Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cost of Removing Mods...

Saurakk
03.02.2012 , 12:23 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JHoltJHolt View Post
Got a new robe the other day and really liked the look of it. So I waned to pull the mods in my current robe and switch them... 19k to pull each one out. ***? Isn't that a little overkill for a casual player? I don't have enogh credits to purchase all of my ability upgrades at the trainer, buy my new speeder or send my companions on missions so i can work on my crafting skill. Now i have to pay 60-80k just to move my mods to a new piece of armor?

Granted, it's jut cosmetic... but is it really nessecary to charge so much for something that really doesn't matter?

I'm stuck with my current robe, is basically the conclusion i've come to. So I know, tough **** for me. But does anyone else find this rediculous?
I play barely 1-2 hours a day and I have more than enough money to swap as needed.

Be lucky they let you pull them out because it would probably cost more to buy new purple...or if it IS cheaper to buy new purple mods, that is your answer.

I assume they are purple because even in the low 40's my blue do not cost that much to pull out that I recall.

JHoltJHolt
03.02.2012 , 12:45 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Lerdoc View Post
450k is 3-4 days of CASUAL farming. Could be even less if you do more PVE then PVP daily quests. 450k in this game is nothing unless you just stand at fleet spamming chat.
What makes you think i should spend 3-4 days of CASUAL farming just to change my look.... ? I've got better things to do with those credits, and better things to do in 3-4 days of my life. 3-4 days means something in the real world.

Again, I understand i'm just stuck with it. But there'nothing wrong with discussing this. This is not a valid argument. those 3-4 days mean something to me, if not to anyone else.
Topper Harley - Level 50 Jedi Cousular Sage Healer

Darth Malak

Rygel
03.02.2012 , 12:47 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Lerdoc View Post
450k is 3-4 days of CASUAL farming. Could be even less if you do more PVE then PVP daily quests. 450k in this game is nothing unless you just stand at fleet spamming chat.
To me 3-4 days of casual farming seems excessive to just remove some mods to try on some armor. I couple of hours of casual farming maybe.

JHoltJHolt
03.02.2012 , 12:48 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Saurakk View Post
I play barely 1-2 hours a day and I have more than enough money to swap as needed.

Be lucky they let you pull them out because it would probably cost more to buy new purple...or if it IS cheaper to buy new purple mods, that is your answer.

I assume they are purple because even in the low 40's my blue do not cost that much to pull out that I recall.
Why would I consider myself "Lucky"? You act like Bioware has done me a favor by implimenting this feature. It's part of the game, none of us are lucky....

That doesn't make any sense and that was not the point.

Darth Malak

JHoltJHolt
03.02.2012 , 12:49 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Rygel View Post
To me 3-4 days of casual farming seems excessive to just remove some mods to try on some armor. I couple of hours of casual farming maybe.
agreed.

Darth Malak

Ravion-
03.02.2012 , 12:51 PM | #16
They could have Workbenches give lets say 50% reduction in costs removing mods also it makes workbenches useful again.

Chef_BoyRUdead
03.02.2012 , 12:52 PM | #17
1. 19k to pull each one out.
2. Purchase all of my ability upgrades at the trainer
3. Buy my new speeder
4. Send my companions on missions
5. "Work" on my crafting skill. (read: press a button and wait)

You mean you have a limit on what you can and can't afford?
And only by putting more time in will you be able to afford all those things that you want?
Why can't they just give us everything now?
Making us work for stuff is stoopid.

What a bunch of jerks!

/sarcasm

terminova
03.02.2012 , 12:53 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Rygel View Post
Do you mean "run around fighting mobs" or "see how I look"?
Quote: Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
I support...wait, which thread is this? Sorry, I'm following a lot of flame wars at the moment. Uh, oh yeah, clicking!

I support clicking!

cbowsin
03.02.2012 , 12:53 PM | #19
If you have abilities to purchase at the trainer, then you are still leveling. If you are still leveling then I wouldn't recommend bothering with pulling mods out of one item to put in another, by the next planet you'll likely find a green or blue piece that will be better than previous orange pieces. I stashed all my orange pieces in the cargo bay and by 50 I had half a bay full. Then is when you get the pieces you like the 'look' of and you'll have the funds after training is all done to mod them accordingly.
Yoda: I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience.

terminova
03.02.2012 , 01:00 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by cbowsin View Post
If you have abilities to purchase at the trainer, then you are still leveling. If you are still leveling then I wouldn't recommend bothering with pulling mods out of one item to put in another, by the next planet you'll likely find a green or blue piece that will be better than previous orange pieces. I stashed all my orange pieces in the cargo bay and by 50 I had half a bay full. Then is when you get the pieces you like the 'look' of and you'll have the funds after training is all done to mod them accordingly.
Some people like to look a certain way and don't like having their look change every single level.
Quote: Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
I support...wait, which thread is this? Sorry, I'm following a lot of flame wars at the moment. Uh, oh yeah, clicking!

I support clicking!