Alderaan Crystal Formation-Pristine Adegan Crystal

Blastoramaboy

You can loot more than 4 Magenta Adegan Crystals.

First you can loot within an Operation group, so if you have 16 players with Shock Frozen Water you can have 16 Magenta Adegan Crystals ^^ (perhaps even without grouping)

Secondly you can have more than 1 Shock Frozen Water in your inventory, it's ok with 2 so I presume that there is no limit.

But when you pick up the Shock Frozen water on Hoth you have to place others you have in your cargo hold to let the transformation happen.

Then after defeating the Ghost, you can loot multiple times, and each time you will have a Shock Frozen Water transformed into a Magenta Adegan Crystal.

And since you can stack those crystals, you don't have to begin a new craft between each loot action.

Edited by a-n-i-k-i

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I had the same frustration, killing hundreds of mobs in the Black Hole and doing several times the H4 a day.

Eventually I found a +41 endurance schematic outside on a strong mob, and 2-3 days later I found again a +41 endurance schematic, it seems that there are "loot waves" in which, during a few minutes, loots are more often purple. I can't testify it but you'll have more chance if you do your farm at once without pause.

I have the +41 power one too, but I looted it on Voss WB.

And the frustration is not finished, because no one buy those crystals (only sold one endurance) :confused:

It's pink I know ...

Edited by a-n-i-k-i

Ok, someone told me tonight that they got the +41 Magenta EXP schems from a Grade 6 PvP Crafting Box (1000WZ creds). I can't be buying those right now though because I need to finish my BM set....

So we may have 3 of 4 figured out.

It may be

+41 END schems - any mob in The Black Hole

+41 PWR schems - Voss World Boss loot

+41 EXP schems - Grade 6 PVP Crafting Box

+41 CRIT schems - ???

I got mine off the GTN, but I haven't seen any up there recently. I also haven't seen anyone else advertising the crystal, so I might be the only one with both a +41 schematic and the knowledge of the alderaan crystals on my server. I keep telling people where to get the stuff when they ask me though.

Ok, someone told me tonight that they got the +41 Magenta EXP schems from a Grade 6 PvP Crafting Box (1000WZ creds). I can't be buying those right now though because I need to finish my BM set....

So we may have 3 of 4 figured out.

It may be

+41 END schems - any mob in The Black Hole

+41 PWR schems - Voss World Boss loot

+41 EXP schems - Grade 6 PVP Crafting Box

+41 CRIT schems - ???

The crit schems are also from Black Hole mobs, one of my guild members just looted it the other day.

So does the shard create the +31 or the lower/mid-level +16 crystal? According to Shaneglass, below, it makes the +16 crystal and that schematic might can drop from Infected Trapjaw? Perfect, going after that infected SOB :D I KNOW for a FACT that the magenta shard from Alderaan does NOT create the +41 crystal, I tried and the schematic says I don't have the right stone ( I have the shard crystal, but NOT the Ilum crystal that it wants)

I'm a few days late, but yes, the shard is required for all magenta crystals, including the +41 endgame crystals, which also require the crystal from the force ghost on Ilum. I'm sure this was already clarified, and I again apologize for being so late.

The crit schems are also from Black Hole mobs, one of my guild members just looted it the other day.

Cool. I'm fairly certain the +41 EXP crystal schem is going to be only PvP comms. I remember there being something in the 1.2 patch notes that said that expertise based schematics where going to be rewarded via PvP so that it remained a closed loop system.

As for the others I guess I will just have to start farming douche mobs in Black Hole for the crit schem. Maybe I'll get lucky and see a power schem drop as well.

Okay I've been doing every Black Hole daily except the Heroic for 17/21 days in a row.

Is there a specific mob that is more likely to drop the schematic or just any mob in general.

I REALLY WANT TO CRAFT MAGENTA +41.

Sincerely,

Sha'al of Obsidian Creed

I found what may be the third disputed node (I believe).

YAY! Now I don't have to go get pics.

In this image: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/swtor2012042420084493.jpg/

you get a good look. The other spawns in this area are on top of the tall rock in the left of the shot, and up that little snowy hill in front of you that is right behind the right edge of the building you are on.

Good work!

YAY! Now I don't have to go get pics.

In this image: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/swtor2012042420084493.jpg/

you get a good look. The other spawns in this area are on top of the tall rock in the left of the shot, and up that little snowy hill in front of you that is right behind the right edge of the building you are on.

Good work!

I just picked one up from the rock to the right of my character as well.

EDIT: I don't know if anyone else has noted this, but you can pick up three in a row from these three locations. I haven't picked up on the pattern yet, but today I went to the big slope off the Juran trail, then the Organa camp, then this spot next to House Thule (I think that's the house?), getting 3 within 30 minutes.

Does anyone know if the 2-hour respawn still holds? Are these spawning similar to the Rakata Energy Cubes, only one in a spot at a time? This evening I'm going to get someone to go with me to see if there are multiple nodes spawned at the same time. If so, then there has to be more spots and we're just missing them.

Edited by shaneglass
Additional text

I just picked one up from the rock to the right of my character as well.

EDIT: I don't know if anyone else has noted this, but you can pick up three in a row from these three locations. I haven't picked up on the pattern yet, but today I went to the big slope off the Juran trail, then the Organa camp, then this spot next to House Thule (I think that's the house?), getting 3 within 30 minutes.

Does anyone know if the 2-hour respawn still holds? Are these spawning similar to the Rakata Energy Cubes, only one in a spot at a time? This evening I'm going to get someone to go with me to see if there are multiple nodes spawned at the same time. If so, then there has to be more spots and we're just missing them.

The 2-hour spawn timer is per node, the three nodes are all separate. As you know each node has 2 (or 3) spawn locations, and it will never show in more than one of those spawn locations at once.

I'm planning on looking in northern Kaamos, there's tons of hills there that players (Republic, at least) have no reason to ever go to.

Edited by Telanis

The 2-hour spawn timer is per node, the three nodes are all separate. As you know each node has 2 (or 3) spawn locations, and it will never show in more than one of those spawn locations at once.

I'm planning on looking in northern Kaamos, there's tons of hills there that players (Republic, at least) have no reason to ever go to.

I've spent probably 8-12 hours scouring Alderaan looking for more nodes. I will probably look some more after work as well. On my work PC the game is virtually unplayable (5 fps anyone?) so all I've been doing is farming these nodes.

There's bound to be more nodes. Let's keep looking.

Has anyone had any luck selling the +41 magentas? I have a +41 endurance and can't move the thing. It's ridiculous that crystal prices on my server have plummeted since 1.2. I can't sell a server first for 500k!

I haven't had any luck selling either, though currently I've been targeting 750k-1m. Those willing to pay don't have the credits, and a ton of people are confusing it with the +33 version. As I get a bigger supply of the pristine crystals I will lower my price, but I was having a hard time finding them for a while.

Has anyone had any luck selling the +41 magentas? I have a +41 endurance and can't move the thing. It's ridiculous that crystal prices on my server have plummeted since 1.2. I can't sell a server first for 500k!

Well think of how many people want a pink crystal ......Your gonna have a very niche product.When can get +41 crystals for doing the world event. as well as a good variety of different colors combinations your market gets even smaller.Also no one really cares if its a server first......or even knows its a server first for that matter.

Well think of how many people want a pink crystal ......Your gonna have a very niche product.When can get +41 crystals for doing the world event. as well as a good variety of different colors combinations your market gets even smaller.Also no one really cares if its a server first......or even knows its a server first for that matter.

If you're like me, you want one of EVERYTHING. I'm really disappointed I didn't get the speeders that were phased out by 1.2, and I'm desperate to get the Taun Fawn pet that was given away at PAX :p. I did manage to get a white crystal, though it wasn't the +41 one.

Edited by Telanis

This is very true. Been trying to sell mine at around 900k for the past 2 weeks with no luck. I'll bring it down to 500,000 by the end of the week since the demand for this seems to be minimal.

This is very true. Been trying to sell mine at around 900k for the past 2 weeks with no luck. I'll bring it down to 500,000 by the end of the week since the demand for this seems to be minimal.

I had the +41 endurance made before the event, and I couldnt sell it for 500k on my server. I'm down to 300k and its still not selling. The only offer I've gotten was for 250k back when i was trying to sell it for 400k. Granted, every server is different price wise. This is just my server, which has a pretty decent population.

Speaking of which, has anybody seen the Ancient Crystal Tuning Device for the Imperials? It's on Tython for the Republic, but got no idea where to find it on the Imperial side. I've scoured most of Korriban, and Dromund Kaas is way too big!

Found it on Korriban... 176, 4

Behind the wall next to Commander Tynes.

Lord Brumsforth - sith inq

These don't cover each of the spawn points in every area, but they cover two areas.

Your best farming rotation is to log out at the South Thul House steps. Log in at the farming time, and grab that one, travel down to the peninsula via the river as the fastest route coming up on the beach at the north tip of the peninsula, and then head east off the peninsula to then head north through the zone to the ravine cliff point. Then head back to the South Thul House steps to log. As you get familiar with the route, your farming should take about 30 minutes MAX travel time from the steps back to the steps. At that point you can log or go into warzones for the next 1.5hrs and then start your farming cycle over.

Exact run I did for a few days while I was leveling. Very quick, although each spawn area seemed to have the formations spawn in one of two specific. I always found them at one or the other, strange I didn't see the other possible spawn spots.

Came across the Thul location, and the others were posted online already. This is a decent guide for those having trouble with exact spots.

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/62861/where-and-what-are-the-unusual-crystal-formations-on-alderaan

Granted it doesn't list the Thul house, but if those are up, and you walk toward the entrance they are pretty easy to see. Eventually had it down to about 11 minutes. Was able to get over 20 crystals, but there doesn't seem to be much value in them alone. They are pretty easy to grab once they are known. I traded to someone with the schematic to get the lower level version, and some discounts on saber mods. Saved enough to cover two of the advanced recipes. If you're doing that, make sure you remember that one requires 2 of the pristines per recipe.

Gave my timers and locations up before I left, sneaky imps started showing up. :D

I was afraid that it would bug out if I held more than one crystal and used the tuning device. So until I had quite a few and realized they were easy to grab I was taking 1 at a time from the fleet to the tuning device. Gave me something else to do in between spawns, was pointless though. Take as many as you want, and it just makes you wait 2 seconds or so between tunes.

In all that time I did not see the egg's once. :( Camped like crazy.