Sentinel or Guardian? What do you like to play?

americanaussie

Sentinel is generally considered more powerful due to strong "surgical" defensive cooldowns and strong offense. Although I find it to be the case only in more "structured" environments when you have reliable support.

Guardian, on the other hand, is more well-rounded, in my experience. You get a good toolset, although somewhat less specialized. Your defenses don't scale as well as Sentinel's with heals and guard, but you're a bit more self-sufficient and less cooldown-reliant.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I really enjoy both, I prefer Guardian though, once you get used to being the designated puller, you can set the pace of flashpoint runs and going from that to a squishy lower level Mara and having to rely on others to pull can be painful at times especially when everyone seems reluctant to.

I really enjoy both, I prefer Guardian though, once you get used to being the designated puller, you can set the pace of flashpoint runs and going from that to a squishy lower level Mara and having to rely on others to pull can be painful at times especially when everyone seems reluctant to.

Between equally geared guardian and sentinel, sentinel is usually the sturdier one, if we are talking DPS specs. Especially, as you seem to be talking about veteran flashpoints, there are heal stations on each boss, so the lack of self heals isn't a problem.

Guardian runs out of DCDs faster than a sentinel.

But then, you are also talking about being a designated puller, so you might be talking about guardian's tank spec... Why are you comparing it to a DPS then?

Well... since I prefer single saber, I would play Guardian/Juggernaut. However, because playing them is incredibly frustrating and painful (because of the nonstop stuns, holds, sleeps, knocks, bounces, interrupts, etc.), and because their skills just are clunky and not very fluid, I prefer to play a Sage, and then get stuck in melee.

Of course, they took away the Sage's lonely only saber skill, leaving them with only the basic attack...

So, in answer to the question, Guardian (Juggernaut).