The Fan Favorite Reward is “The Party Jawa”

CourtneyWoods

Bioware is not interested in the current player base all they are interested in doing is focusing on bringing in new players.

That's all well and good if they get 500K F2P players to join the current player base, but not if the current 500K paying subscribers left, all that would mean is that Bioware would be left with 500K F2P players in stead of 500K Subscribers and 500K F2P Players.

This game is coming to an end! it failed before it launched ask any of the Beta players.

History tells us something very interesting about this:

.......*cough* _GE *cough*

(edit): BTW they are aiming at 3 millions players for F2P.

Edited by Deewe

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I see where is this going, we are seeing more and more comical/cheesy items.

I kind of assumed it would go this way when i saw the "night at the roxbury" NPCs in Hutta.

I dont mind the goofy stuff TBH, so its all good with me. Just expect to see more of this and less of the dark and gritty.

Think more "Batman and Robin" and less "Dark Knight"

Edited by kirorx

I can understand some of the gripes that some players have. But I think this is a cool small reward and I hope that they continue future contest. I also hope that they continue to improve the game and publish content at a good pace.

I presonally like the Party Jawa, I voted for it. Now, I can dance, have my holographic dancer dance, have my rythm augment droid blare some beats, and have a Jawa throw it down on the dance floor too! Which is why I voted for it. I thought that it was the best out of the 3 options. The holographic rancor was the weakest in my opinion, still cool but not Party-Jawa-cool. The carbonite freeze would also have been awesome but only for a small gag effect, in my opinion.

well, since jawas are one of my fave species in sw, i appreciate this item. however, developers must work hard to keep the game running. new sets of lvl 50 armors with new bonuses would be much better instead of such weirdo stuff. current rakata, tionese and columi sets look exactly the same except for little colour differencies which makes us look like fancy clones of each other and it's awfully boring. why not adding more diversity into the game?

it would be nice to see more mandalorian items in game, like the blue armor on mandalorian NPCs or the neo-crusader armors from kotor 2.

well, since jawas are one of my fave species in sw, i appreciate this item. however, developers must work hard to keep the game running. new sets of lvl 50 armors with new bonuses would be much better instead of such weirdo stuff. current rakata, tionese and columi sets look exactly the same except for little colour differencies which makes us look like fancy clones of each other and it's awfully boring. why not adding more diversity into the game?

it would be nice to see more mandalorian items in game, like the blue armor on mandalorian NPCs or the neo-crusader armors from kotor 2.

dude its a simple free gift to people thats it

whats all that you talked about got to do with the giving a free gift to people

Bioware is not interested in the current player base all they are interested in doing is focusing on bringing in new players.

Yeah, ok, but this particular item is a thank you to the existing players. Perhaps if they held a vote for a new vanity pet for new subscribers they wouldn't have gotten this kind of response.

I'm one of the people who voted. At the time I submitted by vote there were but 3 options.

Now, is a jawa impressive? Again, no, but the thought of a dancing, partying jawa did amuse me enough to get my vote.

^THIS

To all people hating FB: Take a frelling chill pill, people on FB do not decide on anything like future content, but one single stupid thing that will be received by subscribers when F2P launches. You are all acting like FB people decided on what operations are going to be made etc... But I fully understand your reasons for not wanting FB account (some of them, some of you are acting like it is forcing you to put all your personal info there, all it needs is a mail account, and creating new mail account is question of 5 minutes max)

To all people hating Party Jawa: While I agree that there will be lots of that on fleet in days after the release of it, it will drop significantly after a week or two, just like every vanity item. Rancor holo would be just as much spammed as Jawa. As for carbonite, I think it was just something on your ship, not that you could turn random people into carbonite blocks.As for Sith throne, isn't that something planned for Cartel Shop?

To all people saying to "move people from vanity to operations":

. People who create maps and scripts for Operations, planets, warzones, etc, are completely different people than those who create simple model of Jawa with balloons that activates one simple script. Creating Party Jawa takes about hour for designers and scripters to create. Edited by Aries_cz

BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce that “The Party Jawa” has won our Fan Favorite voting contest. Over the past month, our Facebook Fans have had the opportunity to choose a favorite item to receive as a reward when Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ launches its new Free-to-Play option this Fall. Although it was hard to pick a favorite, The Party Jawa won by an overwhelming majority! The Party Jawa celebrates a player’s status as a veteran of the galaxy with a unique and fun animation. The Party Jawa will be rewarded to current or previous subscribers as of August 1 and who are active subscribers when the Free-to-Play option launches.

Read More

That's a good joke, but, why not add all 3 into the game and allow us, the players, to choose which one we want?

I mean, from the pictures of all 3, they are already able to be added in game.

That's a good joke, but, why not add all 3 into the game and allow us, the players, to choose which one we want?

Will people like you ever be satisfied? If BW released all 3 of the items when F2P launches you'd complain about the color of the rancor.

dude its a simple free gift to people thats it

whats all that you talked about got to do with the giving a free gift to people

i prefer developers to develop useful stuff instead of such jokes, especially when their game needs a serious first aid to survive :cool: but that doesn't mean i hate the gift

I'm pretty sure they are all going to be in the game. It will just be the Jawa we get free, the rest you will have to pay for. :)

Will people like you ever be satisfied? If BW released all 3 of the items when F2P launches you'd complain about the color of the rancor.

Except, that, all 3 of the rewards are obviously already placed into the game. The Jawa is cool, but I, as a player, really wanted the rancor or maybe the carbonite block. If all 3 are already coded and made, why am I being forced into the item chosen off facebook when they could just a easily be like Hey, choose of 1 out of 3?