Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rydarus' 4.0+ Vigilance/Vengeance Guide on Dulfy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Rydarus' 4.0+ Vigilance/Vengeance Guide on Dulfy

GrandLordMenace
01.06.2015 , 03:49 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvai View Post
Maybe it's a dumb question, but has anybody tried to not stack acc at all but go all surge and fight in soresu, since it gives the 10% you need? I mean, basically, you don't need shien for anything in that spec, except for unremmiting. Could it be possible that the more surge and/or alac on gear makes up for the 16% dmg loss on the stance?(10%less for soresu and no 6% gain from shien)
You have extremely high threat so it's not "viable" for a raid, and honestly in PVP I'd rather run actual tank spec with DPS gear.
Rydarus Veneris the Revanchist, Beater #fedaracarrychist
Vigilance Guardian guide on Dulfy! Like my guide? Support my Referral Link!
Last Guardian DPS because dead game

Torvai
01.06.2015 , 04:22 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandLordMenace View Post
You have extremely high threat so it's not "viable" for a raid, and honestly in PVP I'd rather run actual tank spec with DPS gear.
Yeah I know. i just imagined a 5k parse with 100% additional threat
I wouldn't want to tank something like that myself

But what I meant is vigilance specced, dps gear without accuracy and soresu instead of shien stance. Would it be a dps gain or loss?
Because you gain dps for more surge or alac but loose dps because of the "wrong" stance.
Question is, what would outweight the other?
I'm talking strictly dps, not threat, survivabilyty or whatnot.

GrandLordMenace
01.06.2015 , 04:56 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvai View Post
Yeah I know. i just imagined a 5k parse with 100% additional threat
I wouldn't want to tank something like that myself

But what I meant is vigilance specced, dps gear without accuracy and soresu instead of shien stance. Would it be a dps gain or loss?
Because you gain dps for more surge or alac but loose dps because of the "wrong" stance.
Question is, what would outweight the other?
I'm talking strictly dps, not threat, survivabilyty or whatnot.
The way I see it, using dumb brain **** math accuracy is a flat DPS gain, as such you are gaining 10% DPS but losing 20, at a maximum of 100. You do gain surge, but you're also losing quite a bit of focus generation. I think it's honestly probably worse by quite a bit.

Torvai
01.07.2015 , 01:17 AM | #44
Well thanks for your time to answer this dumb question. I was just curious

On a more serious note, just for fun I dummy parsed with my guardian tank yesterday(tank spec, gear and soresu). And I noticed that, although i got 101/111% acc, i missed quite alot of strikes, everything else hit all the time. Any idea where that comes from?
Is it just that basic attacks are pure melee(so just a base acc of 90+10% from stance) and everything else is "special melee"(noticed this while I checked my character screen, so base of 100+10% from stance)?
Edit: Another dumb question: I normally play tank with my guardian, but is a ~3.7k parse in mostly bad 180/186 gear acceptable?
Note: no adrenals, hp module and raiddebuffs on the dummy, simply parsed for ~10mins

GrandLordMenace
01.20.2015 , 02:42 AM | #45
Updated.

GrandLordMenace
02.04.2015 , 12:30 PM | #46
Updated

uriaces
02.05.2015 , 09:52 PM | #47
Nice guide maaate ! After 5 months i am back on the game since monday. I am curently near full 192 for armoring MH and Second hand, i need relics and ear but it's not bad. I like the new aoe its so sweets on big mob packs !
Kishekzun Guardian

<IMPERIUM> Mantle of the force
Twitch : http://www.twitch.tv/kishekzun

GrandLordMenace
02.06.2015 , 10:56 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by uriaces View Post
Nice guide maaate ! After 5 months i am back on the game since monday. I am curently near full 192 for armoring MH and Second hand, i need relics and ear but it's not bad. I like the new aoe its so sweets on big mob packs !
Yeah Vig AOE is like old Focus AOE xD

Let me know what you parse, right now I seem to be slightly more geared than you and am running full 192 minus pants, a few mods and enhs, and relics.

MBloomberg
02.12.2015 , 06:28 PM | #49
not sure if it is where i am located, or my rng just sucks, But in all Revanite (left side), and 4pc 192 + 2 pc 198 and 192 MH, i am only hitting 4500 on a 1mill dummy, so im not the happeist camper with my parse numbers, but in ops, im 2nd highest behind our anni mara and sometimes top dps, so i cant complain to much, interested to see where i will be when we kill cora, and revan HM, currently 8/10 hm tos/rav and working on cora right now, though on kills i have been over 4k on first 8 in those 2 ops

say what you will about reflect on Bulo and Torque though
Maalacharizard The Guardian/Juggernaut Revanchist
10/10 HM Tos/Rav
<The Last Dark Reapers>

Luckygunslinger
02.20.2015 , 08:38 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by MBloomberg View Post
not sure if it is where i am located, or my rng just sucks, But in all Revanite (left side), and 4pc 192 + 2 pc 198 and 192 MH, i am only hitting 4500 on a 1mill dummy, so im not the happeist camper with my parse numbers, but in ops, im 2nd highest behind our anni mara and sometimes top dps, so i cant complain to much, interested to see where i will be when we kill cora, and revan HM, currently 8/10 hm tos/rav and working on cora right now, though on kills i have been over 4k on first 8 in those 2 ops

say what you will about reflect on Bulo and Torque though
Full Revanite Left Side, 6 piece, 192 MH and I assume a 198 MH. IMO you should be pulling like 4750 in that gear. My Guardian has a 198 offhand armoring, 192 mainhand, rest is dread master or Dread forged, no Resurrected since I tank and Ruusan relics and he's pulling about a 4350 to 4400 on the 1 mil. So I think you have places you can improve on.

Artorias
5/5 HM Rav - Revanchist - HM ToS 5/5
Rage - Immortal - Guides - Defense - Focus