Found a nice cheat/exploit for Agents/Smugglers

OldRepublicRevan

I 1st noticed in PvE I could use BB on my Smuggler without totally behind behind the target. I tried it in PvP and it also works as well.

Now I understand why so many bads are making ganking classes.....to just move backwards and forwards overtop of targets is childs play. It's a pretty easy way to spam/gank people.

For the record - BB never required you to be behind the target, anyway. Neither did Shadow Strike or other "behind" attacks, they required you to be in the rear 180° of the target, and in Lethality/Ruffian, you get a passive that lets you use it from anywhere. Same for Sin/Shadow tanks.

No exploit; actual game mechanic.

For the record - BB never required you to be behind the target, anyway. Neither did Shadow Strike or other "behind" attacks, they required you to be in the rear 180° of the target, and in Lethality/Ruffian, you get a passive that lets you use it from anywhere. Same for Sin/Shadow tanks.

No exploit; actual game mechanic.

I can run up to a target, basically stand on top of them and hit them with these attacks. That 180° is too wide imo, needs to be shortened to make the class a challenge again. Takes 0 skill to do that to people.

Already too many people running similar specs. Its a shame they made it so casual friendly.

Edited by OldRepublicRevan

They somewhat recently made that "behind them" cone smaller, and it wasn't to make it easier for the person doing the stabbing.

If they made it even smaller it would not be good. As it is, I frequently get the system message saying I need to be behind my target, even though I am.

I 1st noticed in PvE I could use BB on my Smuggler without totally behind behind the target. I tried it in PvP and it also works as well.

Now I understand why so many bads are making ganking classes.....to just move backwards and forwards overtop of targets is childs play. It's a pretty easy way to spam/gank people.

Here's another amazing hack if you're playing against a Smuggler! Move around a lot! The engine in this game is absolutely terrible and even when standing directly behind a target backstab FREQUENTLY wont work because according to the game I'm not behind my target!

HACK THE WORLD!

Here's another amazing hack if you're playing against a Smuggler! Move around a lot! The engine in this game is absolutely terrible and even when standing directly behind a target backstab FREQUENTLY wont work because according to the game I'm not behind my target!

HACK THE WORLD!

Even better hack, stand on stairs or a hill and you will never get backstabbed/mauled because #mmosrhard

HACK THE WORLD!

I bet you didn't pay attention to your cooldowns. Was probably mashing the button wondering why you can't spam attack I'll bet.

Why would you think any cheat/exploit is "nice"? Further, why would you share it as if you were doing the community some grand favor?

This is nether of those things but come on really?

You don't think not having to actually be behind your targets to stab/stun them isn't nice? That's quite the advantage. Makes it so that even keyboard turners can roll these classes effectively, lmao.

You don't think not having to actually be behind your targets to stab/stun them isn't nice? That's quite the advantage. Makes it so that even keyboard turners can roll these classes effectively, lmao.

You miss my point, you present this as a "cheat or exploit", by definition these things should not be presented as a positive thing.

So, does this even the ground between keyboard turning noobs and mlg players? Or does it make it ao that keyboard turning noobs are good and mlg players are awesome?

I can't wait to see the screenies you'll undoubtedly post here proving how big of an advantage this is.

;)

So, does this even the ground between keyboard turning noobs and mlg players? Or does it make it ao that keyboard turning noobs are good and mlg players are awesome?

I can't wait to see the screenies you'll undoubtedly post here proving how big of an advantage this is.

;)

How would screen shots capture the ease of stunning? I think you meant a video and if you're wanting to see one go to youtube and search for it.

How would screen shots capture the ease of stunning? I think you meant a video and if you're wanting to see one go to youtube and search for it.

Stunning isn't positional. I assumed you were talking about BB being easy to pull off, in which case you can just post a scoreboard screenie.

Or you could teach me about that positional stun you have.

Stunning isn't positional. I assumed you were talking about BB being easy to pull off, in which case you can just post a scoreboard screenie.

Or you could teach me about that positional stun you have.

I literally explained it to you already if you read the other comments. Stand right ontop of people. You can abuse that '180 degree cone' consistently without ever really being behind a target.

I literally explained it to you already if you read the other comments. Stand right ontop of people. You can abuse that '180 degree cone' consistently without ever really being behind a target.

Yeah, bud? It's been like that for quite a while now. I don't think they ever changed what's considered "behind" for backstab abilities, it's always been the other side of 180 degrees.

In 3.0 I think, they made the FoV for players 270 degrees, but that's just to get attacks off. To avoid attacks completely, you have to be in that back 90 degrees, but you can still backstab from 180 and under.

Just to drop my 2 cents in but I personally wouldn't even bother replying to this oldRepublicRevan guy. His posts on the PvP forums have been obviously redundant and huge troll bait. I mean everyone knows Operatives and Assassins have had this ability since 3.0 at least.

The only reason to start a thread about this now is cause either A.) this guy is a moron and thinks everyone should have to attack when opening from behind strictly from behind when they play a stealth class or B.) he just wanted to make some troll bait post and see how it went.

I mean hey, it's whatever you want to do as far as replying to this guy and his stupid argument, I personally just don't see any point in feeding this moron.

Edited by JargoFett

Just to drop my 2 cents in but I personally wouldn't even bother replying to this oldRepublicRevan guy. His posts on the PvP forums have been obviously redundant and huge troll bait. I mean everyone knows Operatives and Assassins have had this ability since 3.0 at least.

The only reason to start a thread about this now is cause either A.) this guy is a moron and thinks everyone should have to attack when opening from behind strictly from behind when they play a stealth class or B.) he just wanted to make some troll bait post and see how it went.

I mean hey, it's whatever you want to do as far as replying to this guy and his stupid argument, I personally just don't see any point in feeding this moron.

I have a stealth class and the 180 degree cone is bs. I think it should be fixed so that you have to be completely behind people. Not much of a challenge when you can basically cheat the mechanic by standing inside a target and, that still count as 'behind' a target.

I just want more of a challenge for my class so that only the good ones will keep playing. And then the baddies abusing that exploit will have to roll a new class.

That's all I want.

Edited by OldRepublicRevan

I bet you didn't pay attention to your cooldowns. Was probably mashing the button wondering why you can't spam attack I'll bet.

nope!

not being able to backstab when behind the target is a really annoying bug trying to do the sap volatile snipe stun backstab combo and backstab just wouldn't work kept saying that i wasn't behind the target when i was.

I have a stealth class and the 180 degree cone is bs. I think it should be fixed so that you have to be completely behind people. Not much of a challenge when you can basically cheat the mechanic by standing inside a target and, that still count as 'behind' a target.

I just want more of a challenge for my class so that only the good ones will keep playing. And then the baddies abusing that exploit will have to roll a new class.

That's all I want.

and I have no problem with that but when you phrase your beginning post with "Look at this new exploit stealth classes have!" it makes you seem like all you're attempting to do is get someone to start an argument with you over why it isn't, which you successfully did with some people it would seem. I don't mind it being fixed back to be more difficult but as multiple people have mentioned within this thread, this game just can't support something like that cause if I recall correctly, the reason they did away with that way back was because people were unable to get behind snipers without practically being on top of them if they sat in a corner or back to a node/cliff. It was ridiculous and made it darn near impossible to get off a sap cap or opener. In other words, a case of Bioware's obvious hand holding.

Another instance of why It's not an "exploit" and just Bioware hand holding noobs is what they did for the Sorc class, which is buff their abilities to the point where it's easy mode to play them. Sorcs madness, they turned into ez-mode by making DoT spec practically tab target and DoT and watch the numbers roll but also be a more survivable and viable DPS than me on my merc or Operative. They also made Sorc healing into something so easy that my 12 year old cousin can log on and after 5 minutes of me showing him how to hit the necessary buttons that he can do 2+ million heals.

So once again, this "stealth class 180 not really 180 exploit" is not an exploit. This is just another example of Bioware's hand holding of those who can't be bothered to learn how to play. The reason I originally replied harshly to your original post is because I was astounded that anyone would complain about Operatives instead of about how stupid easy sorc is compared to how it was in the past.

but I guess I shouldn't be too surprised because #NerfOperatives, right? :rak_03:

Edited by JargoFett

That's all I want.

Well, to be fair, you also want all premades to leave the game. Maybe so that you have "more of a challenge" against the baddies you're complaining about?

At least be consistent.