Update 6.0

NuSeC

Yes, it was already announced on live stream...

Do yourself a favour and listen carefully what was actually said during that interview, ESPECIALLY everything that followed after the one single word "confirmed".

Confirmation my buttocks. ;)

Do yourself a favour and listen carefully what was actually said during that interview, ESPECIALLY everything that followed after the one single word "confirmed".

Confirmation my buttocks. ;)

This "under communicating" studio actually confirmed, in public, there is a 6.0 in the works... well before they are ready to disclose any juicy details. If here was no 6.0 coming, they would have just stone walled all inquiry about a 6.0.

What none of us know... yet... is any details on what 6.0 will and will-not be. So if you want to conflate your spleen all over how bad it is going to be (in the absence of any confirmation one way or the other) you are free to do so of course. Of course you risk being proven wrong with any rhetoric you heap ahead of announcements from the studio on 6.0.

As usual.. they are damned if they say anything and damned if they don't. So much cynicism in some players... yet they continue to give the studio money to access the game.

Edited by Andryah

Here is the exact language. TL-DR: Yes, it is confirmed.

Begin quote:

SWTOR Central: An expansion is coming, yes?

Eric Musco: Yes.

SWTOR Central: Confirmed. Yes? 6.0 Confirmed.

Eric Musco: Yes.

SWTOR Central: You got a date?

Eric Musco: No-

SWTOR Central: No?

Eric: [Well], yes, but we can't tell you.

SWTOR Central: Oh oh oh you do have a date!

Eric Musco: Do we have a date? Oh no. No not really (laughing)

SWTOR Central: Oh you have a date? Oh of course you have a date, you just can't tell me.

Eric Musco: To be clear, the next update after 5.9 is 5.10, not 6.0

Charles Boyd: Correct.

End quote

Now, could EA always the pull the plug and plans change? Of course, but that was, is, and will always be the case. But given they have an internal date, they announced it's Imp vs. Republic, and said "yes" to the confirmation question, it is hard to know what more people want. They are not going to get ahead of 5.10.

Dasty

Edit: I'm too lazy to find it, but Keith said somewhere that it was still undetermined whether 6.0 would be a smaller update vice a full-blown expac. The obvious issue is that the smaller updates avoid even longer content droughts (yes, I'm aware that joke writes itself). I'm paraphrasing here, but he said something to the effect that he personally prefers the smaller, but more frequent update route.

Edited by Jdast

There will be a 6.0. What it contains? Who knows. There were mentions made on various gold posts and elsewhere that they had begun wok on it. If those comments occurred close to the time work actually began, you're looking at 2019 for an expansion. 2018 will likely be much like 2017.

Will 6.0 satisfy everyone? No. Not Possible. Will it satisfy most players? Grab your magic 8 ball, it'll give as good of an answer as any.

Speculation is ridiculous at this point. Play the game as it is or decide your money is better spent elsewhere. You're never guaranteed that there will actually be a 6.0 nor that it'll even interest you. Besides, videos of the story will be on YouTube within hours of its release if you're at all curious.

There will be a 6.0. What it contains? Who knows. There were mentions made on various gold posts and elsewhere that they had begun wok on it. If those comments occurred close to the time work actually began, you're looking at 2019 for an expansion. 2018 will likely be much like 2017.

Will 6.0 satisfy everyone? No. Not Possible. Will it satisfy most players? Grab your magic 8 ball, it'll give as good of an answer as any.

Speculation is ridiculous at this point. Play the game as it is or decide your money is better spent elsewhere. You're never guaranteed that there will actually be a 6.0 nor that it'll even interest you. Besides, videos of the story will be on YouTube within hours of its release if you're at all curious.

6.0 will surely satisfy those of us left playing...because obviously we're not playing for the vast amounts of new glorious new content they develop.

• 10 months later...
At least Update 6.0 is confirmed, I don't care if I have to wait for the update as long as the updates continue to come. Hopefully the Update will really bring some nice new features. Edited by Jaymefoxx

I don't care if it is 2020 or 2021 before they release 6.0 as long as it's an actual full expansion. This non-sense of releasing 15-20 minutes of content every 6 to 8 weeks is tedious at best. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the KoT... story line, and enjoyed playing through it, but I would've preferred that it been released in one expansion rather than being dripped out. They've already said that there was a lot of things that had originally been planned, but that didn't make it into Chapters due to various reasons. So we missed out on a lot of story line, companions returning stories, etc...that were originally planned. KoT... would've made an excellent expansion (imho), but as a release done as it was, it was an incomplete, frustrating, and lacking that left most disappointed.

Again, just my humble opinion. But Musco & crew seem to be spending more time on the forums reading opinions, complaints,concerns, etc... (and props & THANK YOU guys for that!!). So maybe if there is a consensus among the players that the full expansion is the preference instead of the chapter/smaller updates, that will be taken into consideration. If not for 6.0 then hopefully after.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Devs in May 2018: There will be a 6.0.

Devs in April 2019: Official Announcement of 6.0.

Devs in December 2021: Here is 6.0! Enjoy.

Players in 2015/16/17/18: Game is dead I quit

Players in 2019: No content, I quit

Players in 2021: ???

Oh thats right, game is dead, I quit.

I'll never understand the mentality of this generation. Play the game..or don't.

Party on wayne

Who wants a major revision like the last couple?

They'll raise the level cap, which will bring new grinds (eventually since they left some things out last time until month(s) after the release) for a new gear tier, new crew skill schematics, material grade, etc.

They'll just raise the level/hps/dmg of ops/fp mobs, so you'll have to grind to get back to where you were before the expansion for doing operations/fps/etc.

Maybe they'll trickle out a little more content, a new op with 1 boss months after the release of the expansion and if they have a multi-boss operation that'll be a year+ to get all of them.

Also, based on past performance, they'll include numerous game breaking bugs that will take months to fix (or they'll just never bother to fix them)..

Players in 2015/16/17/18: Game is dead I quit

Players in 2019: No content, I quit

Players in 2021: ???

Oh thats right, game is dead, I quit.

And so they did. Many of them. Remember the server merger? Darth Malgus now has the numbers of The Red Eclipse (if at all). So all the players (I mean the amount) from The Progenitor and Tomb of Freedon Nadd have been lost since the merger. I think that this is sad. But it is definitely not a surprise.

Let's chum the forum waters with even more optimism. I think there is a reasonable chance we'll have 6.0 by end of year to try and make use of the Ep IX hype (what little is left)

Odds are we'll find out at Celebration though, so we can then put all this pointless speculation to bed.

6.0 Possible Update Features

1. All bugs will be systematically found and killed.

2. All classes will be greatly modified to perform quite differently with 6.0. This will be to not only add more balance between the classes but to also add new flavor to the gameplay which has not changed for a few years.

3. A brand new planet will be introduced! This planet will add an entirely new chapter of story complete with new villains and new companions to meet.

4. 4 new Flashpoints will be introduced alongside the new planet!

5. 2 new Ops will be introduced alongside the new planet!

6. A new SH will become available on the new planet!

7. PVPers will be able to grind a separate gear grind via PVP that is highly customizable and interchangeable with alts.

8. Two new playable races will be introduced with 6.0! To determine what races, a poll will be held on the forums where players may vote and the two races with most votes will be added to the game with 6.0!

9. A brand new engine overhaul will be taking place prior to 6.0 dropping, so the game can be fully appreciated and enjoyed by the players.

10. Two new classes will be introduced with 6.0! A poll will be held for the players on the forums to vote on 8 proposed classes, the two with the most votes will be added with 6.0.

11. The entire gearing system will be gutted and replaced with a non-RNG based gearing system that is highly customizable and fun. This new system will totally replace the newest crystal based system as well as the older Galactic Command system. This new system will also have many moving parts to it, enabling players to gear up multiple different ways through PVP as well as PVE.

Edited by Lhancelot