protection. It is my choice and simple. How can actually adding security key help me while I don't want to enter loads of other passwords other than my own password. Yeah, you won't enter one-time password but you will enter security key. It is a second layer. Same thing with different methods...

Thanks for worrying about my protection, your reply and time but it is not a solution for me at all. I don't have any concerns about someone hacking my account, they can try but they can't do it. So I think I should have a right to toggle off those extra (and in my case unnecessary) security layers when I want and I am not the first one who wrote about this subject.

About that application, a while ago I tried to download and use it. It said it was not compitable with my mobile phone which is not that ridicilously old. App requires at least Android version 2.1 and I run version 4 with my phone, so... I don't wanna purchase a mobile phone just to run it. I simply don't care. They haven't released a PC version of it. Only way is a third party application. I don't want a third party application to execute an Android application. Waste of time, waste of system resources for my PC and it is actually an invitation to hackers. So please don't post, suggest or dictate anything about that stupid security key. As I said I don't want a second layer of protection and don't care about those 100 ccs. I am already a sub and can get cc with that or buy them if I want 'em so badly. If you have any other solutions about turning off it I am willing to listen to of course. I hope my problem seems crystal clear now and thanks again...

Edited by nafu

I just got the security key android app and the "one time password" topped. The only difference, however, is my security key is now my one time password. The only thing that changed is I don't have to open up my browser, log into my email account, and copy/paste the key. I've saved myself about 4 seconds of time this way lol.

OP just get a security key, it's marginally less slow to log in AND you get 100 cartel coins free every month. Otherwise you'll have to call your ISP and ask for a static IP. I know how you feel about the unnecessary added security on EVERY single account, but nothing can (or will) be done beyond what others have suggested. If you don't want a security key (or can't use the itunes or android mobile app or a desktop emulator of either one) try the suggestion above me about filling in all your security questions and such.

It may not be his IP, because I used to have this problem, and the reason that came to me was I had my browser(firefox) delete the cookies, which I assume was what the site/game used to know if I was on my computer, also even if the ISP gave him dynamic IPs, they would not change so often, unless OP only logged in once a month/week or something

P.S. I also fixed this with a security key.

Edited by JoeSquared