Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove kolto probes from operative DPS

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Remove kolto probes from operative DPS

kissingaiur
06.28.2019 , 01:40 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
Exactly. Ops succeed in solo ranked by different means from mercs, maras, and snipers. That doesn't make them inherently worse.

It's not universally bad, because ops have insanely good survivability, so you're at least partially missing the point. Yes, the op loses dps uptime when it has to run away, but it can also survive a very long time if played correctly. So while all their dps are chasing around the op, the focus target on their team is going to die. That may not be a good thing for the individual op, because it will spend a lot of the round running and healing, which may or may not be great fun, but it will be a good thing for the team. Most frequently, ops are just left to freecast while other classes are focused and cc'd. And yes, ops can be caught if hardstuns are coordinated properly, but that's pretty difficult to pull off in solos with random teammates against decent ops. Granted, I mostly play a dot sorc, so I have zero burst and they reset my dots constantly.
i didn't think it was possible for someone missed all my points entirely to only focus on the little scraps of tangential information that paints their own narrative, bravo
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that Iíve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

QuiveringPotato
06.28.2019 , 02:46 PM | #122
For those talking about a rebalance for DPS op: I think 2.8 was about the best balanced the class ever was.

We hit extremely hard (even in lethality), were squishier than we are now, and we still had our nifty mechanics that let us be unique, but we actually had the guns to get in there and do the job if you were good enough.

Concealment now is like.. "HA! Take my mediocre, obvious set-up burst that will take like maybe a third of your HP down! Oh- oh, I just looked at my HP bar and I'm at 70% HP too? Oh-.. Was that a 40k heatseeker? Well, time to play operative tank *commence healing, rolling, and kiting/LoSing shenanigans*"

I remember being able to literally 3-shot an unprepared player in subpar gear in that patch. Then again, TTK across the board was immensely lower (remember carnage 100-0'ing people in less than 4 seconds?), but tbh I preferred it that way.

Also, while I'm not a *huge* fan of not being able to be an actual threat to anybody in a group fight a lot of the time due to how our survivability works and just our burst in general, I don't think that MOST operative players actually play the class to "top the board" in damage and all that. I know, it's not good for ranked for us to be balanced like this, but imo we aren't meant to be that sort of class. Assassin fills that role.
Arvengis | Akanias Taleri | Mhyrah | Arcuneth | Tol'ika
Arteum | Celden

The Ebon Hawk <Nerf Operatives> Youtube Channel

JediMasterAlex
06.28.2019 , 03:18 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
i didn't think it was possible for someone missed all my points entirely to only focus on the little scraps of tangential information that paints their own narrative, bravo
I literally quoted almost your whole post and responded to it directly lol. Oh well, you've clearly become so committed to this poorly thought out suggestion that you're unwilling to listen to reason.