Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"DPS" is for wow: "DD" = Damage Dealer for SW:TOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
"DPS" is for wow: "DD" = Damage Dealer for SW:TOR

GreySquall
12.18.2011 , 11:56 AM | #1
Ok everyone, I understand that tank and healer are pretty much self explanatory...but the term "DPS" is just a little too "WoW" for me. I say we decide as a group to say "DD" = Damage Dealer. I for one don't want to feel like im just playing space age WoW, and this is one way to help make that distinction.

Support an independent era...say "DD"!! Keep this on the first page so everyone gets the word.
"Dont just do something, stand there!"

Myonin
12.18.2011 , 11:58 AM | #2
Aint only pg13 says DPS ? since they dont know what DPS actually means.
Fear not my friend, personally i always called the DD classes DD
If its weak either kill it or ignore it, anything else honors it.

AJediKnight
12.18.2011 , 11:59 AM | #3
If you say DD, I am not going to know what you are talking about.

DPS is part of the parlance. If you think it's just a WoW thing, you haven't been affiliated with the genre for long, I guess.
[][]☲☲☲[]ị::ị(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Narwan
12.18.2011 , 11:59 AM | #4
DPS = is from way before wows time, and DD is Direct damage which would confuse people if you used ii in place of dps.

Turukano
12.18.2011 , 12:02 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by GreySquall View Post
Ok everyone, I understand that tank and healer are pretty much self explanatory...but the term "DPS" is just a little too "WoW" for me. I say we decide as a group to say "DD" = Damage Dealer. I for one don't want to feel like im just playing space age WoW, and this is one way to help make that distinction.

Support an independent era...say "DD"!! Keep this on the first page so everyone gets the word.
HEY. I just got used to not calling the jedi knight the paladin. Give me a bit to change lingos.

-Matze-
12.18.2011 , 12:02 PM | #6
DD was always used in FFXI, never once in the 7 years i played that hear anyone say DPS lol. only ever heard it in wow.

Rafkin
12.18.2011 , 12:02 PM | #7
DD is a type of dps so it doesn't really work.

Unaki
12.18.2011 , 12:03 PM | #8
Just follow the community. The term Damage Dealer died when Damage Per Second became an important metric. The last game to actually use DD was FF11.
JAWA PUNTERS
Corellian Run <Republic> Raiding Guild
Official Site - Recruitment

Brodehouse
12.18.2011 , 12:04 PM | #9
Area of effect is now called zone of influence. That mortar cannon attack is crazy good ZoI.

SongstressCela
12.18.2011 , 12:04 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AJediKnight View Post
If you say DD, I am not going to know what you are talking about.

DPS is part of the parlance. If you think it's just a WoW thing, you haven't been affiliated with the genre for long, I guess.
This. Even League of Legends and other MOBA games use DPS. It isn't just an MMO thing, let alone "WoW."