BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

Dovahbrah

I've said that for awhile. Hell even before they gave us Hold the Line I was saying we should get it, but a version that prevents interrupts (possibly in lieu of preventing movement impairing effects, but not necessarily).

AP half listened anyway.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the class never needed an auto-crit mechanic until the most recent crit changes. and all but like 3 specs are in need of autocrit now, so its not a unique-to-merc problem.

whereas our inability to function in a high level PvP setting is a unique-to-merc problem. the devs dont seem to want to address it head on tho

Crit matters more in pvp since crits don't compete with shield rating.

Our unload shouldn't be interruptible by snipers, when they can also throw a cc grenade when I start casting tracer missile. Especially since they already receive reduce damage from ranged attacks.

Our knockout isn't even in the same league none the less. You know, giving snipers a cast knockout and giving mercs the opposite would be a way to switch the utility of the two classes a bit.

Supposedly doing that is in discussion, and it seems most forum posters are in agreement. Honestly I think 2.0 has just been keeping what limited staff they have busy. Is that an excuse? Not an excuse really, but an explanation certainly. I'm hoping though that going forward we see a lot more little tweaks from patch to patch.

AP said that they were going to try to move towards that kind of development cycle in the future. but, words are wind. so lets see if they back it up now that the expansion is out of the way.

Yeah, that and A.P. doesn't seem to have a clue as to what classes are FOTM or OP at any given time. Just a bunch of numbers in a spreadsheet to him.

Edit: It took practically an entire forum hijacking to get the last little tweak to commandos. He hasn't the faintest idea why people are complaining. Utterly, utterly clueless.

Edited by Jherad

Yeah, that and A.P. doesn't seem to have a clue as to what classes are FOTM or OP at any given time. Just a bunch of numbers in a spreadsheet to him.

Edit: It took practically an entire forum hijacking to get the last little tweak to commandos. He hasn't the faintest idea why people are complaining. Utterly, utterly clueless.

Awww so harsh. Maybe he does know and just doesn't care.

Awww so harsh. Maybe he does know and just doesn't care.

This.

I honestly do not believe he's not aware of the numerous issues in PvP and there's no possibility he "doesn't" know. He simply doesn't care...as long as his numbers look good on paper, he's content.

This.

I honestly do not believe he's not aware of the numerous issues in PvP and there's no possibility he "doesn't" know. He simply doesn't care...as long as his numbers look good on paper, he's content.

Metrics told AP to ignore all forms of feedback but the numbers he gets from Metrics. as long as Metrics says a class is balanced, AP is happy

Edited by cashogy_reborn

Metrics told AP to ignore all forms of feedback but the numbers he gets from Metrics. as long as Metrics says a class is balanced, AP is happy

Wouldn't surprise me. Metrics has been running the show since launch. I just wish AP had the courage to stand up to Metrics and tell him he's misleading and mistaken.

I've said that for awhile. Hell even before they gave us Hold the Line I was saying we should get it, but a version that prevents interrupts (possibly in lieu of preventing movement impairing effects, but not necessarily).

AP half listened anyway.

This is what we've all been saying. But AP is suffering from a craniorectal fusion.

Again, APs buffs, nerfs, and masturbatory BS changes that supposedly fix things while doing nothing of the sort are directly correlated to his /played time on various ACs.

Again, APs buffs, nerfs, and masturbatory BS changes that supposedly fix things while doing nothing of the sort are directly correlated to his /played time on various ACs.

I can't disagree with this...it certainly seems he has a built in bias beyond what Metrics tells him.

They arent going to fix it because you people dont know how to play merc. Merc is supposed to be like a 30m Sniper without the same amount of charge up attacks. Thats how its supposed to play especialy Arsenal/Gunnery. If you dont like being a 30m sniper like class dont play merc. Its that simple... and besides 2.0 Will give them major buffs like Electro Net, Alacrity Buff, and a tree update.

They arent going to fix it because you people dont know how to play merc. Merc is supposed to be like a 30m Sniper without the same amount of charge up attacks. Thats how its supposed to play especialy Arsenal/Gunnery. If you dont like being a 30m sniper like class dont play merc. Its that simple... and besides 2.0 Will give them major buffs like Electro Net, Alacrity Buff, and a tree update.

Sorry cupcake. That troll is old and long dead at this point. 0/10. You're going to have try a lot harder.

/facepalm.

Play like a 30m sniper eh? Thanks for that.

Oh, and we're getting changes in 2.0? Goodness me, we hadn't realised.

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING PEOPLE!