Weirdness in pvp today. Is the backend update to blame?

Totemdancer

I’ve not pvp’d properly since the backend update this week, so I’m only just seeing this now.

1. Abilities not activating at all in some matches (usually in graphic intensive situations or against snipers for some reason)

2. Losing target lock on snipers and Mercs

3. Getting chain stunned with full resolve

My wife has and friend have been experiencing exactly the same things

Next problem is it seems hackers have found away past Biowares instant death if you go out of bounds, phase into walls or go out of the start area before the match.

Either they’ve found their own way to do it or BioWare reversed those changes or turned it off. I’m going with turned it off to try and fix the dysnc. But the dysnc actually feels worse to me than last week. (Not sure what other’s think)

Seen two hacks today. Not sure if they were the same person, but probably because they were both stealth people.

The most blatant one was in void star. The guy got over the respawn, started running to the door and stealthed. When the game started I used predation to go straight the door he went to and he capped it from the other side of the door before I could even get close to the door. ie, he phased through the door and capped. I tried to get his name, but he stayed stealth the whole time and it was impossible. It’s really hard to report when they do that or gather evidence, which is probably the reason they’re on a stealth class

Anyone else seeing any strangeness in pvp since the backend update.

Edited by Totemdancer

I haven't seen things like that. I do occasionally lose target lock on someone when it seems like I should not (like you say, a sniper or someone that can't stealth out). But that's not new since the backend update. Also, the game will auto-select for me my own team mates while in spawn sometimes... often a sorc who's throwing bubbles around or something like that. It's done that to me forever. So I just figured the "losing target on someone" was the same kind of thing.

For the stealth hacker - could you have gotten their name from the end screen? Looking for someone who had a high objective points and who's name you didn's see otherwise?

I haven't seen things like that. I do occasionally lose target lock on someone when it seems like I should not (like you say, a sniper or someone that can't stealth out). But that's not new since the backend update. Also, the game will auto-select for me my own team mates while in spawn sometimes... often a sorc who's throwing bubbles around or something like that. It's done that to me forever. So I just figured the "losing target on someone" was the same kind of thing.

For the stealth hacker - could you have gotten their name from the end screen? Looking for someone who had a high objective points and who's name you didn's see otherwise?

Nah, We left the match after the first door and the bridge opening just as the first door popped. In hind sight I probably should have stayed to get the name, but I was angry about it and rage quit lol. Hackers grind my gears.

A Sorc throwing a heal or bubble on you while you have no one targeted will auto target them, but if you have a target locked up, it won’t do that.

I have had the target lock thing happen in the past, but it was really rare. Today it was in every other match and sometimes multiple times in the same match. And mostly against snipers?? It was so weird that it was only Mercs and snipers.

The same as the chain stun with full resolve. I think everyone has experienced it at least once over the years due to lag / desync or a bug, but it’s usually really rare. Once again that happened multiple times in the last 6 hours of play. Which makes me wonder if all these “too many” stun threads that are popping up, is because this is happening to other people too.

Edited by Totemdancer

dont know who or which wzs it happened to you in, but operatives can cloak more then themselves causeing target lock to swap.

thats really the only thing.. unless they died. that might do it. in several wzs it is possible to actually outdistance them too. like hypergate and voidstar. also, make sure you arent "deselecting target upon clicking on terrain" a great option, but might cause some confusion.

Edited by Seterade

dont know who or which wzs it happened to you in, but operatives can cloak more then themselves causeing target lock to swap.

thats really the only thing.. unless they died. that might do it. in several wzs it is possible to actually outdistance them too. like hypergate and voidstar. also, make sure you arent "deselecting target upon clicking on terrain" a great option, but might cause some confusion.

Its not that, I’ve been around long enough to tell the difference ;)

my biggest problem is the being a west coast player pinging to an east coast server. small gcd delays are huge factors in weird things happening.

I visually see strange things happening, (especially on hutball ramps) because I'm lagging. It can be extremely frustrating at times.

my biggest problem is the being a west coast player pinging to an east coast server. small gcd delays are huge factors in weird things happening.

I visually see strange things happening, (especially on hutball ramps) because I'm lagging. It can be extremely frustrating at times.

Yeah that’s the desync your seeing in Huttball, more so than lag.

Weird stuff continues today. Stunned to death on my sniper. Breakers and immunities didn’t work, stunned 3 more times after full resolve.

This is random and usually extremely rare to get stunned through resolve. But come on, this is the second day in a row this is happening and it’s not just occasionally, it’s every other match.

I’ve checked my ping and it’s the same as always and no spikes. I’ve checked for packet loss and it’s not that either.

The only thing that’s happened since last week was the backend update. Before that I hadn’t seen hacks or have all this weirdness. So I’m guessing that’s what it is or someone has worked out an exploit to stun with full resolve and then shared it with others,

Please let me know if anyone else has this happen. I want to get to the bottom of what’s causing this so I can give better feed back to BioWare. My limit with the problems in this game has is nearly reached :mad:

Edited by Totemdancer

I don't have issues since last week specifically either. I would say since 5.10 I have less FPS in warzones and arenas which makes people's positions and movement directions less fluid so I have a harder time with range and LoS than before.

Also tab-targeting is acting weird sometimes as I don't feel I tab at the guy that tab-target should get me. Like in an arena when all 4 people are constantly on my screen: Instead of person 1 tab 2 tab 3 tab 4 it's sometimes person 1 tab 2 tab 1 tab 3 tab 2 and after half a year of doing basically nothing I try to click at person 4 because I can't tab him, oh great he's desyncing.

Another thing is sometimes actually losing enemy target and instead I'm targeting a random friendly player.. so far I always blamed my mouse as I pretty much constantly hold right mouse button for camera movement but maybe that's actually a thing.

Haven't seen any hacking recently.

Same bull **** today. Now there is a particular guild (who I can’t name, but I really want too because they are the only ones doing this) in lowbies on non stealth classes that disappear and you lose lock and next thing they are 40m away.

It is an undeniable exploit or hack of somesort dysnc doesn’t work on only one guild and nobody else.

Same bull **** today. Now there is a particular guild (who I can’t name, but I really want too because they are the only ones doing this) in lowbies on non stealth classes that disappear and you lose lock and next thing they are 40m away.

It is an undeniable exploit or hack of somesort dysnc doesn’t work on only one guild and nobody else.

You should really start recording your matches as it seems you meet "hackers exploits n stuff" every day meanwhile i maybe see one in a few weeks if not even that and i do pvp on daily basis,im really curious as to whats happening in your matches and would like to try and explain some of the cases, now it's kind of hard to trust on your word only that theres hackers everywhere without any proof whatsoever.

You should really start recording your matches as it seems you meet "hackers exploits n stuff" every day meanwhile i maybe see one in a few weeks if not even that and i do pvp on daily basis,im really curious as to whats happening in your matches and would like to try and explain some of the cases, now it's kind of hard to trust on your word only that theres hackers everywhere without any proof whatsoever.

this 100%

Yeah I’m trying to set it up so it doesn’t create any stutter or “lag” on my connection to the game. I already have 220ms, anything that causes extra issues is turned off. (Let me just be clear too, it’s not lag that’s causing these issues)

Let me add. I saw a Jugg go through a wall in Civil. War to get to a Sorc who had phase walked behind it, now that was either a bug or on purpose. He leapt to the wall to the opposite side of where the Sorc was. So that’s possibly lag. But then he used mad dash to go through the wall to get to the Sorc.

I was at an angle and back enough that is could see both players. It was physically impossible for him to run around the wall and attack the Sorc that fast. So it wasn’t lag or dysnc. I also saw the Sorc take damage from his mad dash.

I’m disappointed I haven’t had the time to play around with recording stuff because that would have been a great example of an exploit or wall hack. I also wasn’t the only person who saw it and the Sorc was pretty surprised.