Need some guidance.

Jedievensen

Hello all.

Ive been playing SWTOR for a while now and have enjoyed it so far.

My characters are:

Empire:

Vanduala- Mercenary Level 21.

Alena'sar-Sith Juggernaut Level 18

Sensualis-Operative Level 20

Serene'liara-Sith Assasin Level 29.

Republic:

Leelana-Commando Level 30

Liratar-Jedi Shadow Level 29

Savennah-Gunslinger Level 14

B'erena-Jedi Guardian Level 26

I have come across a problem when dealing with boss fights and such, im underleveled and under armored.

UnderArmored:

So far i have for my characters and companions used the armor given to them as rewards when finishing missions though i have a feeling they might not be enough.

What i am wondering is there some place to buy good armor for my characters to give them a little better chance. My random checks at sellers havent yielded any good results.

UnderLeveled:

When it comes to being underleveled i have played all story line missions and also side missions on planets i arrive on. I skip the 2+ and 4+ missions as i normally play alone and do one or 2 missions when online so i dont really want to take the time in joining with others. Same goes for flashpoints and other missions when i have to play with others.

So what i wonder is does anyone have any hints or ideas to help me get better armored and properly leveled.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Jedievensen

That's kinda odd. Did you do ALL of the available single-player missions for before the boss fight, or just some of them? I've been doing every single one that I run across and I've been able to stay on par.

Also, are you a subscriber or no? It affects how much XP you get in some cases.

Being undergeared is easy to do. The items you get from missions are usually pretty good, but sometimes the vedors on a planet will have something decent.

What I do is this:

1. I buy Adaptable Gear from the GTN and keep the mods in it up to level.

2. do every single-player mission I run across or can find and play Galactic Starfighter on occasion.

By doing those, I've stayed at least 2 levels over all of my missions. you should be able to beat the mission, though, even if you're two levels under in most cases.

I do believe i do them all before the boss fights.

For example Sith Inquisitor who is now at Level 29 and going to fight Zash, all missions have been done there.

Yes i am a subsriber and will probably be for a while.

Alright, will try and look for Adaptable gear next time i play.

The Starfighter missions ive completely forgot, so i will give them a look as well.

Thanks for help.

If anyone has any other help or hint that would help immensely.

In my opinion, you should have aquired quite a lot of "Basic Commendation". There's a tab at the bottom of your inventory where you can swtitch to the "Currency Inventory". There you can see them.

Please use these Commendaztions to buy yourself better stuff. You can do so at the Fleet Station.

Be careful to buy stuff fitting to your character's level. You need to check the different Planetary Vendors to see which stuff fits best to your level.

A thing you can do as well is buying Modifications for moddable armor. You can see that it is moddable by looking at it, if it contains several components, then it is moddable.

And you can get Mods fitting to your level at those Planetary Vendors as well.

Please be aware that if your character is several levels higher than the planet your character is on, then the stuff you can buy on that planet isn't good enough for your character anymore. That's why I insist on getting stuff fitting to your character's level.

In my opinion, you should have aquired quite a lot of "Basic Commendation". There's a tab at the bottom of your inventory where you can swtitch to the "Currency Inventory". There you can see them.

Please use these Commendaztions to buy yourself better stuff. You can do so at the Fleet Station.

Be careful to buy stuff fitting to your character's level. You need to check the different Planetary Vendors to see which stuff fits best to your level.

A thing you can do as well is buying Modifications for moddable armor. You can see that it is moddable by looking at it, if it contains several components, then it is moddable.

And you can get Mods fitting to your level at those Planetary Vendors as well.

Please be aware that if your character is several levels higher than the planet your character is on, then the stuff you can buy on that planet isn't good enough for your character anymore. That's why I insist on getting stuff fitting to your character's level.

I have started now going through my chars and buying with Commendations at Fleet Station. I assume i should go to the Planetary Vendor that was my last planet of call, or should it be the next in line?

To be honest ive also forgotten the modifications and i will have a look through that. Is there any easy to read guide anywhere about mods?

Thanks again for help

I have started now going through my chars and buying with Commendations at Fleet Station. I assume i should go to the Planetary Vendor that was my last planet of call, or should it be the next in line?

To be honest ive also forgotten the modifications and i will have a look through that. Is there any easy to read guide anywhere about mods?

Thanks again for help

Don't worry about what planet it says on the vendor: simply go to the one that has the gear closest to your level (you can sort by "usable", which may help narrow it down). Level of gear > whether you have visited that planet or not.

I have noticed that, if I want an endurance-light mod (e.g. Skill or Might mods), I can sometimes find a higher level version (but still usable at my level) at the next planetary vendor. So run around and see what different vendors have that you can use!

Don't worry about what planet it says on the vendor: simply go to the one that has the gear closest to your level (you can sort by "usable", which may help narrow it down). Level of gear > whether you have visited that planet or not.

I have noticed that, if I want an endurance-light mod (e.g. Skill or Might mods), I can sometimes find a higher level version (but still usable at my level) at the next planetary vendor. So run around and see what different vendors have that you can use!

Both things are right. I found the same.