To all F2P players

Lol.

I haven't joined a FP PUG for four days now. I'm actually scared to after having so many bad experiences in a row. It's flooded with fresh 50s/F2P players. That or old players who have resubbed, have no clue how to play, and refuse to listen to anything experienced players say.

You know...thing like, "Please dps, don't constantly run in front of the tank and aggro 340938709325432809280945329058285092 mobs at the same time. Your crappy gear is crap even if you think you're super awesome."

I don't need to PUG. BH coms are useless for my main now, but, honestly, I liked joining one when I was bored. I know...I should take a deep breath and regain my patience. New players need to learn somehow... but darn it, they aren't much fun.

Edited by Radzkie

I tend to avoid flashpoints all together, personally sick and tired of getting the constant 'SPACE BAR NOW!!!!' it seems that alot of players are being idiotic and repeating the same flashpoint, over and over and over again.........i mean why freaking bother?

At level 50, i can understand, but while leveling up?? why?

I tend to avoid flashpoints all together, personally sick and tired of getting the constant 'SPACE BAR NOW!!!!' it seems that alot of players are being idiotic and repeating the same flashpoint, over and over and over again.........i mean why freaking bother?

At level 50, i can understand, but while leveling up?? why?

Well, can say for myself only. For me, lack of high-end content, massive pvp leads to only one option-leveling alts. Also consider that side quests are all the same for every class on one side. For instance, I can't stand side quests any more. There is also no boost for pve exp in legacy perks. So I just buy PvP/FP/Class boosts and run FP/PvP/Class Quests till cap 50. I have almost 11 50's (playing since Dec). First 2-3 times watching cinematics might be dearable, but I can assure you that on 3+ you will just get frustrated of spending an hour+ on a fp which you can run in 20-30 min with good ppl. I'd like to add that I don't insist on skipping in any FP. I just press space. If the convo is long and noone skips, I just go and watch TV/make tea while the convo ends.

But from my own experience, in lvl 50 FP's most ppl who insist on watching/not skipping are usually kicked. I usually try not to bother about that( I just leave the man stand where he does and lead the rest of the party further), but if it's 2+ (even if it's a healer coz many ppl like me have comps geared in BH+ gear that heal btter than some healers...) I just prefer to kick them. Ofc you might say: "You bastard, go find the same overgeared team and skip whatever you want!" Well before saying that, I'd mention that I can tell you the same thing-go find newbies to walk the FP through. But I really doubt you can complete any serious hm fp with a noob party in recruit/green gear in half an hour. What I foresee is a load of wipes on trash bosses(somewhy ppl refuse to read any tactics) , ninja looting and group disband.

Just example, was doind daily HM Battle for Ilum. Had a nice commando healer 56-58 geared, me (tank) and 2 dd - shadow in tank/dd gear with a tank stance/ sentinel without any stance at all. Both geared in some crap greens/recruit. I asked if they wanted a quick/full run. The healer asked for quick. Others remain silent. Well I skipped the packs for the fist boss with healer, the guys just ran through and took all the trash to us. Then they refused to go further without killing all trash, doing bonus.They were standing at the boss while me and healer cleared the path to the weequay boss. They decided to catch up (surprisingly not agroing everything) and asked to kill the boss. Well not to say they both started the fight before the tactics, died of adds/hitting the boss shield. Well after we skipped the boss I kicked both and took 2 m from LFG in several seconds.

Sorry for the long post. :cool:

Edited by Nortumberland

There's not much you can do about them in the warzones. I'd be extremley happy if F2P accounts could not participate in Level 50 warzones at all, but that's just me.

When it comes to flashpoints, this is a different story. They're called Hard mode for a reason. If you're not properly geared, you'll do poorly. You can tell who is geared well by inspecting them. If someone joins and has crappy armor, doesn't speak at all, or is a complete n00b, you can kick them out or cast a vote to remove them. I wonder if Bioware/EA could make a temporary "ban from current" group function. Once you kick someone for the above reasons, they cannot rejoin that group by queing up again.

I kick people without hesitation. If you don't have at least a set of 126's, or you don't speak. You're gone.

I'm seeing everything that OP posts about. I'm also seeing loads of rude ninjas needing on exactly everything. I warn them that if they do that again they are going on my blacklist. Very satisfying vote kicking the ninja at the last boss before loot rolls end. I always get upset whispers from the ninjas when they realize they didn't get the daily or flashpoint completion :D. The ninjas are almost always dps so I hope they enjoy queuing for another hour for another group.

To be honest, some of the worst people in the game are the people who've been playing a long time.

Almost every FP I'm in I see people threatening to leave if people don't press the space bar, rage quitting because someone accidentally got aggro (and it turning out to be no big deal), and raging at someone for needing an item, even if they did need it. Often these people have "founder" written above their heads.

It's terrible. I often defend the person, or try to make light of it, only to come in for flak myself. If you continue to treat people like dirt, don't be surprised when they leave and the game that you claim to love goes offline. A little bit of politeness, and respect for other people can go a long way.

Just chill out people.

To be honest, some of the worst people in the game are the people who've been playing a long time.

Almost every FP I'm in I see people threatening to leave if people don't press the space bar, rage quitting because someone accidentally got aggro (and it turning out to be no big deal), and raging at someone for needing an item, even if they did need it. Often these people have "founder" written above their heads.

It's terrible. I often defend the person, or try to make light of it, only to come in for flak myself. If you continue to treat people like dirt, don't be surprised when they leave and the game that you claim to love goes offline. A little bit of politeness, and respect for other people can go a long way.

Just chill out people.

I think the problem is that we have gone from having bad experiences like this every once and awhile to almost everyday, its gonna take awhile for the community to settle down.

I ran yesterday hammer station with my 7th alt, a low skinny sage healer, to try to get some gear. I did hammer station with pugs for 2 hours and 4 times I met people who have no respect for other people. These 4 times, 2 troopers and 2 JK have clicked need on the light armour consular gear and when asked why did they do that when that was not for them, they told me to f*uck off. One of them saw the light and said he wants to trade but, BW thank you for this, f2p users cannot use the trade option.

Thank you! :)

I ran yesterday hammer station with my 7th alt, a low skinny sage healer, to try to get some gear. I did hammer station with pugs for 2 hours and 4 times I met people who have no respect for other people. These 4 times, 2 troopers and 2 JK have clicked need on the light armour consular gear and when asked why did they do that when that was not for them, they told me to f*uck off. One of them saw the light and said he wants to trade but, BW thank you for this, f2p users cannot use the trade option.

Thank you! :)

At least they talked to you at all (not that insults are nice). When I was in a group with people who need on everything (it happens rather often now), they outright ignore me and others who ask them why they do that/ask them to stop. It's really aggravating, as you can do nothing to stop them. (I usually just leave the group if we're not near the end yet...)

STOP joining the queue for the FP if you have no intentions to finish/start it. Jesus, I'm trying to hold myself together, but it's just insane! In 2 days, I've managed to complete Esseless/Hammer Station just once of 10-12 attempts. People just enter the instance, run around and then leave in silent. Or even better-need on everything, aggroing every pack and leaving if something goes wrong. OMG I used to play in the early start but 'gosh' it happened maybe 1 time on 100 and usually I didn't meet that person again.

Ok we have to wait for them coz they don't have sprint. Ok we should help them with their questions on stats/abilities. But jees we absolutely don't have to receive negative emotions, spending our time on players that don't respect others. I'm just wondering if it happens to low lvl FP, what happens in wz? Or in higher lvl FP where u can't just run'n'gun. I'm not a moaner at all. I have several 50's and do randoms with some strange ppl often. But now with this hell flood of F2P new-comers it's just insanity to lvl a new character. Mb it's just my bad luck, but I've met barely 2-3 senseble pesrons.

I've been preparing myself for a wave of ppl that will run around and do some quests not bothering me. But this is just ridiculous how they can ruin the pleasure.

So I just want to make it clear. I have nothing against newcomers. Even against newcomers with bad manners and attitude to others. But try to realise that along with you, lots of newcomers will get bad attitude from subscribers, because of prejudice you create. Be friendly and responsive to others- you will get the same back.

Want to bring up a few things this post had me thinking about. With F2P, Bioware opened the door to a vast group of people to come join the game. I believe this can be broken down into 4 groups.

1) Kids who's parents wouldn't pay a subscription fee for them to play this game.

2) people that believe they shouldn't have to pay a subscription for a game.

3) people new to the MMO genre.

4) people from the most popular MMO game.

Group 4 is going to have two subsets: there's 4a which is people from there that wanted to try SWTOR but didn't want to pay two subscription fees; and 4b which is entitled people from that game that are now playing this game. I like to refer to 4b as d-bag carl.

Of those groups, groups 3 and 4a are the one that will probably be most open to suggestions and constructive critisim. These people want to have fun and learn.

Group 1 is excusable because they are children/teens playing but those closer to adulthood should know better but I wouldn't hold my breath for them.

Group 2 could be like 3 and 4a but that depends on the person playing.

Group 4B, aka D-bag Carl, is the majority of our current problem. These people look at this game like WoW and try to play that way. I've watched WoW evolve from day 1 and in it's current state people are kicked out of a group for not pulling insane DPS in a heroic level 90 instance (which is equilvant to our hard mode flashpoints) on a character that just got to the gear requirement to do those instances. These same people when leveling characters feel like they can disregard who's tanking or healing and do what they want, like chain pulling things.

Out of all those groups, 4b is going to make the vast majority new players to our game. I was leveling a new Sith Inquisitor on Ebon HAwk (an RP server) and General chat was just insane with conversations that maybe shouldn't be there. Names from people like STEP-MOM, STEP-DAD, STEP-DAUGHTER and a vast number of goofy names were blabbering on about a bunch of what I perceived as garbage not belonging to a general channel. People with ligimit questions about game play or where something was were drowned out but this crap from D-bag Carl and it sucks.

I also think that Bioware maigh be a little responsible here for this crap because they decided it was a good idea to lock down the chat for F2P players. They can't join a player made chat or send tells to people. This is WRONG! Give them the ability to whisper people to ask questions or join a player made chat we set up for people that want to help the new F2P players get better. This influx of players could be great and want to be here but the micro-transaction locking of simple functions like chat is RUINING the experience as well as the crap listed in this thread with the FPs. Something needs done and I think it's really up to us, the community, to try and help those that want it and to Bioware to give them the full chat ability so those seeking help can find it from those of us willing to help.

Want to bring up a few things this post had me thinking about. With F2P, Bioware opened the door to a vast group of people to come join the game. I believe this can be broken down into 4 groups.

1) Kids who's parents wouldn't pay a subscription fee for them to play this game.

2) people that believe they shouldn't have to pay a subscription for a game.

3) people new to the MMO genre.

4) people from the most popular MMO game.

Group 4 is going to have two subsets: there's 4a which is people from there that wanted to try SWTOR but didn't want to pay two subscription fees; and 4b which is entitled people from that game that are now playing this game. I like to refer to 4b as d-bag carl.

Of those groups, groups 3 and 4a are the one that will probably be most open to suggestions and constructive critisim. These people want to have fun and learn.

Group 1 is excusable because they are children/teens playing but those closer to adulthood should know better but I wouldn't hold my breath for them.

Group 2 could be like 3 and 4a but that depends on the person playing.

Group 4B, aka D-bag Carl, is the majority of our current problem. These people look at this game like WoW and try to play that way. I've watched WoW evolve from day 1 and in it's current state people are kicked out of a group for not pulling insane DPS in a heroic level 90 instance (which is equilvant to our hard mode flashpoints) on a character that just got to the gear requirement to do those instances. These same people when leveling characters feel like they can disregard who's tanking or healing and do what they want, like chain pulling things.

Out of all those groups, 4b is going to make the vast majority new players to our game. I was leveling a new Sith Inquisitor on Ebon HAwk (an RP server) and General chat was just insane with conversations that maybe shouldn't be there. Names from people like STEP-MOM, STEP-DAD, STEP-DAUGHTER and a vast number of goofy names were blabbering on about a bunch of what I perceived as garbage not belonging to a general channel. People with ligimit questions about game play or where something was were drowned out but this crap from D-bag Carl and it sucks.

I also think that Bioware maigh be a little responsible here for this crap because they decided it was a good idea to lock down the chat for F2P players. They can't join a player made chat or send tells to people. This is WRONG! Give them the ability to whisper people to ask questions or join a player made chat we set up for people that want to help the new F2P players get better. This influx of players could be great and want to be here but the micro-transaction locking of simple functions like chat is RUINING the experience as well as the crap listed in this thread with the FPs. Something needs done and I think it's really up to us, the community, to try and help those that want it and to Bioware to give them the full chat ability so those seeking help can find it from those of us willing to help.

Unfortunatly only a few new players fall under the d-bag carl which drags down the reputation of other F2P players.

I think this has more to do with the over all scumbaggery that has been let run wild once they launched free to play.

Sadly it seems the vast majority of players paying and non saw this F2P as being a a free for all from BW to act like complete and total tools to everyone they run accross. Greed disrespect rudness are commen place now. Thanks WoW. Welcome to the new ToR.