Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marauder Q&A - DPS and you.

Morgha
01.17.2012 , 06:01 PM | #221
Quote: Originally Posted by Anumetar View Post
GREAT discussion.

Question: I'm lvl 23... I've done the spec recommended by OP but am wondering if I should have taken the Carnage points before going up to Obliterate?

How would you progress this spec?
If you never want to respec, fill up rage first to force crush asap.

If you don't mind respeccing a couple times, I would recommend you take 1 point in stagger to allow you to savage kick right after charging and go up to obliterate in the rage tree. Then you can fill up the other tree points if you like until you are able to respec and grab force crush.

The charge to kick aspect is probably enough in itself to warrant at least 1 respec. It is an extremely strong combo for just 1 talent point while leveling.
Killer: 73% | Achiever: 60% | Socializer: 40% | Explorer: 27%

Sayc
01.17.2012 , 06:16 PM | #222
You don't need a point in stagger to charge -> kick.

Connecticut
01.19.2012 , 01:36 PM | #223
Can you explain how the procs work and how to generate them? Theres a mechanism that gives you 25%, 50% 75% and 100% damage modifier as well as a crit %. I just respced to Rage at lvl 36 and really like it, but Im trying to nail down the theory of how best to dps with it. When I charge, I start stacking one of the procs and when I chock, its the other one?

Thanks

Connecticut
01.20.2012 , 10:30 AM | #224
Figured it out; its the synergy between Dominate and Shockwave.

Razyr
01.21.2012 , 10:59 AM | #225
Good thread, thanks for the info.
Disclaimer: My post is not intended in any way, shape or form to be offensive or rude. I claim no responsibility if you, or anyone reading, is unable to determine due to insanity, negative chi or lack of medication, that my post is meant to spread love, sunshine, unicorns and rainbows to anyone that may be fortunate enough to read it. Thanks!

Karnyvor
01.21.2012 , 11:49 AM | #226
Quote: Originally Posted by naitee View Post
Why the rage spec is the best?
If you use Quinn, rage is decent because of the AOE DPS. However, I am not sure I would say its the best.
Support the Dragon.

Nolimit_SS
02.02.2012 , 04:43 PM | #227
Bumpity bump.

nappdogg
02.09.2012 , 05:21 PM | #228
really enjoying all the info in the post, but I haven't had the patience to look at every page. my question is, on my gear should I be leaning more towards crit or power, of course most of the gear has the strength and endurance, but I'd like to know which is needed more the crit or power (or a good balance of both)? I just hit lvl 30 and am loving the Rage tree with using Shii-Cho form. I also have artifice so I can craft the enhancements I need, just need to know which ones are best....thx in advance!
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE DARKSIDE

Flyagaric
02.12.2012 , 05:42 AM | #229
Ok..this is regarding stats for the marauder spec.

I am currently in the carnage build and have been messing about with stats.

First question i have is regarding strength versus power.
After working a few things out my calculations came to this...

5 strength gives me 1 bonus damage and 0.0335 crit.
4.34 power gives me 1 bonus damage.

Now as this crit gain from strength is so extremely small and if you have the crit rating you want..surely power is superior to strength for increased damage?
So if you had a mod, for example, with 47 str, 27 end and 7 power, surely the one with 36 str, 27 end and 27 power is an actual dps increase? (sorry but cant remember if these numbers are exact for the mods)...you lose 10 strength but gain 20 power but as above power is better for bonus damage.

Next thing is accuracy. As pretty much most of the tionese/columi/rakata gear has a lot of accuracy on, what is the accuracy level people have been coming up with to go for?
This is under the melee tab and not the force tab as some people may get confused.
The tooltip states that any accuracy over 100% reduces the targets defenses.
With full tier gear you will end up with quite a bit over the 100% accuracy so what should we be aiming for to not gimp our dps?

Finally a question regarding crit and surge.
What numbers are you guys going for unbuffed?
I have read quite a few post saying to go for approx 28% crit unbuffed and about 83% surge.

Now i know a lot of the accuracy, crit, surge etc is quite theoretical at the moment without any combat logs/parses and i cant wait myself to see what my actual dps is compared to others.
The only time i get to see what it is like is on the 4th boss of EV as all dps have the same mob to take down solo so you can compare against your other raiders.

Any thoughts or comments on this post pls leave a reply.

Sorry for the wall of text!!

Ethern
02.12.2012 , 07:57 AM | #230
Zandermill made a good guide, but he has not updated it for a while.
Go in Kiba's sticky thread until then.