Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best marauder crew skills? Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Best marauder crew skills? Discussion

bleenX
12.13.2011 , 08:36 AM | #1
Hello all marauders

so first of all i was planing to take artifice with treasure hunting and archeology. as i think it suits marauder the best.

so i want other maras opinions on this. also can i make money from it?

another thing is that i want to be bassed on pvp.

maybe it is better for me to take biochem? to make stims and such?

also i want to know what crew skills other marauders take and whats the logic behind that

thx for answers
Char name: xOOligaN
Class: SW Marauder (Annihilation)
Guild: Antimatter

Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest!

Metalizzi
12.13.2011 , 08:41 AM | #2
As i'm playing Marauder, DPS is the most imortant thing for me, that's why I'll take artifice etc. to get te most power out of my lightsabers. Armor shouldn't be such and issue with Vette as a companion (double DPS I think). I think that Juggernauts should take the heavy armor crafting skill, especially if they want to play tank, to make sure that they always have enought armor.

Then again, biochem isn't that bad because it can help question and, as you said, doing some PvP.

trmptrnick
12.13.2011 , 08:48 AM | #3
I'm going to do Archaeology and Artifacing for lightsaber stuff. Treasure Hunting for a side fun thing until I decide to do something else.
Squadron 367
Hail the Mighty OPOD (Orange Pixel Of Death)

ParalysedSpirit
12.13.2011 , 08:51 AM | #4
I'll be taking Bioanalysis, Biochem, and Diplomacy for my Sith Marauder. I need Bioanalysis and Biochem to make healing stims and Diplomacy for some extra cash.
(███████████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Fortess
12.13.2011 , 09:00 AM | #5
I am going bio chem, bio analy, and diplomacy also. Mostly because I will be on a pvp server. And if memory serves me right you can get pretty nice lightsabers from the planet commendations vendors.

Olliewilldie
12.13.2011 , 09:01 AM | #6
Haven't really researched crew skills at all! Will take one for lightsabres no doubt..... then whatever will benefit PVP the most, gotta do so reading i guess ^^

OmegaMayhem
12.13.2011 , 09:58 AM | #7
When anyone mentions Biochem, they always talk about medpacs and stims. While those are great, especially the reusable ones, what I find most interesting and useful are the powerful implants you can make.

From my experience, implants are few and far between in game.

Valeruh
12.13.2011 , 10:29 AM | #8
I was thinking of getting Cybertech, it just sounds awesome with all the bombs, earpieces and the craftable mount!
I will also pick up Scavenging and Slicing or Treasure Hunting

Draethyr
12.13.2011 , 11:05 AM | #9
In past MMOs I've usually played chosen the alchemist style skills, so am looking forward to Bioanalysis, Biochem and Diplomacy.

Will always be able to keep myself topped up with stims for raids and med packs (probably very useful while soloing as a marauder), and be able to make a considerable amount of credits by selling the excess. Sounds good.

Nymerias
12.13.2011 , 04:18 PM | #10
I'm taking Synthweaving, but only because I am playing with a close knit group so a lot of the other crafting skills will be covered for me as well. I am really picking it for the vanity purpose of being able to make the orange sets.

I see Biochem as a really strong second choice because reusable consumables is super convenient.