Moff Kilran bug at Maelstrom Prison

I know this is supposed to be a mechanic, but it doesn't work at all. All the time Kilran stays in sniper mode and does not take any damage. We had two ranged and two melee in Vet Mode, attacking him close didn't work.

Interesting thing, that while he's immune, my knight couldn't use the force leap at him, like Kilran wasn't even recognized as a target. The skill went on a cooldown, but nothing happened. Same thing with Zelaous Leap.

We tried going up the ramp, closer to the place he has to teleport to, and it seems to fix the problem at this point most of the time, but once he loses the shield he starts shooting you through anything. No cover works: columns, crates, even the floor, you still get damage.

When Kilran teleports to the elevator he goes into sniper mode again and stops taking damage. Nothing works at this point. Only once the remaining dps managed to knock that shield off, but cover stopped working at once and we were wiped again.

Either we are doing something wrong, or the devs have done nothing to solve a problem which has existed since 2013. Any suggestions?

Yes there is a bug in M.P. There seems to be 2 main workarounds.

1. If you team wipe, sometimes the bug will fix itself. My record so far is 3 wipes before fix (or group quit). 😏

2. If he's stuck in the central corridor, try to get the group to go past him to the end of the FP area. This will trigger him to follow you, and will usually undo the glitch. (He will go to his normal position at the end of the corridor and start to take damage - maybe.)

Edited by JediQuaker

Breaking LOS does work and he has mechanics of a sniper.

When he's doing his Snipe cast and you LOS him he has a tendency to stand up to follow you which drops all defence buffs immediately.

His channel doesn't seem to care about cover and will continue through anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in a tough run earlier tonight. For the first 4-5 pulls, it was very difficult to get him out of cover/sniper mode. This despite having my Shadow attacking him from behind in melee for extended periods of time. In those unsuccessful pulls, he did eventually leave cover and start taking damage, but we had people dead by then and couldn't push him to the final (upstairs) phase before wiping.

On the final (successful) pull, he came out of cover relatively quickly, and it was like night and day. The thing is, I have no idea what we did differently to make that happen.

• 7 months later...
I found an enemy trapped under the stairs that spawned mostly in the floor, when I killed that enemy I could finally attack him again, but it seems that if you don't kill that last enemy he stays invincible. It aw a beast and I only saw just a little bit of its back, just enough to target it. I couldn't tab target it though, had to manually click on it.

You MUST eat at least 1 sniper hit (.i.e. he must complete his cast), maybe 2-3. Then he will be movable -> move him out of cover doing LoS.

Then you can dps it.

I do report this each time this FP pops. Join to the club :D

P.S. Last time he double bugged. On 2nd stage I ate snipe, then tried to move him - didn't work + immune for me, however others could kill him while he was trying to hit me 2nd time.

Edited by alexzk

• 1 month later...

Yesterday doing this FP and Group was giving up at the last boss Kilran.

We wiped easily 5-6 times without any real progress. He bugged out being invincible at the start most of the time and one time at 45% (he somehow suddenly dropped to 45% actually).

Hi, seems that this is a dilema for quite a few player. I have already made a video to show how to hide from him and how he is beatable.

"So I made a run yesterday and recorded the

. Please note that everything is as its supposed to be.

At start you engage the adds and hide behind the pillar. You get shot at by the Moff. Then you slowly move to him. I even taunted him to show you how you can hide behind the pillars to avoid his snipe. When you come to him he is attackable. You dps him and he then rolls away so you chase him. Again adds show up and you repeat the process.

As you can see one person disconnected so i took out my companion."

Hi, seems that this is a dilema for quite a few player. I have already made a video to show how to hide from him and how he is beatable.

You seem to be missing the point that Kilran often bugs out and doesn't work properly. He will often become invulnerable for a while at the end of the first corridor, and then sometimes also at his last spot**. There doesn't seem to be any one particular workaround for this, except to try to move him around until he starts to take damage again.

Also, he seems to be able sometimes to shoot right through pillars etc, although that often might be just lag.

(I find it better to hide behind a larger object such as the generators that are there. The pillars are narrow enough that lag can account for what seems like he's shooting through the pillars.)

** There's also other glitches that can happen, such as Kilran staying around the start of the corridor, or half way down, etc.

Edited by JediQuaker

• 4 weeks later...
Kill the guards, then kill the dog trapped underneath the stairs. He moves to second position.

Then comes the second wave of adds. Kill them, but his shield is still up. LOS him, and he drops shield.

After many, many runs through this flashpoint, I noticed the dog under the stairs for the first time recently. Killing it didn't make any difference though.