Bioware, you said you will take the competitive nature of arenas seriously!

Alec_Fortescue

http://i.imgur.com/TGVpNOG.jpg

This is not acceptable. And it happens every day. Then people are wondering why there are so little of them doing arenas. I can name a specific player who effectively prevented most of Republic players on my server from queuing arenas because they were affraid of being grouped with him.

And you're wondering why only 1% of players gets tier 1 rewards? Why there are so little pops? Bioware if you're to revitalize and help PvP you have to do something about enforcing some BASIC RULES.

We take the competitive nature of Arenas very seriously and we have a no tolerance policy on users who work to abuse the system.

-eric

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not acceptable. And it happens ever day. Then people are wondering why there are so little of them doing arenas. I can name a specific player who effectively prevented most of Republic players on my server from queuing arenas because they were affraid of being grouped with him.

lol....says it all. whether he is trolling or not is irrelevant. there is no gear requirement for ranked, and it is definitely biowares fault for allowing these people to join arenas...and the funny thing is that guy isn't breaking any rules

Edited by EvenHardNiner

lol....says it all. whether he is trolling or not is irrelevant. there is no gear requirement for ranked, and it is definitely biowares fault for allowing these people to join arenas...and the funny thing is that guy isn't breaking any rules

He does. It's called leeching. HE just ran to the sides and did nothing. edit the qoute pls.

what's leeching? is it against the rules? is there a link i can see? (im actually curious )

Leeching is when you join group content like this and you're not contributing. Just going afk and standing around somewhere for commendations or other rewards. That's why the poorly realized warzone kick was implemented but it's not even working lol.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Leeching is when you join group content like this and you're not contributing. Just going afk and standing around somewhere for commendations or other rewards. That's why the poorly realized warzone kick was implemented but it's not even working lol.

Yeah, the worst thing is you can't even kick the trolls from the warzones

http://i.imgur.com/JD0ahxn.jpg

This is not acceptable. And it happens ever day. Then people are wondering why there are so little of them doing arenas. I can name a specific player who effectively prevented most of Republic players on my server from queuing arenas because they were affraid of being grouped with him.

And you're wondering why only 1% of players gets tier 1 rewards? Why there are so little pops? Bioware if you're to revitalize and help PvP you have to do something about enforcing some BASIC RULES.

I'm with you on this issue. however, it's pretty funny that the mara's name, which you carefully blacked out on the character sheet, is plain as day on your target portrait. :p

Yeah... things like this is exactly why Ive not done ANY ranked and I am in Full Brut Auged! I don't want to work as hard as I have grinding out comms to be matched up with someone who clearly DOES NOT CARE!

OP has hit the nail on the head. Seeing that image just enrages me further.

BW, do something about ranked! Its not regs... let those guys get conquest points from regs and lock ranked to an expertize value no less than 1900!

What a joke... again..this is exactly why people don't play ranked. EXACTLY WHY! EXACTLY WHY!

Then you end up being in an unlucky pop-cycle with these guys to destroy your rank.

Its ridicules, fix it.

BW, either you care or you don't; how about showing us you care about ranked for once!

If no x-server, this is the LEAST you can do!

Edited by NuSeC

, it's pretty funny that the mara's name, which you carefully blacked out on the character sheet, is plain as day on your target portrait. :p

Jesus... Well, it's not naming and shaming since he is not breaking any rules. And that's the problem, Bioware does not seem to be enforcing any rules of conduct and sportsmanship for rated pvp.

http://i.imgur.com/JD0ahxn.jpg

Why did you bother to block out his name when we can see it below?:confused:

Yeah... things like this is exactly why Ive not done ANY ranked and I am in Full Brut Auged! I don't want to work as hard as I have grinding out comms to be matched up with someone who clearly DOES NOT CARE!

OP has hit the nail on the head. Seeing that image just enrages me further.

BW, do something about ranked! Its not regs... let those guys get conquest points from regs and lock ranked to an expertize value no less than 1900!

What a joke... again..this is exactly why people don't play ranked. EXACTLY WHY! EXACTLY WHY!

Then you end up being in an unlucky pop-cycle with these guys to destroy your rank.

Its ridicules, fix it.

BW, either you care or you don't; how about showing us you care about ranked for once!

Ranked is a disaster. You've got this, que syncing guilds and you have ungeared or undergeared players. You basically can only count on ranked to do one thing. The end result in you solo queueing is losing matches. To complete your daily weekly reward you result to exploiting the same system.

I don't blame guilds for actually sending in the saboteur que person. Hey Benny roll that 55 POS alt you have and queue sync with us. Run around. The fact is a gear check is needed.

lol so do you sit in fleet all day? cuz if you'd rather run regs than soloQ, I think you're naive. soloQ, even with its ridiculous flaws, is a better alternative than wasting time in regs all day. I mean...if you really want to avoid arenas, I get it. and if you CAN queue grp, I get it. but just refusing soloQ to sit in fleet and beg fruitlessly for ppl to queue grp or to romp around in regs under the misguided impression that it's somehow more balanced or something is delusional.

when soloQ pops, you should be in the Q, imo.

Edited by foxmob

Why do you keep on quoting that link without letting me to update it? On the other hand - he is not breaking any rules, right Bioware? -_-

He's not breaking any rules, that's the thing.

1. There is no gear requirement to play ranked

2. There is no skill requirement to play ranked

And again, whether he is doing it on purpose or not is irrelevant. There is no proof he is trolling unless that person says he is deliberately trolling, because if it was some 8 year old kid playing on someones account, and they got banned, it would be an unfair ban on an innocent person.

However win trading and skank healing (exploiting the matchmaking system) should be against the rules, yet they aren't really enforced.

There needs to be more characters in ranked, not less. With more people in q the trolls all get matched with and against other sub 1000s and no one else needs to see them or worry about them. Hopefully whatever bw has in mind for getting more qs (without merges or x-server... maybe x-faction solo qs?) will solve this. Edited by Savej

There needs to be more characters in ranked, not less. With more people in q the trolls all get matched with other sub 1000s and no one else needs to see them or worry about them. Hopefully whatever bw has in mind for getting more qs (without merges or x-server... maybe x-faction solo qs?) will solve this.

trolls and notorious game throwers should be excluded from playing rated games. rated pvp etiquette should be monitored by at least one person. srsly, tor made hundreds of millions and they can't hire a decent pvp team to improve the VITAL component of an mmo game?

trolls and notorious game throwers should be excluded from playing rated games. rated pvp etiquette should be monitored by at least one person. srsly, tor made hundreds of millions and they can't hire a decent pvp team to improve the VITAL component of an mmo game?

if any system requires monitoring for more than bugs and tos violations that system will not exist in any mmo.

And yet most of top sorcs and mercs are skanks.

There is no such thing as a merc skank. Seriously I did crapton of experimenting with merc hybrids post 2.0, and you can't do them. The GCDs don't line up, the ammo management is garbage, and the output is paltry. Operatives are the same way, go fullspec or go home.

Right now the only classes with "skanks" are the three tank AC, and sorcs, although honestly I consider the veng/immortal skank to be far more game breaking than the sorc one. Sine the veng hybrid is basically a full tank that can DPS.

There is no such thing as a merc skank. Seriously I did crapton of experimenting with merc hybrids post 2.0, and you can't do them. The GCDs don't line up, the ammo management is garbage, and the output is paltry. Operatives are the same way, go fullspec or go home.

Right now the only classes with "skanks" are the three tank AC, and sorcs, although honestly I consider the veng/immortal skank to be far more game breaking than the sorc one. Sine the veng hybrid is basically a full tank that can DPS.

You've much to learn.