Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Crafting Mats tab is underwhelming

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New Crafting Mats tab is underwhelming

Zerileth
10.22.2019 , 03:05 PM | #21
To the folks that want more storage, it was going to be awesome almost no matter what Bioware did as long as they gave them a separate area to place the materials.

For me, it's ok. It's good for more storage. It needs sorting options. I don't want to have to scroll down a huge list to find the materials I have too much of and should sell off, or too few without looking at the the crafting tab.

It will take some getting used to. Maybe in the future they could offer sorting options. Not the best implementation, not the worst.

Again, for those that simply want more storage, it was great before they even created it.
7.0 Return To Kashyyyk
IGN: "Bioware sees soaring profits with new SWTOR expansion, Return to Kashyyyk."

LadyRoyalport
10.22.2019 , 03:14 PM | #22
I'm going to be a nay sayer here. It wasn't done well at all. It's contrived and confusing, especially for someone like me who has OCD. My brain can't see any usable organization to it. It's as though they just put a box out for stuff to be dumped into any old way. I had anticipated to see it like this:

1) It would be a storage item set up exactly like a Cargo Hold or Legacy Storage, with tabs at the bottom for each crafting discipline clearly labeled: Artifice, Armstech, Armormech, etc.

2) As you gathered for any of the disciplines the mats would automatically be sent to the proper tab upon accepting the reward.

3) The tabs would be user friendly to allow you to set up the mats inside of it in an order that works for YOU.

4) Items received from Companion missions for Underworld, Investigation, Slicing, Diplomacy, etc, would automatically go into the tab for the discipline it was set up for. Since a few of the crafting disciplines use some of the same items, you could arrange which tab you want it to go to. Again it would be user friendly to allow for self customization.

5) The storage facility would be the same size as a fully unlocked Cargo or Legacy hold with six tabs, 80 slots per tab.

THIS is what I expected, what I had envisioned, not an empty junk box. I do not intend to use it. I'll just purchase an additional tab for my Cargo and Legacy Holds and keep my brain happy with my current organization. Sorry people, but I had expected so much better than what we got.
The 'Lynn Lady
Find me on Twitter: @swtormamalynne

phalczen
10.22.2019 , 03:16 PM | #23
I would like a “collapse all”/“expand all” toggle button to close all the category trees.
I think just having the interface is a big step. I had the mat window open, and it stored everything as I right clicked on each stack in cargo and legacy, it was a little bit of work but not terrible.
I wouldn’t mind sorting options.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

DarthSpuds
10.22.2019 , 03:21 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by HoloTweed View Post
But wait - IT GETS WORSE.

Yes, mats are listed under crafting type... but you have no option how to display them. Instead of the natural way, by Level and Rarity, they are instead... displayed ALPHABETICALLY. So if you want to know how many you have of the Level 8 blue mat, you better remember what it's called.
Yeah, its as awful and out-dated as the baseline ESO Inventory Tab.
There's no excuse for the laziness, lack of effort, and cheapness that went into this.

I'll be leaving ALL my mats right where they are, because at least that is functional.

All The Best

JoeeyyMagzz
10.22.2019 , 03:23 PM | #25
Except it was NOT done well. It wasn't thought through. It's half-baked. There isn't even personal preference involved... the clunky way that mats are put in the tab and the complete lack of display options makes the new Mats Tab underwhelming and badly implemented. Glad you are satisfied with a "Less Than" result. So YOU can move on, but those not satisfied with the result will make that point known.
I like the new mats window, it doesn't feel clunky at all to me. That's literally a personal preference.

Did you test the expansion on the PTS? If yes, then why didn't you comment on this during play testing? If no, then why didn't you test? They implemented TONS of feedback from PTS testing, they really do listen to the players.

It's hard to empathize with someone when that person is telling the people that disagree with them that their opinion is irrelevant. You didn't even do it to just one person, but three separate people.

DarthSpuds
10.22.2019 , 03:25 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
It was done well.
It really wasn't.

It's as bad as ESO baseline, non-modded, inventory - and that was out-of-date and shamefully without function by the gaming standards of a decade ago.

All The Best

Nightblazer
10.22.2019 , 03:28 PM | #27
Except it was NOT done well. It wasn't thought through. It's half-baked. There isn't even personal preference involved... the clunky way that mats are put in the tab and the complete lack of display options makes the new Mats Tab underwhelming and badly implemented. Glad you are satisfied with a "Less Than" result. So YOU can move on, but those not satisfied with the result will make that point known.
That's your personal opinion nothing more. Again some may agree, many seem to not agree with you. I have no issues with it.

Also in regards to Bioware not moving mats for you. What if someone didn't want them moved for them. How do you set which mats are moved? You can control what quality is moved and what quality is not. Do they do all green and below? What if others don't want that. What if some want just blue and lower, what if some want purple and lower? They should just assume which ones to move and done move? No they shouldn't and not moving any and letting players have the choice of what mat quality to move and which ones to not move is up to them. Not Bioware or you to decide for everyone else.
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

RameiArashi
10.22.2019 , 03:35 PM | #28
My problem with the new system is that old quests don't look there. So C2-N2's comfort quest shows you have no materials. I would guess that Dr. Lokin is the same way. I had to take them back out of the new crafting location.

Rolodome
10.22.2019 , 04:28 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
It was done well.
Can't be done that well that the expansion has been out for only a few hours and you're already so bored, you're on the forums defending minor features of it.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

HoloTweed
10.22.2019 , 04:30 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by JoeeyyMagzz View Post
I like the new mats window, it doesn't feel clunky at all to me. That's literally a personal preference.

Did you test the expansion on the PTS? If yes, then why didn't you comment on this during play testing? If no, then why didn't you test? They implemented TONS of feedback from PTS testing, they really do listen to the players.

It's hard to empathize with someone when that person is telling the people that disagree with them that their opinion is irrelevant. You didn't even do it to just one person, but three separate people.

Not every one has the time to test on PTS, so you don't get to use a "if you didn't test it, you can't complain" excuse. In fact, MOST players didn't test it. That doesn't invalidate their conclusions as to what 6.0 has delivered.

I haven't told anyone that their opinions are irrelevant... it's that they are misplaced. The crafting mats tab IS half-baked, it's NOT well-done. There really can be no argument with that. By simple explanation of how lacking in features it is, including display sorting, it's demonstrated that it's NOT well-done.

Those who wanted to argue the point (some just for the same of arguing) can really only say "I don't MIND that it's half-done, that's enough for me" - instead, they chose to belittle me and my point by being insulting (as have you). <shrug>

The others now showing up agreeing that this is an incomplete solution merely prove my conclusion. I'm happy that some of you are satisfied with what we got. But trying to argue with the rest of us who find it underwhelming and buttoning those arguments with insults doesn't make your case... or paint you in a positive light.