Found an orange belt - Trading Help?

Mirdthestrill

So, I was cruising around balmorra today on my 21 Imperial Agent and found an orange belt that's restricted to Sith Inquisitors. While I'm not too bad at the game itself, I'm a complete noob at trading. So:

How do I post items to chat?

How do I trade with people?

How much should I be selling this thing for?

Should I sell it just through chat, or through the GTN?

Thanks for your time. I'm not really sure if I've hit a gold mine or more vendor trash here.

First go to the Galactic Trade Network, there will be one on the fleet.

Second right click the belt in your bag

Third on the Trade network panel click the sell tab * Its on the bottom left *

Fourth set for 2 days, and as an average orange belts on the Progenitor server sell for between 100k and 200k

Fifth profit.

Wouldn't recommend general trading, GTN gives you a price base if you look for similar items and allows you to get the maximum, if it doesn't sell lower by a few K and try again.

Edited by Synalon

First go to the Galactic Trade Network, there will be one on the fleet.

Second right click the belt in your bag

Third on the Trade network panel click the sell tab * Its on the bottom left *

Fourth set for 2 days, and as an average orange belts on the Progenitor server sell for between 100k and 200k

Fifth profit.

Wouldn't recommend general trading, GTN gives you a price base if you look for similar items and allows you to get the maximum, if it doesn't sell lower by a few K and try again.

Thanks! That ought to do it for most of my questions, but how do I post items to chat? It would be useful to know for the future. And I also realized I should check with my Guildmaster before selling this. :o

It's amazing how much some people will spend on stuff. Custom belts arent exactly growing on trees so you could probably get a considerate amount for it. I would first check the GTN to see if there were any other similar belts on the market and how much they were tagged for. With no belts there I'd probably put 20K-30K on it. I managed to re-sell a skirt I had bought for 20K from a guy for 30K on the GTN and skirts arent even uncommon so you never know.

Thanks! That ought to do it for most of my questions, but how do I post items to chat? It would be useful to know for the future. And I also realized I should check with my Guildmaster before selling this. :o

Shift and right-click I think it is? Or it's shift and left-click. I can't remember exactly but I do believe it is shift and click on the item. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

It's amazing how much some people will spend on stuff. Custom belts arent exactly growing on trees so you could probably get a considerate amount for it. I would first check the GTN to see if there were any other similar belts on the market and how much they were tagged for. With no belts there I'd probably put 20K-30K on it. I managed to re-sell a skirt I had bought for 20K from a guy for 30K on the GTN and skirts arent even uncommon so you never know.

Moddable skirts are far more common that belts and bracers. You're guessing about 1/10th the price that a custom belt can sell for. Chest piece or skirt, 20-30k is about right. Belt or bracers can go for 200-300k.

Moddable skirts are far more common that belts and bracers. You're guessing about 1/10th the price that a custom belt can sell for. Chest piece or skirt, 20-30k is about right. Belt or bracers can go for 200-300k.

Now are these with the original mods included or is this just for the item itself with the mods removed?

Regardless of the belt having any mods included Orange belts and bracers are rare as hens teeth so will command a very high price. I'd start with a price of 250-300k.

Ok I was just wondering if having mods or not affected the cost significantly or not. If not then might as well pull the mods and just sell the item I guess.

Ok I was just wondering if having mods or not affected the cost significantly or not. If not then might as well pull the mods and just sell the item I guess.

DON'T remove the mods. Doing so binds the item to you. Same with putting mods into a custom piece. And I don't believe it pops up a warning about it (only the one about cost for removing mods).

That price is for any custom belt or bracers, regardless of mods that are or aren't in it.

Regardless of the belt having any mods included Orange belts and bracers are rare as hens teeth so will command a very high price. I'd start with a price of 250-300k.

Are they actually rare on your server or are you just not looking in the right place on the GTN? On my server there are usually several belts and bracers for sale at any given time. To find unmodded gear on the GTN you have to select rarity type standard for them to show.

DON'T remove the mods. Doing so binds the item to you. Same with putting mods into a custom piece. And I don't believe it pops up a warning about it (only the one about cost for removing mods).

That price is for any custom belt or bracers, regardless of mods that are or aren't in it.

Incorrect.

You can remove any mods from a BOE item and it will remain BOE. As will the mods.

Adding BOE mods to a BOE item will not effect it at all. It will remain BOE.

Adding a BOUND mod to a BOE item will make the item and all subsequent mods BOUND.

Any mods removed from a BOUND item will be BOUND.

Incorrect.

You can remove any mods from a BOE item and it will remain BOE. As will the mods.

Adding BOE mods to a BOE item will not effect it at all. It will remain BOE.

Adding a BOUND mod to a BOE item will make the item and all subsequent mods BOUND.

Any mods removed from a BOUND item will be BOUND.

I removed the crystal from a BoE weapon and it became bound to me.

I removed the crystal from a BoE weapon and it became bound to me.

Hmm you are correct, although this makes no sense and I believe is an oversight, as this is a change and was never mentioned in the patch notes to my knowledge.

Putting BOE mods INTO a BOE item still results in the item remaining BOE. You can replace mods with other BOE mods and it still remains unbound.

But is strange as to why removing the mod makes both items bound.

Very strange.

Are they actually rare on your server or are you just not looking in the right place on the GTN? On my server there are usually several belts and bracers for sale at any given time. To find unmodded gear on the GTN you have to select rarity type standard for them to show.

Please let us know which server you happen to be on. On Tarro Blood, Kathol Rift, and The Courageous, there are rarely any on the GTN. I saw one once, and it was going for 300K.

I ended up leaving the mods in the chest piece and priced it at 15k which was on par with similar items on the GTN and it sold within 45 mins. Guess I coulda priced it more towards 25k or 30k but hey I made 15k more than I had.

So, I was cruising around balmorra today on my 21 Imperial Agent and found an orange belt that's restricted to Sith Inquisitors. While I'm not too bad at the game itself, I'm a complete noob at trading. So:

How do I post items to chat?

How do I trade with people?

How much should I be selling this thing for?

Should I sell it just through chat, or through the GTN?

Thanks for your time. I'm not really sure if I've hit a gold mine or more vendor trash here.

where on balmorra ??? (Thanking you)

Worth pointing out that Inquisitor belts are the least desired, since inquisitors can use the Pilot Belt bought with Fleet Commendations as a moddable orange belt.

Medium and Heavy belts can go for large amounts, since they're uncommon. Every inquisitor has access to an orange belt for the price of running a couple space missions though.

Thanks to this thread I priced an orange belt at 150k on the AH. I kept the price down, as there were already two belts at a lower price up. Hower it sold within the day and lo and behold, 15 minutes after it sold, some random lv18 mob dropped some orange bracers.