Healers are tanking, Tanks are dpsing, and DPS are healing. Whaaaaat ¬¬

Pazuzuh

I love the game and dont want to leave it, just like all my friends are doing. But need to admit that PVP is almost dead. Its so sad, Im crying :( . But before it happens I would like to see some classic balances: role balances.

My sorc can tank more then my PT tank (a better node guard) and my operative DPS can heal over 600k. I like Jugg tank defenses, its cool, but your PT/Sin wont survive much without a healer. Against skank tanks, you can die pretty fast. Yes, they are killing like crazy. What? Before the game is dead for real, I would like to see some classic tanks and classic heals.

Im innocent, I know, but I dream with a day when:

- Tank cant dps a sh**, survive lot more, protect more, reduce dmg from enemies, spam slows..

- Sorcs/sages heals a lot, good burst (maybe higher range), but die fast, real fast.

- Mercs/comm heals for less, but survive more, the strongest defenses of all 3.

- Op/scond become to the strongest heals (with only Dots), weak burst.

PS: can you give me +10 new pvp maps? :rolleyes:

Edited by Pazuzuh

and my operative DPS can heal over 600k

Well if we can't spread our dot's properly with carbine burst*... then we should spread our friendly heals! :p

*Worst ability in the whole game. I bet Bioware is still looking into it :rolleyes:, similar to promised buffs to snipers after those famous Orbital Wet Noodle and engineering nerfs.

Edited by Glower

Well if we can't spread our dot's properly with carbine burst*... then we should spread our friendly heals! :p

*Worst ability in the whole game. I bet Bioware is still looking into it :rolleyes:, similar to promised buffs to snipers after those famous Orbital Wet Noodle and engineering nerfs.

Leth needs dart to be spread by grenade like Virulence. It is the only way to make steadily high dps and not situational. Great heals and 1 vs 1.

As an old returnee it's depressing to see just how much the meta has shifted in the past year while I was away from the game. I see a ridiculous amount of tank Juggs/guardians and tank assassins/shadows in dps gear. They don't die and they top the damage lists. Throw in a healer and you have an invincible 2 man team.

As an old returnee it's depressing to see just how much the meta has shifted in the past year while I was away from the game. I see a ridiculous amount of tank Juggs/guardians and tank assassins/shadows in dps gear. They don't die and they top the damage lists. Throw in a healer and you have an invincible 2 man team.

Despite I main a PT Tank, I don't get the reasoning behind Tank high DPS output. Even in PvE.

PT Tank since 3.0 is the most OP spec, taking in account that there is an understanding of guarding.

No tank needs such DPS to be the most important part in the battle.

Edited by Aetideus

Despite I main a PT Tank, I don't get the reasoning behind Tank high DPS output. Even in PvE.

PT Tank since 3.0 is the most OP spec, taking in account that there is an understanding of guarding.

No tank needs such DPS to be the most important part in the battle.

In my opinion, at least since 4.0 hit, guardian/juggernaut tank >>>>>>>>>>> vanguard/powertech tank and shadow/assassin tank. The reason being that all tanks can do good damage now, but guardian/juggernaut tanks have MUCH more survivability than vanguard/powertech tanks thanks to their array of extremely powerful DCD's. In particular, in PVP endurance (not mitigation) is the name of the game, and guardians reign supreme here: with enure (endure pain), they get to have 30% more health 33% of the time (enure lasts 20 seconds and has a 60 second cooldown). That means guardians are the only tank that can boost their HP up to over 110k (I max out with enure at about 113K) for one-third of the time. In addition, we have focused defense (enraged defense) which allows us to actually benefit from getting hit by opponents as it heals us whenever we get hit by opponents. And those are just two out of the five DCD's that guardians get (7 DCD's in total if you want to count warzone medpacs and warzone adrenals).

IF mitigation ever gets fixed so that it's actually relevant and reliable for PVP (as it is for PVE), then shadow and vanguard tanks could make a comeback in the survivability department. But as it stands right now, defense/shield/absorb is considered useless for PVP, and both shadows and vanguard tanks are designed around high mitigation builds (shadows because kinetic ward increases their shield chance by 18%, and vanguards because their energy blast increases their shield absorption by 25%). The problem with shadows is that they have low damage resistance (DR) against kinetic and energy damage because of their light armor (although they do have some good DCD's such as resilience/shroud, but still not as good as guardian DCDs). And vanguards do have slightly better damage resistance (DR) than guardians, but their array of DCD's is horrendously lackluster: reactive shield is on a long cooldown (2 minutes), and adrenaline rush is really not that great of a DCD, and it's on an even longer cooldown (3 minutes). That's really all vanguards get.

That's my assessment of the tanks at least. There is really no point in playing a shadow tank or a vanguard tank, because however good you are doing you could be doing even better on a guardian tank (with the caveat being that it's easier to do damage on a vanguard tank since it has more range and less buttons to press). It's like the healing situation: sure you can play a scoundrel healer or a commando healer and perhaps do well if you are extremely good, but you would be doing much better if you just played a sage healer. The sage healer and guardian tank combination is bar none the strongest healer + tank combo in the game.

TLDR: Guardian tanks will continue to be far ahead of the other two tanks until mitigation (defense/shield/absorb) is fixed for PVP, since both vanguard and shadow tanks are designed around having high mitigation through high shield chance and high shield absorption.

Edited by Volxen