Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Headset Recommendation, Please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Headset Recommendation, Please

daemian
01.26.2012 , 01:31 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Marmerus View Post
A little bit more expensive than Logitech G35 but much better sound quality. So if you have the money for a G35 you could always eat noodles for two days and save up for a Sennheiser instead. Its gonna be worth the money.
Based on the price I would personally recommend Sennheiser's 350 or 360 series if you have a decent sound card or mixamp to get the most out of them. They are considerably higher impedance than most gaming headsets which means you won't be getting the full benefit and quality they're capable of with lower end onboard sound. They also take quite a while to 'burn in'. Turtle Beach or Steelseries make some nice ones that are lower impedance.

That said, I have a nice sound card and I love them. I think they're a bit fugly but they're very light and comfy (very important for gaming), sturdy, and they sound fantastic.

Just my 2 cents.

Oneiros_IV
01.26.2012 , 01:33 PM | #12
Koss ftw. Razer is mostly about "gamer" marketing.

Gereon
01.26.2012 , 01:34 PM | #13
Logitech G35

21/2/18 Carolina Parakeet

DirtyDozen
01.26.2012 , 01:36 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Blivit View Post
I use the razer carcharias, not a bad headset for the price tag. It fits and sounds great. I would also recommend not buying a real cheap headset. Most of them arenít designed to be used more than a few minutes and really start hurting your ears after 15-20 min of gameplay
I was just going to post nearly the same thing. I have the same same headset. For me comfort was important and so I went with over the ear type.
Squadron 238

davisjacobs
01.26.2012 , 01:36 PM | #15
I use the solid steel siberia v2 and they work amazing

tuckwd
01.26.2012 , 01:39 PM | #16
i have the turtle beach x12. i've owned the x31 and was very pleased with them while playing COD. pretty impressed with the x12s, however. $60 from walmart

Magnijung
01.26.2012 , 01:40 PM | #17
I use Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930. Great sound and holds charge well. It is not exactly cheap but it is a good headset.

OP, what exactly is affordable? If you looking for a gaming head set, expect to spend $50+ Basically price dictates quality. More the more expensive, the better it will be. There are few exceptions but there are very few.

XortiN
01.26.2012 , 01:44 PM | #18
Logitech G35's. Very happy with them. In other games they have worked great as well.

Heard some really good things about Corsair's Headsets. The new Vengeance 1500's are supposed to be very decent and a good price considering.

My next set I might try out the Corsair's but also happy with the Logitech's.

Sykologist
01.26.2012 , 01:45 PM | #19
$20 basic Logitech headset at Best Buy.

Hasn't failed me yet. (And is better than my $70 Sennheiser that crapped out on me)

Hemotosis
01.26.2012 , 01:48 PM | #20
i use the wireless version of the G35 logitech and have a large head and to me, the headphone band tension is too too tight and at times would leave me feeling i had a tension headache. I swapped over to a pair of sennheisers and they are much more comfortable.
From the shadows....