Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Get rid of unranked

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Get rid of unranked

RACATW
04.24.2019 , 12:53 AM | #1
Turn 8v8s into ranked 8v8s and it might just make more people care about objectives.

Unranked has gotten extremely boring as nobody bothers with objectives anymore.

merovejec
04.24.2019 , 02:59 AM | #2
I havent played regs in ages, cause they are as they are. I did play a few times as an exception but that was when we played in a group with friends, thats the only way it is fun. There really is no point to play regs solo.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68890

Fellow-Canadian
04.24.2019 , 08:54 AM | #3
Think your cure is worse than the disease. Most games you can expect the objectives are being played. it's very rare to see games where the entire team, except for you, isn't playing the objectives. What you're describing is not the norm. I think if you PVP long enough you'll see that things tend to average out. Not to say things never get streaky, they absolutely do, it's just expected the winning team played the objectives.
The Canadian Legacy
Check out my PVP videos on my YouTube channel.

limenutpen
04.24.2019 , 12:12 PM | #4
I do think that normal WZ are much more fun then ranked Arenas are or can ever be when the situation is right.

Saying that I do rage quit normal WZs when the team is just made of fools, and have no interest in winning the game.
My Rage Quit rate is about 25% so that means in four game I do leave one.

Some Rage Quit scenarios but not all no mid control in Huttball or ball handler support, no switch to side in and defense of turrets in one of the war torn maps (CW, Denova), losing door pretty fast in Voidstar and no reporting.
Nutpen: Sage, Lim'suno: Scoundrel, Lei'Suno: Commando, Color-full: Sentinel
Los'suno: Assasin, Diopen: Juggernaut, Grandblu: Powertech, Brontolon: Sniper

RACATW
04.26.2019 , 02:13 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by limenutpen View Post
I do think that normal WZ are much more fun then ranked Arenas are or can ever be when the situation is right.

Saying that I do rage quit normal WZs when the team is just made of fools, and have no interest in winning the game.
My Rage Quit rate is about 25% so that means in four game I do leave one.

Some Rage Quit scenarios but not all no mid control in Huttball or ball handler support, no switch to side in and defense of turrets in one of the war torn maps (CW, Denova), losing door pretty fast in Voidstar and no reporting.
"Normal" wzs used to also be ranked before 2013.

What Im saying is make them ranked again in some way and take away any unranked wzs.

Here a random ranked huttball match for your entertainment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywkdJvCfBAc

TrixxieTriss
04.26.2019 , 03:11 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by RACATW View Post

What Im saying is make them ranked again in some way and take away any unranked wzs.

That won’t solve the problem or make people care about the objectives. It will just make less people play because they are scared of the word “ranked”.

The only way you can change the behaviour and mentality people have in 8v8 is to incentivise them to play properly.

My proposal would be to halve all rewards if you lose and double the rewards if you win.

Put in a deserter CD of 15 mins if you rage quit after the match starts (you can still leave the match before the 30 secs CD at the start).

Add another incentive of some sort for winning.

Rion_Starkiller
04.26.2019 , 06:04 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
That won’t solve the problem or make people care about the objectives. It will just make less people play because they are scared of the word “ranked”.
I would like to see every match become ranked, but I think Trix is right. There are people on the forum reading this right now quaking in fear and ready to QQ if it were to happen. Sigh

At least we’ll always have ranked forum pvp, right?
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

limenutpen
04.28.2019 , 02:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by RACATW View Post

Yes I know. I used to play them a lot. Problem is ranked WZs need to be a team of 8. I am not sure solos can work well in 8s.
Nutpen: Sage, Lim'suno: Scoundrel, Lei'Suno: Commando, Color-full: Sentinel
Los'suno: Assasin, Diopen: Juggernaut, Grandblu: Powertech, Brontolon: Sniper

RACATW
04.29.2019 , 11:57 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by limenutpen View Post
Yes I know. I used to play them a lot. Problem is ranked WZs need to be a team of 8. I am not sure solos can work well in 8s.
I agree. Wzs dont work well at all anymore. Everything is treated as if it is ranked in unranked.

So since all wzs treated that way, just make it ranked. Then people won't want to just kill anymore they will want to win.

Jadescythe
04.30.2019 , 11:38 AM | #10
Good thing the fun police are here to post about how players are putting too much focus on killing other players in PvP. Perhaps you weren't a part of 8v8 ranked, but 99% of it was killing other players. There were no clever CC chains into taking objectives against coordinated groups. Either they were outkilling you and winning or you were outkilling them and winning.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here