Seeking a character transfer refund.

ViiRiin

So today I just did a character transfer over to Star Forge, checked all my inventory and stuff and everything set up just fine, it was okay, then I did a refer a friend code afterwards and.. yep, "free complimentary character transfer.." which I didn't know was something I could get from refer a friend as a preferred.. either someone forgot to tell me or I forgot or I didn't see it on the list of rewards

Can i get a refund of my cartel coins and in place of the coins just use my free character transfer?

So today I just did a character transfer over to Star Forge, checked all my inventory and stuff and everything set up just fine, it was okay, then I did a refer a friend code afterwards and.. yep, "free complimentary character transfer.." which I didn't know was something I could get from refer a friend as a preferred.. either someone forgot to tell me or I forgot or I didn't see it on the list of rewards

Can i get a refund of my cartel coins and in place of the coins just use my free character transfer?

I doubt it, it wasn't their fault, it's user error, etc. But if you want to roll the dice, and take a chance you get a good agent, who might see it from your side, you could try emailing support at support@swtor.com , they'll probably say no, but you've nothing to lose by trying. At the very worst, you'll still have a free transfer :)

Edited by DarkTergon

I doubt it, it wasn't their fault, it's user error, etc. But if you want to roll the dice, and take a chance you get a good agent, who might see it from your side, you could try emailing support at support@swtor.com , they'll probably say no, but you've nothing to lose by trying. At the very worst, you'll still have a free transfer :)

wasn't my fault though, I didn't know referral codes gave this, if I knew I wouldn't have used cartel coins, it'd be my fault if I knew and still used the coins anyways, but that wasn't what happened.

thanks for the link though, I will use this now to try to contact support, just in case trying to contact support here to get help with this issue doesn't work.

Edited by ViiRiin

wasn't my fault though, I didn't know referral codes gave this, if I knew I wouldn't have used cartel coins, it'd be my fault if I knew and still used the coins anyways, but that wasn't what happened.

thanks for the link though, I will use this now to try to contact support, just in case trying to contact support here to get help with this issue doesn't work.

The referral code does not come into play until you let your sub run out. To my knowledge.

IMHO not knowing is your fault since this information is easily available. That specific Reward is even written bold on the Friends of Swtor page here, if you didn't read that part or forgot that's your problem and nobody elses.

So if you go to a fast food joint and buy a burger, then later that day you get a coupon in the mail for the same burger. Will you go back to the joint and ask if you can have your money back in exchange for the coupon?

Do you not see how outrageous this sounds?

To make it worse, this is publicly available information (unlike the arrival of a coupon in the mail)

You got what you paid for. That's all there is to it.

So if you go to a fast food joint and buy a burger, then later that day you get a coupon in the mail for the same burger. Will you go back to the joint and ask if you can have your money back in exchange for the coupon?

There are some consumer protections laws that guarantee that very thing.

That said, they probably don't apply here, both because (a)you don't buy character transfers, you buy Cartel Coins that can be used on transfers, specifically to avoid a lot of these sorts of laws, and (b)this is more like having the coupon already and forgetting to use it.

In a word, no. The only circumstances where you can get a refund for spent Cartel Coins is when something has gone wrong with the transaction and you have either not received the purchased item (in which case you will almost certainly be given the purchased item instead of the refund) or if you were charged more CCs than the Cartel Market showed you should have paid (in which case you will receive the difference between the advertised price and the price you paid, not a total refund).

For this situation - you bought something and then later got a coupon for a free version of what you bought - you would not qualify for a refund. However, if you want to try your luck (someone has to win the lottery), you can raise a ticket and ask for a refund, either in-game or on the EA Answers site, as a Billing question.

oh yes, I'll keep that in mind for when star forge is dead and the game shuts down, I'll use the character transfer after that :v

Well clearly you are only after replies that agree with you. Either way no one player here on the forums can help you.

The correct way is to use the link DarkTergon kindly provided for you. After that it will be up to BW. not us other players.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

There are some consumer protections laws that guarantee that very thing..

Granted I'm not a lawyer but I know of no such thing

I know of some jurisdictions that have it for sales, but not coupons or other such promotional items.

A better analogy might be that a (publicly advertised) sale ended on an item the day before you bought it, and learning of the sale after the fact, decided to try to get money back. I know of no jurisdiction that will force this.

Well clearly you are only after replies that agree with you. Either way no one player here on the forums can help you.

The correct way is to use the link DarkTergon kindly provided for you. After that it will be up to BW. not us other players.

I'm not interested in seeking replies that agree or disagree, I already knew the steps I needed to take before I made this post, I was testing the community response to such a thing and it's encouraging, for what reasons? you not need know :v