6.0 Speculation

Arsong

While i didn't like the delay between chapter releases, i did like the general concept of the two expansions and being in charge of a faction was cool while it lasted, but i knew we would be forced back into the same old, same old war that for some reason never ends.

I personally get bored of dailies, so i tend to only do them weekly, once per week and only with a friend, if i tried doing them solo every single time, i would seriously contemplate throwing myself onto a incoming train.

I love the grind to get better gear, but having the command crates and time consumed into doing things, even once per week just feels insignificant compared to what CXP you get.

The storylines are far more interesting and fun to experience repeatedly.

What is good about this new imperial vs republic thing is the two faction specific storylines, so i finally have a reason to level 2 characters, 1 from each faction again.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here. Or well, I'd probably still play, but a lot less enthusiastically :p

The alliance plot fitted only one of my 50 characters. I could never realistically see any of my characters as the outlander, the supreme leader of a third faction. And since the game sold itself as a alt-machine game, and then got reduced to "actually everyone is the same character now", it really ruined a big part of the game for me.

You have 50 characters you total maniac?? :eek:

I don't even know that many people IRL! heh

The Alliance continues as a smaller third faction for those who wish to remain as Commander. The Commander then has the opportunity to ally the Alliance with either the Republic or the Empire, or perhaps take on a true neutral role by aiding both the Republic and the Empire at different times based on the mission objectives.

Odessen's role is expanded to include a unique player stronghold based on the planet and accessible via the Odessen base.

Odessen is also expanded to include trainers, shuttles to and from Imperial/Republic Fleet, and mission/quest-givers in the form of diplomatic envoys from both the Empire and Republic.

Vanilla companion love interests are given speaking roles and more individualised missions - or at the very least, player characters receive regular letters from vanilla love-interests.

Bring back the role and necessity of the player's personal starship and allow us to crew it with selected companions. Allow us to decorate the starship by providing hooks.

Ensure that all missions and story-lines that begin solo/story end solo/story without a requirement for forced grouping (e.g. how the Shadow of Revan was handled).

This player would like at least one future male love interest for my female characters to be honourable, well-adjusted and aesthetically pleasing; and not a traitor, a teenager with parent hang-ups, a bug-man, a walking hormone, or a pirate who has been hit with the ugly stick, which seemingly has been the norm for all previous love interests.

----------------------

At least 1 fully explorable planet

After small story on Ossus with Jedi vs. Sith i wish to see Dantooine in 6.0 as fully explorable planet. See again ruins of academy (or rebuild version), with full-battle scale fight, where we choose side and lead as General.

Not likely as it would mean that they would have to add it to all cut scenes and other content just to add a new class. I do not see that ever happening.

I concur, it will never happen, it would require them to add new cutscenes and even fix the broken crap that they have yet to fix.....aka, too much work for them to do it.

The only real problems they fix is what would affect their profit margin.

I do agree it would be better to have the full operation at launch, but with how little resources they must have I don't see it happening. I'd rather have the operation released in parts like GOTM than no new operation at all.

It's a vital interest for the game they release one full op. The bleeding out of sub would be so big if they didn't, it may be one of the final nails to the coffin of the game.

It's one thing to release a piecemeal op when you have to rush one. It's another thing to do it when you can plan ahead.

5.0 was a disaster sub wise, in part due to no new op. BW realised it far too late and tried to hastily put a new op together the best they could. Hence why we ended up with GotM the way it was. It was a piecemeal op to try to stop the bleeding out or make subs wait till it was entirely done while still lose subs until release. I guess you can see which option is better here.

It has been said during livestreams they were working on a new op so for 6.0 subs expect at least one full op. So a piecemeal op would not stop the subs leaving en masse this time. Hence why the game need at least a full op and nothing else.

I would expect 6.0 to be fairly small in terms of "expansion" however it would still be packed with content.

-1 or perhaps 2 medium sized planets which after you complete the story turn into a daily area with each having their own reputation and unique items to collect.

-2 Flashpoints tying into the main story

-A short while after 6.0 drops we would get a new operation, with the bosses following the same release pattern of GOTM (hopefully with all three difficulties this time).

This sounds about right, if you cut the content in half, with Tux's July-September release date prediction.

It's a vital interest for the game they release one full op. The bleeding out of sub would be so big if they didn't, it may be one of the final nails to the coffin of the game.

You also think the expansion needs, and I quote

- a return of expertise, the game desperately needs to have different gear for pve and pvp, as it is now it is also hurting the game.

- at least 2 pvp maps and 2 arenas.

- a better balance, we don't need useless specs and specs being absurdly good (looking at you Fury).

- at least a basic form of communication between the devs and the players so if nerf or buff there is (and there will be), we're not left wondering why it happened.

- involvement of the prominent members of each class when said nerfs/buffs are considered so we don't end up with stupidly OP or totally useless specs.

- frequent and small balance changes so we don't end up with 1 or 2 specs being utterly dominant for 6 month-1 year then useless until the next expansion.

That's a lot, but that's a minimum if the devs want to start 6.0 on an healthy basis.

The game doesn't 'need' any of that to retain subs. It's a fine pvp wishlist but it's not mandatory to save the game and neither is having the op at release.

Edited by Ardrossan

I would like to a new class for each side. like start at level 65 in there starting area where they get own ship and a couple unique companions. that way [people who want to skip kotfe can easily do so. also give us a fresh perpective of the galaxy. Edited by dewayne
adding stuff

It's one thing to release a piecemeal op when you have to rush one. It's another thing to do it when you can plan ahead.

5.0 was a disaster sub wise, in part due to no new op. BW realised it far too late and tried to hastily put a new op together the best they could. Hence why we ended up with GotM the way it was. It was a piecemeal op to try to stop the bleeding out or make subs wait till it was entirely done while still lose subs until release. I guess you can see which option is better here.

It has been said during livestreams they were working on a new op so for 6.0 subs expect at least one full op. So a piecemeal op would not stop the subs leaving en masse this time. Hence why the game need at least a full op and nothing else.

In an ideal scenario they would indeed release a complete operation. I don't like having to wait for episodic releases either, but I don't see Bioware while developing all that they are developing ATM also developing a new operation and being able to release it all in the new expansion at once. I'd be glad to be proven wrong but I am not holding my breath on that one.

Here's some of my hopes and suggestions for 6.0:

* Totally new LI companions as well as getting new romance scenes when people's LI come back from the

abyss of senselessness you sent them to.

* Let us be able to change utilities after we get into the WZ while we are waiting for the match to begin [and only than].

* Address the dsync issues that really hurt the enjoyment and fairness in WZs/Arenas.

* Greater customization of character creation and alteration after character creation [ i.e. weapon skins, so you could use the look of a weapon you like, that isn't actually the one you are using [stat wise], like you can with other gear. More ease of color coordination as well so you aren't forced to use a silly color scheme on a piece you otherwise really like].

* Stop making things drop that no one in their right mind would want and they are insta-bound so we can't sell it or

give it to someone who actually has a use for that crap.

*Give female players more LI options to replace the ones they lost when me and some others lite their traitorous

asses up while loving every minute of it because they totally deserved it.

*Allow some vanilla LIs to be LBGV's or however the hell you spell that correctly. More male force users comps for

chicks too because I often see them b*t*****g about it on the forums and I'm like a gentlemen or something.

*Totally erase the new hutt ball map and fix Dsync issues on some maps, so people can stop finding

themselves contemplating whether or not suicide may be a better option than playing that crap.

*Return PVP gear already or up bolster there so people can shut up about it and stop wasting time writing new posts that your not seeing, know of, or give a rat's a** about.

*Stop dropping green rated anything.

*Stop making comps betray or even really just piss off the player and thus make them begging for a kill

option, which I will always use because I get triggered easily and I have little to no self control.

*Let us be able to have our Comps dance for us using all the one's players can use. Essentially Lap

dancing for the purpose of getting our smut on.

*Make adaptive 9 inch stelleto heels, fishnet stockings, and garter belts [Please see above for details] as many of us really aren't much more than quasi-smart pigs and if just wearing bras and panties are ok, than why the hell not?

*Let people use decorations on their personal ships, normally I hate that 'Martha Stewart and Darth Vader go to lunch together" activities crap, but this one I think that even I wouldn't totally despise it.

* Stop using the 'class balancing' strategy you thought would make things better in 5.x but only made us smash our heads against the keyboard and punch our harddrives repeatedly and go back to your previous manner of doing so that actually took into consideration things like, everything they can do AND things they can't do at all.

*Get rid of the PVP instance and just make it so anyone can flag themselves again so I can hurt more

people please. That was awesome and I miss it and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

*Stop forcing certain companions be used in story so I won't constantly feel like impaling some jerk

off twice in a row just to make sure he didn't think the first time was just an accident. Let us choose who we want, LI's or not.

*Please let us be able to attack any pub in wzs regardless of who's team they're on. Perhaps you didn't get the memo 'All Pubs Must Die'.

*New content, story, WZ maps, and operations. Stop wasting resources on uprisings and things of that

nature that no one gives a rat's *** about any more.

* Do everything Totemdancer says.

*Please stop banning me every 4 and half minutes just because moderators have no sense of humor.

All that stuff would be great, thanks.

Ohh yeah, I almost forgot. Mercs, Snipers, and Skank Tanks. Please, for the love of God, lay off the crack pipe with them already. It's sadistic at this point, unless you are playing one I guess, than it's probably still disgusting but fun, otherwise you might as just as well raise Plasma Probe back 70% slow and stop the pretenses.

You should hire me, I can fix all this crap for you.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Not a speculation, but an expectation : please gimme "my" Zenith back! I don't care if he shouts at me, calls me names and stuff, I just want "my" best friend back.

Speculations :

- one brand new OP with a giant droid big boss ( LMAO ! )

- 2 new flashpoints

- a story that hardly makes any sense at all

- Paxton Rall

- Paxton Rall's tats as CM item

- 43 ( at least 43..) astromech droids and mounts! ( looooooool)

Not a speculation, but an expectation : please gimme "my" Zenith back! I don't care if he shouts at me, calls me names and stuff, I just want "my" best friend back.

Speculations :

- one brand new OP with a giant droid big boss ( LMAO ! )

- 2 new flashpoints

- a story that hardly makes any sense at all

- Paxton Rall

- Paxton Rall's tats as CM item

- 43 ( at least 43..) astromech droids and mounts! ( looooooool)

I think you were being overly cautious in this estimate. I can't see anything less than 50 as plausible. heh

A story that made sense, would run the risk of giving long time subscribers heart failure, best they air on the side caution on that one! ;)

*Give female players more LI options to replace the ones they lost when me and some others lite their traitorous

asses up while loving every minute of it because they totally deserved it.

I'd actually be more happy with more screentime for the possibly dead LIs (and all existing LIs for that matter) than having new ones.

That being said new ones would be nice too because having more options is always good.

It's so funny to me when I see people talk about "it's a dealbreaker" or "I will unsub if this happens" as if that matters to Bioware or the development of this game and it's direction. I'm not trying to be rude here, but frankly they do not care about who unsubs. It also makes absolutely zero difference when you tell them that an entire group of people will unsub ahead of an obviously really bad decision. If they have made the decision already, particularly about major game systems, they are going to implement it no matter what people say about it ahead of time (including if 100% of the forum posters said it would make them leave the game). Again, not trying to belittle anybody here or be rude, it's just the experience of almost 7 years around this place and seeing mass exodus after mass exodus that was called out in plenty of time to prevent it happening or change course.

Keep telling them what you want, or making suggestions. But don't hold your breath or threaten to unsub, because it has no effect on them at all. Don't pin your hopes because you're just setting yourself up for disappointment, but asking and then rolling with the game no matter how it plays out will be a better path for your sanity in the long run. Then, once it isn't enough to be worthwhile, either take a break or leave entirely. I was sad about walking away from playing SWTOR, but I find I miss it less and less every day, and coming back here and reading what is going on and coming up has done little to change that frame of mind for me.

Good luck to all. Enjoy the things there are to enjoy while you can. Once you can't, remember fondly the good times you had here.

I'd actually be more happy with more screentime for the possibly dead LIs (and all existing LIs for that matter) than having new ones.

That being said new ones would be nice too because having more options is always good.

Yo, Bioware, add this to my list of demands....I mean suggestions, and be quick about it. Thank you :)

And Gore, if you would be more happy with more screentime for the possibly dead LIs, let me know which other LIs you'd like me to kill for you. I'm not real big on scruples, so just make me a list. I'll take care of it. I aim to please, literally.

I'd like that too, for all of the LIs (bricked in the main story or not). Even if they just added more emails from LIs and a little cut scene here or there, the way they had them with the LIs in KOTFE 16, I'd appreciate it. I'd much prefer for those relationships to get screen time.

New options would be great (especially for the demographics that have been undeserved thus far) but it would be nice to see them remember and do something with the existing LIs, since so many players are so attached to them.

It's so funny to me when I see people talk about "it's a dealbreaker" or "I will unsub if this happens" as if that matters to Bioware or the development of this game and it's direction. I'm not trying to be rude here, but frankly they do not care about who unsubs. It also makes absolutely zero difference when you tell them that an entire group of people will unsub ahead of an obviously really bad decision. If they have made the decision already, particularly about major game systems, they are going to implement it no matter what people say about it ahead of time (including if 100% of the forum posters said it would make them leave the game). Again, not trying to belittle anybody here or be rude, it's just the experience of almost 7 years around this place and seeing mass exodus after mass exodus that was called out in plenty of time to prevent it happening or change course.

Keep telling them what you want, or making suggestions. But don't hold your breath or threaten to unsub, because it has no effect on them at all. Don't pin your hopes because you're just setting yourself up for disappointment, but asking and then rolling with the game no matter how it plays out will be a better path for your sanity in the long run. Then, once it isn't enough to be worthwhile, either take a break or leave entirely. I was sad about walking away from playing SWTOR, but I find I miss it less and less every day, and coming back here and reading what is going on and coming up has done little to change that frame of mind for me.

Good luck to all. Enjoy the things there are to enjoy while you can. Once you can't, remember fondly the good times you had here.

BW wouldn't even know it 100 of it's subscribers instantly combusted out of no where and blew away in the wind.

I've said the same on occassion, but I always follow that up by saying, I don't for one second think it will make a difference. I think most people realize that, I don't think anyone feels that will really given them any leverage or cause BW any concern what so ever.

But, at the same time, I do think there is some value with the idea of "Speaking with your wallet". If you are a paying customer, and you feel strongly about something I do feel it is the customers right to let the company know if they feel something was a significant enough of a reason for the customer to take their business elsewhere.

I'm against any further cross-factioning for any reason and I said so after the PVP cross faction crap that I couldn't continue to support a Star Wars game that has no inclination to the integrity of the Star Wars Universe. They don't even know I ever said that, let alone with care in the slightest bit if I blew up tomorrow.

I said it, because I feel strongly about it, and it wasn't issued as a "threat" persay, merely that, there are certain things that can cause a customer to loose faith in the provider. I don't think me saying my feelings on the matter was wrong, merely that it is something that can matter to a customer, and if something can matter to one customer and they feel strongly about it, than it's possibly some other customers might feel similarly and thus, consideration to the liklihood or a wider shared opinion on something should be entertained when making a final decision.

There is no chance whatsoever, that if they don't introduce more cross-factioning it will be because of how I feel on the matter hehe They don't even know I'm alive and wouldn't care if that stopped being the case tomorrow. :eek:

And Gore, if you would be more happy with more screentime for the possibly dead LIs, let me know which other LIs you'd like me to kill for you. I'm not real big on scruples, so just make me a list. I'll take care of it. I aim to please, literally.

There's only 1 i'd put on my personal list because :

1 - she's a class exclusive AA

and

2 - the way she behaves during that AA would clearly call for it on this particular character of mine. He'd never let someone who tries to force him do something get what they want and even less so away with their life, especially when said someone knows so much about him that they would pose a threat.

I'd like that too, for all of the LIs (bricked in the main story or not). Even if they just added more emails from LIs and a little cut scene here or there, the way they had them with the LIs in KOTFE 16, I'd appreciate it. I'd much prefer for those relationships to get screen time.

New options would be great (especially for the demographics that have been undeserved thus far) but it would be nice to see them remember and do something with the existing LIs, since so many players are so attached to them.

I'd be perfectly fine with regular mails from my character LI and a few cutscenes here and there that add to the romance actually.

And yeah a few new ones for everyone to enjoy would be nice too.

My wish list:

Remove GC, go back to 3.0 type of gearing with 3 ranks of commendations or crystals or whatever for each tier. Gear tokens drop from bosses and can be used to purchase the piece you want directly or if you don't do operations you can use a large amount of crystals with each higher tier costing a higher amount.

Have crystals earned via any activity outside operations such week FP weeklys, Heroic weekly, etc. Easier the content, less crystals or commendations you earn.

Have a warzone commendation currency that is only earned via PvP activities including ranked and unrankes WZ, GSF and Arena with Arena awarding the highest.

Have 3 separate tier of PvP gesr with expertise and as a new tier is released it's released for both PvE and PvP at the same time. The lowest tier is then allowed to be bought with credits will the top 3 still remain part of the commendation / crystal currency.

Ditch the whole alliance part once and for all and go back to Pub V Empire. Personally I would have preferred after SoR it just culminated in hunting down the sith emperor and then back to Pub vs Empire and avoided the whole alliance and zakuul story.

Finish giving out the rest of our original companions and then reduce the number of existing ones. Maybe create a way to dismiss companions permanently and allow players to. House who. Maye set a hard cap on how many companions we can have not including CM companions and then we have to form our own team under that cap to keep with us and place in our ship.

The game doesn't 'need' any of that to retain subs. It's a fine pvp wishlist but it's not mandatory to save the game and neither is having the op at release.

I never said it needed most of what I wished to retain subs. Most of it, like the comeback of expertise is to make the gearing and the end game healthier.

However, at least a complete op is kinda mandatory. Look at how subs numbers have dropped while people were waiting for GotM to be released in its entirety. Sure we don't have access to the exact numbers, but a server merger is a good indication they're not going up.

It's the same that what happened with chapters. Since you can easily just sub when everything is released, a lot of people just do that. They unsub until everything is there then resub. But the thing is, a part of those who unsubbed never resub. Even Bioware understood it was not a viable bussiness plan.

I personally am NOT a fan of all the simplification/dumbification/streamlining in the game. I think it has negative impact and reduces overall value of the gameplay. Things are made too easy, too quick. It is something everyone say they want, but in hindsight not what most people really want. Face rolling through content has no sense of achievement or accomplishment. It has made the game more an interactive "movie" than ... well ... a game.

• Dissolve the alliance and go back to unique companions for each class. I don't really care to have 50+ companions on every single character. Part of the uniqueness of each class was their crew.
  • Rework level sync - right now there is no sense of progression, some story fights are illogically broken. I think BW should either remove it or do a more tiered sync as in WoW rather than one flat out.
  • Go back to 3.0 days of gearing and remove gear from galactic command. Meaning: you get different crystals/currency at each difficulty level and additionally gear tokens. I find it absurd how most people rock full 248 without having done a single HM. PvP should have their own gear reintroduced and separated from PvE.
  • Revert levelling experience back to pre 4.0. Yes it was time consuming, but also satisfying. Right now it is too damn easy. You can level up all the way to max level without EVER changing your gear - yeah you can finish class story wearing only white trash you start the game with. And you'll be over levelled. Jesus-companions ...
  • I'd like to gear my companions and get unique companion abilities back. Remember HK-51 one shot snipe kills? I do.
  • In the same vain I think legacy datacrons was a mistake - yes it is a feature everyone say they want, but it has also all but destroyed datacron hunts, fleet datacron runs.
  • Reintroduce mechanics into story mode operations. Too many were removed and some boss fights turned into a joke (Kephess?)
  • Make our personal starship relevant again!
  • Rename "veteran" and "master" back to "hard mode" and "nightmare". Why was that ever even changed? It has caused nothing but confusion and even BW own employees seem to mistake them ALL THE BLOODY TIME.

Edited by albeva

[*]Dissolve the alliance and go back to unique companions for each class. I don't really care to have 50+ companions on every single character. Part of the uniqueness of each class was their crew.

I completely agree with you on this, sir. The Alliance has to go, it is now useless since the Zakuulan Royals are all dead ( or redeemed..) and we lost our Fleet & flagship ( Gravestone).

About companions : my IA alternates Kalyio / Vector/ Raina, so yeah, would be cool to go back to the original formula, eventually keep one or two as the replacements for the killed/rejected ones.

My JC only uses Zenith, she couldn't care less about the others, so again, if we could only keep a few comps would be great.

I personally am NOT a fan of all the simplification/dumbification/streamlining in the game. I think it has negative impact and reduces overall value of the gameplay. Things are made too easy, too quick. It is something everyone say they want, but in hindsight not what most people really want. Face rolling through content has no sense of achievement or accomplishment. It has made the game more an interactive "movie" than ... well ... a game.

I completely agree with you, and have often said that the first players to leave an MMO are the ones who complained about it being too hard or taking too much time, got their way, and now that it's too easy and too quick they got bored and left. It's a child's mentality. When you give them that toy they've been begging you to get them for Christmas or for their Birthday, they stop playing with it a few weeks later. When they use their own money that they earned to buy something, they treasure it. If there's no achievement or sense of accomplishment for the things you do in the game, it ceases to have value. This is why you'll see players (like me) wax nostalgic about character levelling when the game first came out - because it wasn't easy and it took time to do, it actually meant something to reach level cap.

The decision to dumb down content is usually a misguided attempt to pull in new players, but unfortunately it's a short-sighted, temporary solution to a larger problem with retention, and in the end, it does more harm than good. Bioware isn't the first studio in the MMO market who's made this mistake. Blizzard made the same mistake when they neutered their Battlegrounds (their version of Warzones), such as Alterac Valley, amidst player pressure to make them easier and less time consuming. For those who've played vanilla AV versus the pruned version, you can attest to the stark difference between the two. For those who haven't, the original AV was an epic 40v40 PvP match that could last for hours (I could write a page describing all the things that you could do in that BG). In the neutered version, players don't even bother PvPing each other and instead try to kill each other's General first in what essentially became a PvE race. It completely sucked the fun out of that Battleground. Years later, they've realized it was a mistake and now they are creating a vanilla server that has all the original flavor of the game before it was dumbed down in an attempt to bring back veteran players.

As for your suggestions, there's a reason why it's cheaper to tear down a dilapidated house and start over rather than trying to remodel or refurbish it. The same is true of an MMO, especially one that's being financially strangled by EA.

Edited by Mournblood

• Dissolve the alliance and go back to unique companions for each class. I don't really care to have 50+ companions on every single character. Part of the uniqueness of each class was their crew.

I agree with this point. Really 2/3s of the companions I eventually ended up with at the end of KotET were completely unattended to and ignored. Like I wasn't even bothered to try to level them or anything, I have a handful of comps that I leveled to 50 and rotated between them. Really the amount of companions we get is ridiculous, the limited number of 6 or 7 with HK and Treek as additional comps was more than enough. It really takes away the uniqueness of every single companion that way, because they basically just become interchangeable pieces of furniture or decoration. Like "oh I feel Sithy today, let me wear a Lana Beniko with this outfit" or "ooh, Arcann's complexion and robe will match perfectly with Alderaan's landscape, he'll be the perfect accessory".

Edited by Ylliarus