Smug/IA Energy Regen Bug

pipda

With all the uproar from Cunning using community I thought I would toss this nugget in.

There is a bug with your Energy regen, a pretty big one that hurts a lot. This affects the Smuggler and IA, no matter your AC.

This isn't breaking news and has been brought up before but I figure in light of raging about nerfs lets rage about bugs too. The developers are now taking the time to nerf two ACs before they ever even had them working right in the first place. Snipers, Gunslingers, they still don't have your cover ability working 100% and this issue affects you as well.

How does that make you feel, they nerf you before they fixed you? BW just Dirty Kicked you in the nuts.

The issue is at 3 Arrows you only get 3 energy per second, the same EpS (Energy Per Second) you get at 2 arrows. At four Arrows of course you get your 5 EpS, chart below to demonstrate

T1 60 - 100 Energy (<<<<) = 5 EpS

T2 40 - 59 Energy (<<<) = 3 EpS

T3 20 - 39 Energy (<<) = 3 EpS

T4 0 - 19 Energy (<) = 2 EpS

With T2 = 3 EPS it takes you 34 seconds to go from 0-100 energy.

With T2 = 4 EPS it takes you 32 seconds to go from 0-100 energy.

*Testing was with out Stim Boost or any other +Regen Talents

The portion I highlighted in "peeing blood" Red is the problem. I also watched the Energy bar counter in the phase and saw it going up in increments of three, not four, to verify it wasn't a text issue in the pop up box.

Two seconds does not seem like a long time, however those two seconds are all in the 41-59 Range. Two seconds is a hell of a long time when your baseline heal is 2.5 seconds and we all know 2 seconds can make or break a hard fight. In a game where mechanics are measured in terms of DPS (Damage Per Second) what does two seconds mean to you?

Of course the simple fix is to never go under 60 Energy. However we know that is not possible 100% of the time, sometimes burning through that extra energy is life or death. This hits home hardest for the already gimpy Healing spec the most as they can't simply Rifle Shot something while energy regens.

I wonder...does the "Build-a-class-omatic" spreadsheet that BW refers to once in a while when looking at metrics take this into consideration?

Just thought I would rehash it, in true BW developer fashion its one of MANY issues that has not been addressed or even acknowledged. Stings all that much more with the nerfs.