Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cost of Removing Mods...

Saurakk
03.02.2012 , 01:05 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JHoltJHolt View Post
Why would I consider myself "Lucky"? You act like Bioware has done me a favor by implimenting this feature. It's part of the game, none of us are lucky....

That doesn't make any sense and that was not the point.
Don't be so defensive. We are lucky they have put this system in to allow us to re-use mods we already have on our possession.

Use any descriptive you want...I chose lucky.

It does make sense, it is a point, maybe not your point, or THE point as you like to use.

I could say quit whining and that money is easy to make in this game, but I was trying to be politically correct as is the requirement on these forums.

I will repeat, I feel we are "lucky" that we have this "feature" in this game regardless of the cost. It provides an additional gearing option.

Veluthurk
03.02.2012 , 01:05 PM | #22
I think the old paradigm of needing a money sink (or time sink) is over-rated. Games evolve. Who knows what it will be like 15 yrs from now, but I can pretty much guarantee it won't be based on this model.

...and oh yeah, I think the cost is too high for just changing a few enhancements/mods.

bandraoi
03.02.2012 , 01:21 PM | #23
They have to create some form of grind for you to keep going out and doing the same boring crap day in day out never seen a game with so many credit sinks to make up for creativity.

Since blizz are laying of some employees maybe bw can pick some up to replace some of the talentless chimps they have working for them.

Grotpar
03.02.2012 , 01:23 PM | #24
Would be fine.

If doing dailies wasn't boring as hell, and wouldn't make me want to blow my brains out with a shotgun.

FourTwent
03.02.2012 , 01:28 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Lerdoc View Post
450k is 3-4 days of CASUAL farming. Could be even less if you do more PVE then PVP daily quests. 450k in this game is nothing unless you just stand at fleet spamming chat.
I dont think you understand the term casual.

If nothing else, you think casual players are going to spend 6 hours(thats 3 days of their gameplay time) just to farm for credits when they want to level their toon or roll an alt.

FourTwent
03.02.2012 , 01:30 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravion- View Post
They could have Workbenches give lets say 50% reduction in costs removing mods also it makes workbenches useful again.
I like that idea

Kantoro
03.02.2012 , 01:35 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Lerdoc View Post
450k is 3-4 days of CASUAL farming. Could be even less if you do more PVE then PVP daily quests. 450k in this game is nothing unless you just stand at fleet spamming chat.
Umm, what part of "I have the credits" was unclear. I have millions of credits. Doing enough dailies to grind out the Longspur speeder does that. Point is, spending 500k credits on changing out mods to social gear is ridiculous.
Stupid should be painful.
Thorns shall not bar my path, I am the Thornwalker.

cbowsin
03.02.2012 , 01:40 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by terminova View Post
Some people like to look a certain way and don't like having their look change every single level.
That is fine, which is why every planet offers Mod Commendation vendors as well. There was another post here where people went through 30 levels in the same orange gear. Why bother with extracting current mods when the next planet will offer better mods, or just look for a crafter who make them. I know no one asks but if someone wanted specific hilts and enhancements I would have made them.
Yoda: I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience.

DJunior
03.02.2012 , 01:46 PM | #29
I agree. I play more casually, and it's not just this game. Making money in MMO is the most time consuming part in the long run. That's just my opinion, of course.

Here is my issue with this. How much like RL must these games be? I keep thinking that sooner or later they are going to add biils and taxes to the game as well. Somebody oughtta make a game that realizes that money is societies crutch (maybe I'm too much of an idealist?). It's not fun to attain in real life, and it's a chore in video games as well. I don't mind playing the game and earning my gear, but can we gamers, just trying to have a good time, just for once, forget about the fact that money has to be earned and spent and that this is a cycle that never ends.

Video games oughtta be a relaxing departure from the stresses of real life, not a mirror of them. Please tell me somebody out there feels my pain.

Shoogli
03.02.2012 , 01:53 PM | #30
There is the exact same discussion going on in the suggestion forum : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=333524

Commendation vendors are already a competition for crafters, so if on top of that people were allowed to remove the mods for free or cheap it would be overkill for the poor cybertechs, artificers and armstechs out there...

And as someone said earlier in this thread :

Quote: Originally Posted by Edryk View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Boldfury View Post
I agree. Many times on my server, its cheaper to just buy it from the GTN instead.
I think that's the point.
Indeed it is...
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]