Serious Question for People on Laptops

MortisMortavius

Some other threads are stating people are running this game on max settings on their laptop... this game runs REALLY poorly on my laptop. So bad that I have to turn the game down to the lowest settings AND reduce the resolution to have it's native res...

I'd like to know what, exactly, is in your laptop and how the performance is. Here's my specs:

Intel i5 @ 2.67GHz

8GM RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 420M

240GB 6GB/s SSD

I would have thought the game would have played a LOT smoother. The native res is 1920 x 1080.

(I normally play this on my main PC but I'd also like to be mobile and not have to play at a lower res)

All my drivers are updated, etc... I don't run any AV or background processes that suck up resources...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My laptop is squarely below the minimum specs (beta told me regularly) and the game stuttered, but was definitely playable. Unfortunately, my laptop isn't available at the moment for me to double check my specs, but IIRC, it is below your laptop on every count (Graphics card is the one I'm least sure of, but I really couldn't see my laptop having better than that)

Not especially helpful, but I thought I'd mention it.

I currently play on this:

Intel i7 processor

Nvidia Geforce 560M 2GB

8 GB RAM

Windows 7

I played pretty good actually during beta with an average 60 FPS.

EDIT: BTW my resolution is 1600x900 I think was the max for me ingame. Or something along those lines. I also played at max settings with vsync off.

Im not bragging by any means Im just letting you know what I was able to pull with this particular laptop setup.

Edited by Thalen_Loire

I have an Asus G73 from last year, it runs on max settings when I put it 720p instead of 1080p (actually it works on 1080 but frame rates keeps really close to 30 with quite a few drops).

This notebook is a i7 Q720, 4GB ram and a 5800 series mobility card (no idea which one =P).

I approve this notebook for SWTOR =]

Mine ran the beta fine almost all the time on low settings. Tonight its lagging something fierce, and there was less than 100 people on Korriban. I think its my net though, Rogers has been screwing us over lately and I need to have a long talk with them tomorrow.

My stats are as follows (Though I'm a tech noob so who knows if its right)

I am running windows 7 (build 7600 64 bit) on my Dell studio xps

From what I can tell my processor is an Intel core i5, then on the info page about my laptop it says M430 @2.27 GHz

My Ram is 4 gb and my graphics card is a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670

I've been playing on my laptop, and it ran pretty decently during Beta testing (and on decent settings too, I think). Haven't tried playing during early access yet b/c I haven't gotten access to it yet, but I can let you know how it runs when I do.

My specs:

Intel Core i3 @ 2.53 GHz

4 gigz ram

ATI mobility radeon HD 5650

During testing I was able to (marginally) play on my core i3 lappy with integrated video. All my settings were on low of course, resolution was 1600x900 and I got oh... 15 fps or so. Having said that, I was actually able to play in a pinch when away from my much more capable desktop.

my laptop

Core i5-430m

4GB memory

ATI Radion HD-5650

runs the game find on medium settings without lag, until the GPU gets hot, in which case i just go use my cooling station set up.

only thing i can think of is lack of space on HD? or maybe a slow rpm HD. run the game at the native resolution for your GPU, if not then just run something in teh same aspect ratio.

it may just be that you have Nvidea, my laptops that have had NVidea were nothing but trouble, but a few people get along with nvidea just fine.

Some other threads are stating people are running this game on max settings on their laptop... this game runs REALLY poorly on my laptop. So bad that I have to turn the game down to the lowest settings AND reduce the resolution to have it's native res...

I'd like to know what, exactly, is in your laptop and how the performance is. Here's my specs:

Intel i5 @ 2.67GHz

8GM RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 420M

240GB 6GB/s SSD

I would have thought the game would have played a LOT smoother. The native res is 1920 x 1080.

(I normally play this on my main PC but I'd also like to be mobile and not have to play at a lower res)

All my drivers are updated, etc... I don't run any AV or background processes that suck up resources...

My lenovo 520w workstation had no issues running at max settings wile maintaining above 60FPS.

Is your memory single or multi-channel?

The other major factor is both the gt420m and i5m are focused more towards lower power consumption not preformance

The Solid state drive will have no impact on your frame rates. There only going to improve your load speeds (that and they generally tend to fail in less than a year)

Intel Dual Core P8400 @ 2.26 GHz

4 Meg RAM

Windows 7 64-bit

Geforce 9800M GTS 1GB

I ran the beta at 1280x1024, I think. All other settings were the default.

Ran smooth, no complaints.

laptop got too hot to put on the lap, however.

If it melts, I'll get a new one. :)

Intel Dual Core P8400 @ 2.26 GHz

4 Meg RAM

Windows 7 64-bit

Geforce 9800M GTS 1GB

I ran the beta at 1280x1024, I think. All other settings were the default.

Ran smooth, no complaints.

laptop got too hot to put on the lap, however.

If it melts, I'll get a new one. :)

Get a cooling pad, high temps will cause latency thus slow things down.

If you want to see how your PC or notebook will run SWTOR, go to

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx and type in SWTOR for the game name in the box and the site willt ell you if you can run it, and how well.

Interesting java applet ... it says I pass and it's dead in the middle of slow and fast ... whatever that means...

The Human eye can't really see past 60FPS so anything over that is good... other than that why does it matter really?

I mean i have a A8 Quad core 3500 with Dual Core 6750 Graphic cards i am sure ill run it over 60fps

Can't see past 60, but most people can't really tell past 30.

My friend has some weird eye thing and can see 90, but he can't see in 3d.