Tatooine - Search and Rescue - Tone down the entrance

I have no idea if its some kind of sick joke but you put 5 or 6 elites and 2 Strong mobs in one big group at the entrance to the heroic area. Now as a Vanguard with great damage mitigation and 3 CC in the group the start was completely unmanageable.

I can say at 25 I have decent enough gear, just missing 2 relics, got 5700 HP and +36 def rating but I went down like a sack of potatoes whilst using my shield, a med pack and being healed.

Luckily we slipped past on the left hand side to find a lesser group of about 4 elites and 1/2 Strong however please tone down those mobs, your asking too much of 4 players. I have heard a few gripes about this quest on my server, its not just me Bioware.

Edited by drkside

• 3 weeks later...

I just did this quest and can confirm the difficulty is off the charts.

Even with three CCs, we were having major trouble.

I can see this being a level 50 group quests for players who have spent hours and hours playing the game, but it's a level 25 quest which asks its players to have full mastery of CC and AoE management to avoid breaking mezzes.

I haven't turned in the quest. I better get like 10 commendations for this poodoo.

Wow glad I'm not the only one who had trouble with this.

I'm level a 29 Guardian with appropriate gear and when I came up to try this with a 26 Sage, a 26 Gunslinger and a 28 Shadow, we were dumbfounded. Couldn't understand how we might be able to manage so many at once. Even with the CC, I couldn't handle all the damage coming in with 3 CDs blown.

Tried that front pull 5 times before I said **** it. Just too many of them.

• 1 month later...

Just in case anyone googles this and see this thread the quest is really not that bad at all provided you have the right CC (which goes for any Heroic 4 by and large). My guildmate and I did this with companions by playing Sage and the other a Sentinel (Seer and Watchman spec-ed respectively) with Tank and DPS pet. We were both level 29 at the time and our gear consisted of all crafted blues and no purples (to give you an idea Qyzen in full blue had 7K health).

This is how we did the fight.

Initial Pull over Bridge.

Force Armor everyone. Send Qyzen against the furthest right Duelist, Kira to follow on same target. Sage CC the furthest left Elite and Sentinel CC (droid stun) the furthest left droid. Burn down the 3 targets on the right (assuming you know what you are doing 10K health mobs should not be an issue at all).

Once done and you enter camp pick and choose your battles. The prisoners/guards groups are all spaced out and there are no wandering mobs. Choose fights you can CC. So for us we picked groups that had both elite Droids and elite bio. Qyzen goes in first. Sage CC the ranged bio, Sentinel CC the ranged droid. This effectively cuts the group in half. Rinse and repeat until all 4 prisoners are rescued.

Edited by GellonSW

Ok we duo'd this with a commando (in heal mode) and a Sentinel. Tank pet and heal pets out.

We had the same problem initially, when we tried to enter from the north side...but then we swung around to the south side and came via the bridge over the canyon.

CC as many as you can and then fight on the bridge...use your push back skill to drop them into the canyon, walk into the rest of the heroic zone and it's cake after that.

Also note....the robots suicide explode at the end, which is a huge burst damage, so make sure your melee dps get out of range.

hope that trick helps.

p.s. knocking mobs off the bridge actually kills them, so don't worry about a crazy agro train happening after)

Edited by sharkfinsix

We avoided this mob but the rest of the heroic was doable with a borderline incompetent group ("ATTACK THE GUY WITH THE TARGET ON HIS HEAD" I said several times, and nobody listened.)

Whoever designed the heroics definitely has a "difficult first mob" fetish of some kind.

The game balance favors CCs for these kinds of heroics--with one or two CCs and fast focus firing on the strongs, the mob's DPS drops fast.

Emperor Palpatine shows you how it's done (kills weaks, then strong, then elite):

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Well just tried this with all 29's. Sage, Sentinel, Gunslinger and myself (Vanguard).

I thought this fight was tough right off the bat but doable.

Unfortunately, it took 3 attempts (wipes) before the sage in the group tried long term cc.

Nobody else in the group had any long term cc.

Sage did not use Force Armor on anyone I could see (at least not me).

Poor sage got all huffy though because somehow by my tanking 5, (mind you this was pulling the 3 adds off the healer because he opened with an AoE)...it was my fault. I did pop all my cooldowns and made sure half the party got away...but they didn't bother coming back so I self rezzed back at the base.

Best I could do was keep 5 or 6 on me and hope that the DPS in the group could drop 1 or 2 of the weaker mobs. But it didn't happen.

I'm definitely coming back with a different group and set up and try some of the alternative tactics though.

Well just tried this with all 29's. Sage, Sentinel, Gunslinger and myself (Vanguard).

I thought this fight was tough right off the bat but doable.

Unfortunately, it took 3 attempts (wipes) before the sage in the group tried long term cc.

Nobody else in the group had any long term cc.

Sage did not use Force Armor on anyone I could see (at least not me).

Poor sage got all huffy though because somehow by my tanking 5, (mind you this was pulling the 3 adds off the healer because he opened with an AoE)...it was my fault. I did pop all my cooldowns and made sure half the party got away...but they didn't bother coming back so I self rezzed back at the base.

Best I could do was keep 5 or 6 on me and hope that the DPS in the group could drop 1 or 2 of the weaker mobs. But it didn't happen.

I'm definitely coming back with a different group and set up and try some of the alternative tactics though.

Slingers and Sentinels can CC mechanicals. If there were droids(as this thread seems to indicate) your Slinger and Sentinel were being idiots for not CCing them.

Umm... me and my brother 2 manned this on our first toons (vanguard and commando, with 2 comp healers). And it IS difficult not but not undoable. Lots of wipes and field rez moving past really hard groups, when you get to the captives just run in and free them all while the tanks tries to keep agro. And solo'd it on my first alt (shadow). Maybe not the conventional "kill everything in sight" approach but it's still done. So while this IS a very difficult Heroic it's not so bad if you use your brain a little. : )

As long as everyone knows what they are doing this mission isn't that hard, finished it yesterday when I was levelling with a friend and we had no problem at all on it, me being on my Jugg DPS and her on her Sorc DPS, one healer comp and one DPS comp. Never wiped even thought we had some troubles since we lacked two CC (if we would have been four players and not two) so I just think this is all about skill and class/ability knowledge, I mean we were lvl 26 and 27 in blue gear....

Further, this is easily completed solo, no matter gear or class. You used to be able to free the prisoners in combat. I believe they fixed that, but it's still rather easy. You can run around and not aggro anything to get into the base. Once there, run up and click on a prisoner before you get aggro, and then run away. Rinse, repeat. Takes a minute or two and you're done.