Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Seriously? That's it?

Raansu
10.22.2019 , 08:59 PM | #1
I get it, this game doesn't have much of a budget.....but that story only took me like 2 hours to finish, and it wasn't even that good......and I was level 75 in like 20 minutes lmao.

Spoiler

So after all that wait, we get a roughly 2 hour story expansion and all we have left afterwards is a crappy rng gear grind......Meanwhile the FFXIV expansion Shadowbringers was a phenomenal story that took me nearly 30 hours to get through.

I was hoping for more.....something to keep me around, but I refuse to tolerate an RNG grind thats worse than what we had with galactic command. I'll probably run the story one more time on the imp side and I'm out. Sad to see this game turn into what it has.

Zerileth
10.22.2019 , 09:06 PM | #2
You got new mail box icons.
7.0 Return To Kashyyyk
IGN: "Bioware sees soaring profits with new SWTOR expansion, Return to Kashyyyk."

Rolodome
10.22.2019 , 09:48 PM | #3
I was whelmed by the story. Not impressed, nor upset. Just kind of there. Moderately entertaining and engaging with some moderately interesting story threads left unresolved.

My expectations were more or less met, which were not high, nor low.

In conclusion, eh.

But seriously though. Kinda made me miss classic KOTOR. This piecemeal stuff makes it hard to keep track of the story and stay emotionally invested. I think the biggest problem I had is I just struggled to be emotionally invested, so I didn't feel any real connection to the story, resulting in the mostly neutral feeling.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

jedimasterjac
10.22.2019 , 09:50 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
I was whelmed by the story. Not impressed, nor upset. Just kind of there. Moderately entertaining and engaging with some moderately interesting story threads left unresolved.

My expectations were more or less met, which were not high, nor low.

In conclusion, eh.

But seriously though. Kinda made me miss classic KOTOR. This piecemeal stuff makes it hard to keep track of the story and stay emotionally invested. I think the biggest problem I had is I just struggled to be emotionally invested, so I didn't feel any real connection to the story, resulting in the mostly neutral feeling.
I was pleasantly surprised in some ways, disappointed in others.

I at least love the direction they're going in, narratively. I just wish they hadn't invested so much into the KOTFE/ET direction.
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.

Rolodome
10.22.2019 , 09:57 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterjac View Post

I at least love the direction they're going in, narratively. I just wish they hadn't invested so much into the KOTFE/ET direction.
I can agree with that. I think there are some cool ideas they're exploring and I appreciate the attention to detail. But yeah, the best way I can think to describe it w/ regards to KOTFE/ET is that the KOTFE/ET arc gutted a lot of things and I think made the galaxy feel more empty in some ways.

I also just find it bothersome that if I want a character to be caught up, I have to either take them through all of the KOTFE/ET arc and Ossus, or I have to skip, which means potentially losing choices I'd like to have made. So it leaves me in this limbo state with a lot of characters and I only have two atm, one rep and one imp, who are past Ossus. But that's not a problem I have with Onslaught itself. That's just a problem I have with the overall arc and the options for getting a character up to date.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

Raansu
10.22.2019 , 09:57 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterjac View Post

The direction is fine, I'm happy with them going back to imp vs rep, but there's just sooooo little there. It really shows that they really don't have much of a budget anymore and this was EA throwing the team a bone.

Bozzzocker
10.22.2019 , 10:29 PM | #7
I am kinda mad about the short story. How long do we need to wait for the new one? 1-2 years?

And why does no one even care about the former emperor Arcann. We need a story where we would utilize all of our companions of some sort.

Paulsutherland
10.22.2019 , 10:59 PM | #8
Short but that was a pretty good story.

merovejec
10.22.2019 , 11:00 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerileth View Post
You got new mail box icons.
heh
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

merovejec
10.22.2019 , 11:04 PM | #10
It will be harder and harder with the story. I mean games like Final Fantasy have it easy as its always a completely new story where they can expand onthings. Yet Star Wars has many fixed aspects so they need to be creative here. There are always limits or rules to the story so in the end it feels just not good at all.

We have heard sooo many stories already from the SW universe in other other games, comics etc so there is little they can actually come up with. We have seen things like star forge which quickly produces fleets, planet killers, all kinds of weapons, cults etc. So they must really be running out of ideas and they introduce the story just to keep the people subbed (thats logical).

Yes, what is left to do is the typical MMO stuff, grind gear, get achievements, fill in the gaps.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015