Nathema Conspiracy Class Cameo Bugged for LS Smuggler

Jilinna

I have played through the new flashpoint the Nathema Conspiracy, twice now on two different light side smugglers that have chosen the light side ending at the end of their class story, (becoming a republic privateer).

However when I get to the part of the flashpoint where you get confronted by the class specific cameo character who appears to betray you, I always get the dark side cameo. Master Sumalee always appears and accuses me of betraying her and being a pirate when I was loyal to the republic the entire time.

Has anyone else had this issue? Will this be fixed? I'd rather not kill Master Sumalee when I should be getting the light side cameo instead.

Edited by Jilinna

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Necroing this report to let people know that even now, this still happens. I'm not going to complete The Nathema Conspiracy on my Smuggler until this is fixed.

Thank for your reply and update.

I can confirm it is still bugged as of Oct.21st, 2018. I am still getting the wrong class story character appearing and I would like a response as to if this will affect my smugglers story flags going forward. Will this bug ever be fixed?

This affected both my smugglers who both became republic privateers and I should not have received Master Sumalee as the cameo.

Edited by Jilinna

I just played Nathema with my LS smuggler a little while ago and he didn't get Sumalee. I didn't remember the person who showed up, hence had a "meh" moment. My smuggler finished chapter 3 in early 2012.

I don't know what might trigger the wrong cameo, but it doesn't seem to be a universal bug. I don't know if this info makes it easier or more difficult to find the bug. ;)

I just played Nathema with my LS smuggler a little while ago and he didn't get Sumalee. I didn't remember the person who showed up, hence had a "meh" moment. My smuggler finished chapter 3 in early 2012.

I don't know what might trigger the wrong cameo, but it doesn't seem to be a universal bug. I don't know if this info makes it easier or more difficult to find the bug. ;)

Yeah I know people who did get the correct cameo, its supposed to be the Voidwolf's daughter.

I am glad it's not a universal bug. ;)

I finished my smuggler story I think beginning of 2013? It has been awhile lol. I would be interested to know what causes this bug. I think both of my smugglers recruited Ivory I don't know if that bugged it out?

She is my main toon, that is why I am particularly passionate about this bug. I just hope it doesn't ruin my character's story flags in future updates.

My second smuggler I finished late 2016, so I assumed he would have a gotten the correct cameo but he did not. :(

Edited by Jilinna

• 1 month later...
Necroing this report to let people know that even now, this still happens. I'm not going to complete The Nathema Conspiracy on my Smuggler until this is fixed.

Thank you! I have still been complaining about this bug on the forums and in game tickets. However, this exact situation is actually happening to my Sith Warrior, and so I keep getting

Baras in the dialogue, even though I killed him in the original story

. This is infuriating, and I also am not going to finish the quest until it is fixed. I heard there was supposed to be a recent patch that fixed this, but as of just now on December 11, 2018, my cameo for Nathema is still bugged. I did some research and allegedly it's a bug where the "flags" are incorrectly flipped between the endgame story choices. Seems like they could easily just switch it back so the next time I reset the quest (six times now I have tried) it actually works. :(

My LS gunslinger got Sumalee and I was wondering about it myself. It bugs me because I wanted to see the other one, but I'm not going to run another smuggler through the entire class story AND KOTFE/KOTET and Iokath to boot. And I know Bioware can't reset progress so you can do the story again, and even if they could, they would refuse. (And I wouldn't blame them because of all the "do it for me, just because I say so, or I unsub" demands that they would get.) Edited by HollyUSEC

• 1 month later...

Just yesterday I ran my first smuggler through The Nathema Conspiracy and .. yeah I got Sumalee. For a little bit there I thought she meant that choice at the end of Hoth where you can tell the Twi'lek woman to take over the pirates there (which I had done) but when I searched it said the end of ch. 3 choice where I know I turned the pirate fleet on the Empire. I'm rather concerned about my other smugglers now.

I also think that Sumalee getting torqued off about that *now* years after the fact is really out of character, especially as this particular smuggler chose to be a peacekeeper (didn't take the throne in KotET) and supported the Republic on Iokath. I mean, sure if you'd chosen mostly dark side for major choices then she could say it's a trend and you should be stopped.

I've run 10 other characters (2 agents, 4 inquisitors, 2 knights, 1 warrior, and 1 consular) through Nathema and they all had the correct person show up so ... yay I guess?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, 4 out 5 of my smugglers have this problem now and I'm quite certain my 5th will have it also. I'm absolutely certain I did not make a dark side choice at the end of the vanilla class quest for any of the characters.

I'll admit that I'm annoyed but not upset mostly because Nathema appears to be more of a tying up of loose ends than anything that will affect the story going forward. If it *does* affect the story in the future I will be upset.

I've been pushing a light side gunslinger through KOTFE & KOTET while waiting for all these Ossus bugs to be fixed and I'm not sure how I feel about this bug.

On the one hand, if you want (NEED) to have the complete experience it might be worth waiting for a fix. But on the other hand this hasn't felt like a story that was really written for smugglers, so maybe I should just push through and roll my eyes when I get there... like I do for all the other issues (things clipping, busted camera angles, incorrect character postures, out of character responses) left in this story that will likely never be addressed (because of player back-lash, and the hasty retreat from the chapter model and alliance commander story).

I would like for there to be opportunity for smugglers and hunters to get back to the underworld realms, and away from this faction vs. faction regurgitation, in the next expansion... or one in the future. It would feel better playing a smuggler through a story written for a smuggler (if that makes any sense?).

That's probably asking for too much from a MMO, I suppose, especially when the players eat you alive for trying to show them something besides static factions pummeling each other over the same stupid reasons. But I think back to the class stories - and they weren't perfect, but they were pretty good - and I think maybe, for this game at least, there's hope. I guess we'll have a good idea if there is this winter.

Edited by disposabletoon

I've been pushing a light side gunslinger through KOTFE & KOTET while waiting for all these Ossus bugs to be fixed and I'm not sure how I feel about this bug.

On the one hand, if you want (NEED) to have the complete experience it might be worth waiting for a fix. But on the other hand this hasn't felt like a story that was really written for smugglers, so maybe I should just push through and roll my eyes when I get there... like I do for all the other issues (things clipping, busted camera angles, incorrect character postures, out of character responses) left in this story that will likely never be addressed (because of player back-lash, and the hasty retreat from the chapter model and alliance commander story).

I would like for there to be opportunity for smugglers and hunters to get back to the underworld realms, and away from this faction vs. faction regurgitation, in the next expansion... or one in the future. It would feel better playing a smuggler through a story written for a smuggler (if that makes any sense?).

That's probably asking for too much from a MMO, I suppose, especially when the players eat you alive for trying to show them something besides static factions pummeling each other over the same stupid reasons. But I think back to the class stories - and they weren't perfect, but they were pretty good - and I think maybe, for this game at least, there's hope. I guess we'll have a good idea if there is this winter.

I honestly think that Smugglers and Bounty Hunters should have had a third, neutral faction and should not have belonged to either the Republic or the Empire. Unfortunately the writers slavishly held to the Han Solo and Boba Fett stereotypes. Also for gameplay reasons I'm sure but ehhh.

At this point in the story, our characters are no longer really the classes they started out as; we are now Alliance Commanders. I'm pretty sure the smugglers no longer get illegal goods past blockades nor do the bounty hunters get hired to chase down marks. As a faction leader (albeit a small faction) we're going to be forced to pick a side as we're no longer powerful enough to stay independent. Honestly my only hope at this point is that they allow us to completely switch from our original factions instead of this silly "double agent" thing.

At any rate, I was right, my 5th smuggler also had Sumalee appear. Every single one of my other characters had the correct character show up in that cutscene - except all of my smugglers. I am now tempted to make another smuggler and get her to the end of Corellia just to see which choices are presented to us. I know, I could watch it on YouTube but it's not the same as actually playing through it.