Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How is PT in 6.0?


Daniel_Nobre's Avatar


Daniel_Nobre
10.31.2019 , 06:22 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoloma View Post
It's not the pt. PT is exactly was it's supposed to be - glass canon. As dps you're not supposed to be tanking everyone, like snipers do, no. You execute your load and die. It's astonishing that devs don't realize this. I think, we either need entirely new combat system or just roll everything back to 2/3.x(with some minor balancing of course).
Agree, but dude this **** developers dont even have the ability to balance pve content so they lower ur stats to "balance" the content, how can they balance pvp.
PT is atm the worst class to pvp with and for anyone feeling that we are being crybabies just play it.

offence's Avatar


offence
10.31.2019 , 07:41 AM | #12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYpr-p9J_NM

Looking at vid this deeps without a bonus set or optimal tactical i'd say VG/PT is in top shape , im hoping to see some Tactictian action aswell not just Plasmatech so someone maybe can chip in if it performs better ?

lord-angelus's Avatar


lord-angelus
10.31.2019 , 08:10 AM | #13
I think it lost the viability for pve as well
Pyro burst is insane but sustain of the explosive fuel is really bad, and keep on mind that you don't take constant damage like in brontes and nahut every 0.2 second or so.

I think it needs a buff to the damage little bit more to be more viable

Spoloma's Avatar


Spoloma
10.31.2019 , 09:42 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Daniel_Nobre View Post
Agree, but dude this **** developers dont even have the ability to balance pve content so they lower ur stats to "balance" the content, how can they balance pvp.
PT is atm the worst class to pvp with and for anyone feeling that we are being crybabies just play it.
It's not that they don't have, they just don't want. Action like that certainly requires removal of countless abilities, set bonuses and more. Imagine, if snipers suddenly lost roll and reset abilities. There would be an outcry, forums are gonna be flooded with angry threads, cursing the developers, even though action like that will put snipers in line with pts.

I really don't get this endless quest for more dcds. By refusing to lower amount of dcds, they just create demand for more, thus we get this never ending loop.

NateCrazy's Avatar


NateCrazy
10.31.2019 , 08:24 PM | #15
PT/VG damage is great actually

its having abilities that force you into melee range and not having DCD to be able to cope with being in the thick of the battle that breaks them, this also makes them top priority targets for PVP cause they just cant stand up to any kind of pressure without optimal circumstances of a competent tank and healer on your side and average opponents.

Csjbo's Avatar


Csjbo
11.07.2019 , 10:15 AM | #16
I can only speak from a PVP perspective as I've never done anything like an OPs on my PT, but I think they're stronger than this thread gives them credit for.

Pyro PT is one of the best specs in the game when it comes to raw numbers, which was technically true in previous patches, but in 6.0, it's much easier to deal big damage because the rotation is simplified and their new ability increases their damage potential if they're getting hit (which, let's be real...is all the time). In arenas, especially tank/heals, they can decimate the other team.

PT Tanks are in a similar spot to Pyro except they're tankier.....imagine a PT tank and Pyro PT in queue.....

With regards to AP PT, they don't quite feel as bursty as they used to, but the lack of auto-crit is a blessing in disguise as I can use Energy Blast more often without fear of missing out on that crit. Their tacticals are nice, I use Flame Detonation and it gives them nice cleave potential, not as much as Pyro though.

Pyro > Tank > AP, and I do think they're better than they were before.
Shashara | Espallalda | Alvilan | Zas'arod
Jaltina | Scathach | Gamora | Ridiane

Fellow-Canadian's Avatar


Fellow-Canadian
11.12.2019 , 04:14 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by offence View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYpr-p9J_NM

Looking at vid this deeps without a bonus set or optimal tactical i'd say VG/PT is in top shape , im hoping to see some Tactictian action aswell not just Plasmatech so someone maybe can chip in if it performs better ?
I'm the guy playing in the video lol

That was early in the expansion and I've played the spec a lot more since then. Plasmatech at least is not a joke anymore in PVP. The tacticals are truly one item wonders. They give you two options for some insane on-demand damage in either single target or AOE flavour. I haven't tried any of tactic's tactical items, but at first glance, they all seemed pretty meh in comparison to plasmatech's 100% crit for 15seconds!!! or extra AOE CLEAVE on basically ALL attacks except high impact bolt. Both are brainless easy to execute and will absolutely melt faces.

Survival went up noticeably in this patch too. Power yield with the utility point taken is a really good cooldown. If you combine that with the right price set bonuses you get some pretty high uptime on 10% damage reduction.

6.0 was an improvement for the class, that's no question. Feels like plasmatech changed from a bad choice to middle of the pack DPS for PVP.
The Canadian Legacy
Check out my PVP videos on my YouTube channel.

Nemmar's Avatar


Nemmar
11.12.2019 , 10:48 AM | #18
Actually people are being a bit cynical.

Yes, PT is still a glass canon, but it is a bit less of a glass canon cause of the new defensive. Wich for a glass canon actually means you can output quite a bit more damage before dying. If you got a healer, then you are a mean killing machine.

Spoloma's Avatar


Spoloma
11.12.2019 , 03:27 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Fellow-Canadian View Post
I'm the guy playing in the video lol

That was early in the expansion and I've played the spec a lot more since then. Plasmatech at least is not a joke anymore in PVP. The tacticals are truly one item wonders. They give you two options for some insane on-demand damage in either single target or AOE flavour. I haven't tried any of tactic's tactical items, but at first glance, they all seemed pretty meh in comparison to plasmatech's 100% crit for 15seconds!!! or extra AOE CLEAVE on basically ALL attacks except high impact bolt. Both are brainless easy to execute and will absolutely melt faces.

Survival went up noticeably in this patch too. Power yield with the utility point taken is a really good cooldown. If you combine that with the right price set bonuses you get some pretty high uptime on 10% damage reduction.

6.0 was an improvement for the class, that's no question. Feels like plasmatech changed from a bad choice to middle of the pack DPS for PVP.
Dps on tactics seems lower, but still high. I like powerlode tactical, which gives 4 stacks for cell burst upon activation, combined with 1 stack whenever enemy crits at you. Speaking of gear, i like 6 set meteor brawler. 10% dmg increase with stockstrike and 10m in radius aoe feels good. Though, i seem to reach only 7 stacks out of 10, not sure why. At 7, aoe dmg is like 40k+.

A few days ago, i scored like 8.6 mil dmg on void, so i'd say vg's overall damage is pretty high

Fellow-Canadian's Avatar


Fellow-Canadian
11.13.2019 , 01:37 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoloma View Post
Dps on tactics seems lower, but still high. I like powerlode tactical, which gives 4 stacks for cell burst upon activation, combined with 1 stack whenever enemy crits at you. Speaking of gear, i like 6 set meteor brawler. 10% dmg increase with stockstrike and 10m in radius aoe feels good. Though, i seem to reach only 7 stacks out of 10, not sure why. At 7, aoe dmg is like 40k+.

A few days ago, i scored like 8.6 mil dmg on void, so i'd say vg's overall damage is pretty high
I tried tactics out without any tacticals or set pieces and I agree it seemed like the damage sucked. The burst damage wasn't as lethal as it was in 5.0. I tried pyrotech and saw the damage was noticeably better than 5.0 and never looked back.

I looked at the power load tactical being the strongest choice because the damage potential is really high if you're getting tunneled. That's IF and a big IF you get tunneled. If you don't get attacked at all then all you get basically is a free cell burst. High risk high reward basically. The plasmatech tacticals by comparison are zero risk high reward.

Is meteor brawler worth it? The 40-45k aoe seems okay but doesn't appear to crit, as far as I can tell. Does it cancel out your reactive shield when it blows? Vanguard dcds are precious, so firefall clipping your shield would not be good for pvp.
The Canadian Legacy
Check out my PVP videos on my YouTube channel.