New Map Incoming

Lendul

Based on the feedback we’ve seen on our forums, fan sites and social channels, we still have lots more to deliver. On November 28th, following the United Forces update, we are going to release our biggest multiplayer update of the year. We’ve got something for everyone! If you like story-driven Star Wars-style battles, you can jump into a new Flashpoint, ‘A Traitor Among the Chiss.’ If you like blasters-blazing big boss battles, get ready to face Nahut, the 3rd Boss encounter in the ‘Gods from the Machine’ Operation. For those of you looking for dogfighting in space, we are releasing a new Galactic Starfighter map that places you around the orbit of Iokath. For those who want to face off in PvP, we’ve got a new location for you, too.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002

It's a start

Edited by Lendul

But that's not all, from what I've been reading:

for 5.5 they list "Improvements to Galactic Starfighter," and in their blurb about pvp, they specify that

"In United Forces Foundation (Game Update 5.5), we will introduce extensive ship and component balance changes to Galactic Starfighter. Additionally, we will be adding some quality of life improvements to GSF.

So hopefully that'll shake things up for strikes, and then, well....we'll see how it goes for everyone else. I slightly worry for my gunships, but hey.

Edited by Twelfthdoctor

"Bringing players together as United Forces in larger numbers offers multiple benefits to players, first of which is the ease of jumping into multiplayer activities. Once the United Forces update is live, any group activity you would want to participate in will have a much larger volume of players queueing at any time that you are looking to play, including Operations, Flashpoints, PvP Warzones, Uprisings, and Galactic Starfighter battles."

I guess I'm gonna play premade, too. When all people play Premade, the Premade vs. PUG Poblem doesn't exist anymore.

And the server reduction leads to better matchmaking because the number of players increases and the matchmaking has a larger pool.

If the balancing is correct (my GS will surely have a little bit less range and that's also good as long as Battlescout is adjusted) I am really happy.

I laughed at the "dogfighting" part ... what dogfighting? Playing GSF occasionally I feel it's more like 2-3 pilots "dogfighting" and the rest is camping and sniping in Gunships - boring. So hopefully they will do some balancing for this mod and maybe some better Tutorials for new players, too - without some YT-vids I would have quit playing, because in the beginning you get massively butchered.

Lets just hope it isn't a TDM + Dom against a new backdrop. - Or just TDM on the Denon X map. - I think we've waited long enough for a whole new game mode - and think there were a lot of good suggestions on previous 'new map suggestions' threads. (q.v.)

I for one can only welcome the opportunity to fly more often and with different people to team up with and shoot at. - Server merges can only be good in that respect, and we might see a lot more 12v12, which will shake things up a bit.

Lets just hope it isn't a TDM + Dom against a new backdrop. - Or just TDM on the Denon X map. - I think we've waited long enough for a whole new game mode - and think there were a lot of good suggestions on previous 'new map suggestions' threads. (q.v.)

I for one can only welcome the opportunity to fly more often and with different people to team up with and shoot at. - Server merges can only be good in that respect, and we might see a lot more 12v12, which will shake things up a bit.

They said the map would be over Iokath, so no it's not just TDM over denon.

I guess I'm gonna play premade, too. When all people play Premade, the Premade vs. PUG Poblem doesn't exist anymore.

I don't think there is a Premade vs. PUG problem really, most often there is some sort of premade on each side. Problem is when the premade on one side is filled with uber veterans (because it is rare to have both sides with an uber-veteran premade). Then its a meaningless stomp, not fun for either side.