The BIG Gear Problem in 70 pvp has to be changed

Bilch

So after i came back i played a few lvl 70 matches and didnt rly had fun at all.

It just felt weird, especially in comparison to low/mid pvp.

It is just rediculous that some players dont do damage at all and some come with maxed out gear and destroy everything. Noone understands that Bolster thing - if i look into the gear of my fellow players (me included)

And i Think the Gear is the biggest Problem. In my Opinion there shouldnt be any requirments for Bolster at all.

If you join a Wz you should get a Certain stat maybe 5-10% under the best Gear possible.

As it is now. PvP is extremely unbalanced at lvl 70 and extremely boring, especially since the Heal gets somehow calculated different then the damage. My Merc does propably more than double the healing than what i do as dps.

That just seems not right, especially since it isnt that way in low/mid pvp.

For Example with the green Ossus gear (232) i did maybe max 20k crits with my merc - with the Ossus quest weapon (252) i got already + 500 primary damage and atleast it felt a little like im doing something.

But since i figured out that the whole gear situation is broken af i just switched to heal and now i feel kinda op - cause most people cant even do dps (even if they want:D)

either bring back PvP gear or makre Bolster better and easier

Edited by Bilch

The whole gearing system has been ****ed since the start of 5.0 when expertise was taken out, come 6.0 tho there is a high chance they going to go back to the old system where there is pvp and PvE gear.

So at this point, no point crying, just suck it up for a other 5 or so months

You get bolstered to 252 gear, and max tier is 258. A lot of the gear complaints come from mediocre players who don’t realize the stat disparity in war zones is not that large.

Why not just boost it to 258. Honestly, even if the advantage is 2%-4% as most say, why give any advantage in PVP when the requirement is to participate in a ****** gear grind that many refuse to do to get that advantage?

Most PVPers do not care about having a gear advantage small or not. It's just dumb bolstering to 252 and not 258 imo. It would save a lot of drama for sure if they just bolstered to 258.

The other issue is trusting bolster to work properly once people are in full 258s. Who knows how that will shake out?

Bolster has always been wonky, trusting it now that the devs have it working properly is a tall order considering all the bugs that have been dumped into the game with 5.10.

Thinking that no bugs will affect bolster or PVP is hard to believe seeing 5.10 has bugs touching every facet of the game now.

I just think they'd save themselves a lot of problems just bolstering everyone in WZs to 258 so everyone was equal.

I'm not in favor of having bolster set to 258 or higher in PVP currently, but only because raiders and PVPers are using the same gear now.

You can't make people have to go through all that work, time and investiment to get the gear and than give it to the other segment who also uses the same stat set and basis for free and immediately.

I'm speaking against my own self-interest here. I haven't been in progression raiding since 5.0 dropped and they took gear out of operations. Since than, I only did PVP.

I do however understand that PVPers who weren't raiders don't like long gearing practices, it's just not what they are about or how they see things, I can respect that. For myself, I remain ever the odd man out in this. I love gearing, I don't dislike carrots on the end of sticks, and I don't feel that BIS gear should be easy to get or fast to get. Said more specifically, it should hard to get and it should take a notable time investiment. BIS gear, is raiders gear. It has to work by that paradigm. I know that's not keeping with PVPers overall view of 'gearing' and that's why we need to have PVP gear again.

As long as both Raiders/PVEers and PVPers are using the same gear and gaining the same benefits from it, you can't spare one side the effort and give a 'free ride' to the other at this point because we've been doing this shared gearing paradigm that has existed in 5.x the whole time now.

Besides, even if they did raise bolster to 258, you would still have need for the 258 gear anyway because the bolster wouldn't provide the set bonus attributes and than you would have people who actually have the 258 gear using it while fighting against people who didn't get the set bonus attributes and were just gaining the base bolster to attributes.

240 augments are still going for 5+ mill, and if I understand the effects of bolster with regard to augments as has been explained by Trixxie, Totem and some others, that would spare PVPers from a ton of expenses that everyone else would still need to go thru outside of PVP and if they used them in PVP it would affect some stat differences between bolstered and non bolstered 240 augmented players.

The set bonus attributes would be a great advantage some would have over players who were only being bolstered with out actually possessing the 258 gear. So that means, that they would have to have their set bonus abilities suppressed while in WZs which would be ridiculous as they went through all the work to get them in the first place and have fairly earned them or they would also have to give PVPers who were bolstered only players set bonus abilities they never earned in the first place, which would be unfair under the current conditions as we currently have with the 'one size fits all' gear.

I fully support and recommend the re-introduction of PVP gear back into the game for a great many reasons, and in that I seem to be of a like mind with the majority of PVPErs and I hopeful they will do so in 6.0.

Raiders and PVPers are not playing the same game, so to speak, thus they can't play using the same gear and cannot be accommodated to the specifics, needs, and desires of one another.

And no, 'we can't just all get along', the ideologies are too different.

actually in a perfect world, bolster would be higher than 258. because that way "min maxed" 258 players wont exceed bolster rating. so a theorictical bolster point would be 260.

Yeah, I guess that would make sense.

Just think though. If they just added max bolster to WZs, there would be zero complaints by any players that the matches were unfair due to gears. This would eliminate tons of drama amongst the playerbase that do PVP.

By leaving the door partly cracked open BW is just opening themselves up for more criticism and complaints by the players, and imo it's justified. There's zero reason to stick bolster at 252.

Actually the only reason I can think of is they are trying to placate those who do like a gear grind, even those that primarily PVP. I honestly believe that's a small minority though.

Mostly trolls and *******es enjoy gear disparity and it's a crutch for some players knowing they do have an advantage via gear in PVP against others.

Now, I realize there are those honest good folk that are not trolls or *******es that also like gear advantages in PVP, but I feel that the troubles eliminated by just boosting bolster to 258 (or 260 as you say) far outweigh the unhappiness some players may have when they do not enjoy a gear advantage in PVP.

gear earned by raiding has no place in warzones. its like wearing a battle suit to a wedding, or a tutu to battlefield. you wear appropriate equiptment for your setting.

Right. Thing is about "earning" gears for PVP, it doesn't fit.

Gear grinds are good in PVE where a natural progression is needed to advance through different tiers of content. In a PVE environment, it makes sense to "earn" gears to advance and improve your character's gears, in essence to climb steeper mountains you need better climbing gears. This is not necessary in PVP.

In PVP the primary point is competition and true competition is only met when all competitors are on even ground as far as the weapons, tools, gears they are given.

Not to digress, but that's why class balance is really important in PVP also. Obviously if one class is OP it enjoys an unfair advantage that has nothing to do with the player's actual ingame skills.

Point is the ideal situation is when it's purely player skill that determines the outcome of a PVP fight, not gears or class advantage/disadvantage.

Edited by Lhancelot

The whole gearing system has been ****ed since the start of 5.0 when expertise was taken out, come 6.0 tho there is a high chance they going to go back to the old system where there is pvp and PvE gear.

So at this point, no point crying, just suck it up for a other 5 or so months

I’m willing to put hard money on the table that 6.0 (if it gets released) won’t be before November/December. They don’t even have a roadmap to share and nothing to tell us till the cantina event.

That’s not 5 months to suck it up, that’s 10-11 months or more. At this rate there won’t be anyone left to play the damn game.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

actually in a perfect world, bolster would be higher than 258. because that way "min maxed" 258 players wont exceed bolster rating. so a theorictical bolster point would be 260.

That’s how Bolster use to work under the old 4.x system. It was higher than the max ranked gear.

This was evident because every time you entered pvp with the ranked gear, your stats would increase higher.

Having Bolster higher than 258 won’t negate people with 258 gear and Augments. They will still have better stats than someone with lower gear that is bolstered. But the gap will be smaller. This is exactly how it was in 4.x.

Personally I’m all for expertise coming back with a faster path to pvp gearing and minimal gear gaps between gear lvls.

The best thing they could do is revert pvp gear back to exactly how the old 4.x system worked. With no excessive grind and the ability to accumulate Comms in lowbie pvp as you lvl.

I have started to experience 258 geared players in pvp and it’s not pleasant if you are just using Bolster. The stats say there shouldn’t be that much of a difference, but the reality in the combat is very noticable against equally skill players.

Can you imagine if BioWare had gone with their first idea of making Bolster 248???

People don’t seem to get it that BioWare have no *********** clue when it comes to pvp enjoyment or what most pvpers want.

I know I don’t want to fight gear gods and I’m certainly not going to grind this ridiculously stupid gearing system until they fix it. Even then I refuse to grind pve **** to get pvp gear. So my only recourse will be to play lowbies and Mids till they fix it or stop playing when too many people have 258 fully geared.

At this point I’m waiting till 5.10.1 and if there aren’t some serious changes in how pvpers can gear up faster and NOT have to do pve grind, then that’s probably it for me as far as pvp goes in this game. Which means I’ll probably unsub and only occasionally return to hang out with my wife.

I’ve already started playing other games to find a swtor pvp replacement.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

gear earned by raiding has no place in warzones. its like wearing a battle suit to a wedding, or a tutu to battlefield. you wear appropriate equiptment for your setting.

I have to agree with this 100%. Pve and pvp gear should be seperate. Having two sets of gear isn’t the game breaking problem so many argue it is.

Having a gearing system like we have now is 100x more game breaking than having two sets.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Right. Thing is about "earning" gears for PVP, it doesn't fit.

Gear grinds are good in PVE where a natural progression is needed to advance through different tiers of content. In a PVE environment, it makes sense to "earn" gears to advance and improve your character's gears, in essence to climb steeper mountains you need better climbing gears. This is not necessary in PVP.

In PVP the primary point is competition and true competition is only met when all competitors are on even ground as far as the weapons, tools, gears they are given.

Not to digress, but that's why class balance is really important in PVP also. Obviously if one class is OP it enjoys an unfair advantage that has nothing to do with the player's actual ingame skills.

Point is the ideal situation is when it's purely player skill that determines the outcome of a PVP fight, not gears or class advantage/disadvantage.

This is exactly how I feel.

Do i rlly get bolstered to 252? And at which point?

Cause if i have lets say the green ossus starter set with 232 i have way lower stats than with my purple peaces from the weekly quest (248)

But well Low/Mid Pvp is plenty of fun. Maybe ranked would be Interesting but knowing from my experience with swtor few years back it probably takes ages to pop sometimes:D

Do i rlly get bolstered to 252? And at which point?

Cause if i have lets say the green ossus starter set with 232 i have way lower stats than with my purple peaces from the weekly quest (248)

But well Low/Mid Pvp is plenty of fun. Maybe ranked would be Interesting but knowing from my experience with swtor few years back it probably takes ages to pop sometimes:D

From extensive testing with gear from 228 to 248, this is what I’ve discovered about Bolster

Don’t equip 236 Mastery Augments (or most other 236 Augments) as they do absolutely nothing or you lose damage stats. Using all 248 gear with Augments gives less stats than 230 + 228 Augments and a 248 main hand weapon. It’s absolutely ridiculous the way it works.

At least I’ve now got something to spend my command Comms on.

Edited by TrixxieTriss