virulence sniper rotation and proficiencies recommendations

andytvster

Recently re'specc'ed to virulence as it seems to be a better option for pve\ops. was wondering if there was a guide or recommendation anyone had? Thanks!

Well, it's good to know both Marksman and Virulence.

When you need the burst MM is really handy.

Rotations...The defacto standard for Viru is called the "Three Cull" rotation.

Meaning...you'll get three culls in before you need to reapply DoTs.

I recommend going on parsely and taking a look there for examples.

Veldix's guide (on Dulfy) is still pretty good for the basics, but there's some adjustments you need to make due to BW instituting certain class changes.

On Virulence set up your bar as follows: 1-takedown, 2-lethal 3-cull 4-takedown 5-series of shots 6-weakening blast 7-cull 8-corrosive dart 9-corrosive grenade 10-takedowm 11-filler (typically roll or yourbasic] 12-cull. Your rotation will be thus, 8,9,6,7=open (on any new opponent, you always want to make sure they're dotted. Also, you can multi dot if the group is spread). Then you go into block one which is 1, 2, 2, 2, 3. Follow this with block 2 which is 4, 5, 6, 7. Next block 3 which is 8, 9 10, 11, 12. Go back to block 2, then block 1. Lastly will be block 4 which is similar to the opener except you add in a filler. For example you could go 10, 9, 8, 6, 7 if your energy is high (plus about 65% on a longer fight) or if you have your energy refresh up. If it's not up, and you're not in a burn phase slip your basic in to maintain energy. Then, repeat from block one. You will always have 4 GCD's between culls. In essence it's block: 4, 1, 2, 3, 2, 1 rinse/repeat.

On a boss fight I will precast my orbital, pop a laze target, precast a lethal shot. When the lethal lands my orbital will drop and I start my rotation as described above. Because this is an energy intensive start I will pop my target acquired before weakening on my opener. This carries me about 1/3 of the way into my next cull (block 1). Go through my rotation as normal until I get to my second block 2 (IE-open, 1, 2, 3, *2*, 1, 4). Just before my weakening on this 2nd block two I pop my adrenal and use my aggro drop. After this, I pop laze on cd, and try to get target aquired before a weakening. If I cannot I will use it in block 1. I will never target acquire during block 3. It's a waste.

Your target acquired renews 15 energy and your cull is slightly energy positive. On a 2.5 dummy will have to use my energy renew at about 72% and once more at about 40ish. (Of course on a boss, or trash mobs energy is less intensive as youll be moving slightly more. Use your judgememnt. Try not to let it slip below 57% unless the boss is sub 20%.) When the boss is sub 20% I don't worry about energy and on block 4 will use takedowns instead of an energy-soft filler.

That's a lot of info and if you have questions feel free to DM me. Hope it helps.

Here's a parse I did before I was I optimal gear. My crits and apm aren't the best, but it's about the rotation.if I think about it, I'll try to update my parse. Here's a parse from my GS using same rotation guidelines.

Edited by Belshoh