Stealth mechanics near Bosses

Hi all, I was running a HM FP last night and was stealthed while waiting to engage a Boss, I was further away from the Boss then one of my non-stealthed party members, but I drew the aggro of the Boss and caused a wipe. I was informed that Bosses have exceptional range for detecting stealth. Lesson learned. However, after the wipe an Assassin stealthed up far closer than I ever was and CC'd one of the adds pre-combat. Now I am a bit confused as to the stealth rules when near a FP or OPs Boss.

If anyone can fill me in I would be most grateful. Till then I will remain out of stealth near Bosses.

Thank you.

Bosses and some mobs have this stupid stealth detection that finds you faster than if you weren't stealthed. I find it pretty ridiculous that the range is GREATER than non-stealth instead of just equal, but it's to stop shadows from sprinting past a boss I guess. Edited by Mordeguy

Some mobs (not just bosses) can see through stealth (including the stealth on res). These mobs put a yellow reticule on your character and will de-stealth/aggro you about 5 seconds later. This range is usually larger than their normal aggro radius but you do get suitable warning.

Best thing to do is move back or drop stealth when you see that reticule.

Particularly annoying with the on-res stealth since you are stunned for the first few seconds and the reticule appears almost immediately.

• 3 months later...