Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your joking right? You gonna nerf BH??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Your joking right? You gonna nerf BH??

Perfectcircle
03.13.2012 , 09:32 AM | #201
What makes you think that they will not change BH to make their DPS maybe overall the same but without having to spam one button over and over? Sure their going to take a look at tracer missle but may give you some other great rotation that actually takes some thought
Starcraft 2 > All Games... Darn you R/L friends and MMOs!

Tallyhoe
03.13.2012 , 09:36 AM | #202
They havent even said what they are nerfing.. if anything they are probably nerfing the fact that your tracer missle debuff stacks with other arsenal mercs. which isnt really a nerf.. its just not working as intended.. being an operative. You have no room to talk.
‘Twas a woman who drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her.”

afootdoc
03.13.2012 , 10:08 AM | #203
lol at anyone who thinks they are referring to tracer missile

/sadface that you all actually feel that tracer is powerful and havent explored other specs
Pannus
Fat. Zabrak. Bounty Hunter.
<Jawa Immigration Enforcement>

afootdoc
03.13.2012 , 10:12 AM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by Perfectcircle View Post
What makes you think that they will not change BH to make their DPS maybe overall the same but without having to spam one button over and over? Sure their going to take a look at tracer missle but may give you some other great rotation that actually takes some thought
That in 1.2 supposedly. Reworking tracer. Dear god I hope they make good on that. Maybe an arsenal merc will be worth playing finally

Pretty sure this article refers to something else though
Pannus
Fat. Zabrak. Bounty Hunter.
<Jawa Immigration Enforcement>

Gaskarth
03.13.2012 , 10:16 AM | #205
If you haven't figured out why they are nerfing BH, guess you never learned the class well >

Onager
03.13.2012 , 11:36 AM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by Onager View Post
When are you guys going to do some research before you start whambulancing about something that BW didn't even specifically say?
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroecon View Post
Why don't you read the thread before you start being alarmed that people actually know the truth.

It's already been demonstrated that dps sage/sorcs have a stronger spam attack, better stun/interrupts, better cleanse, better heals, better DoT, more resources AND better debuffs from a single tree than commando/merc have from either dps tree. It's laughable that anyone would even attempt to dispute this. But clearly BH needs the nerf. Right, BW?
Because the IGN feature has already been debunked by GZ? It's what I meant by research. Every class is getting overhauls. The 'BH' nerf involves grandfathering some of the Tracer Missile dependent talents over to other skills to diversify your rotations. Any moving of sliders that takes place is the result of data polling their internal combat logging utilities to find what's actually overperforming and underperforming. These overhauls are guaranteed to at least leave you in a state of median performance, and if a nerf is actually needed, it's needed.

Those of you crying about this, stop. Stop being children. However many of you are just starting to play MMOs with TOR, welcome to the community. This is how it works. Those of you who've been MMOing in other games and still find this as a surprise, put down the *********** bong.

Thank you.
[Emyr - Sage]+[Kack - Guardian] [Guildmaster - <Wight Trash>] [Drooga's Pleasure Barge]
PVE Healing guides! [Sage] [Sorcerer]

Macroecon
03.13.2012 , 11:58 AM | #207
Quote: Originally Posted by Onager View Post
Because the IGN feature has already been debunked by GZ? It's what I meant by research.
No, the IGN article is being spun by BW to be a "you can call it a nerf, I - Georg will not call it that" adjustment.

Meanwhile left unrefuted is the fact that a dps sage/sorcs does more damage with their spam attack, have more resources, have better stun/interrupts, better debuffs, better healing AND better burst than dps BH/Trooper. It's been this way since beta. Everyone knew sage/sorcs were OP then. You can pontificate that people should not rush to judgement before the changes land, but we are now four months later and BW has done nothing to address the biggest class imbalance in the game. Instead they nerfed the only class that a competent sage/sorc feared, the stabbies. This is about track record and inspiring confidence that the dev knows what he is doing. And right now that is lacking.

Rilok_Singz
03.13.2012 , 02:03 PM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by Varicite View Post
You do realize you're saying this in a thread talking about nerfing the only real viable dps tree for Powertechs, right?
Like i said before, I think nerfs need to stop all together. I think bh's are fine where they are with of course the few fixes needed in each spec just like every other class.

subrosian
03.13.2012 , 02:13 PM | #209
The following classes are receiving nerfs:

-Sorcerer (DPS specs)
-Merc (Arsenal spec - tracer missile)
-PT (pyro spec)
-Marauder (DPS specs)

It's not just Bounty Hunters.
subrosian
<Epitome>
epitomeraiding.com

subrosian
03.13.2012 , 02:17 PM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by Rilok_Singz View Post
Like i said before, I think nerfs need to stop all together. I think bh's are fine where they are with of course the few fixes needed in each spec just like every other class.

There is a damage standard. If one class is doing too much damage in the hands of skilled players (Marauders), or doing damage too easily in the hands of unskilled players (arsenal mercs, hybrid sorcs) it has to be balanced in order to maintain the damage and skill curves.

If it is not fixed, then bad players will feel "forced" to reroll into the easy-mode class (to maximize their performance) and good players will feel "forced" to reroll into the god-mode class (the class with the highest DPS / survival when played perfectly).

-

The only way to do that is with nerfs and reworks. You cannot just allow an imbalance to continue, nor can you arbitrarily buff other classes, because that doesn't fix the simplicity issue, and introduces more balance problems.

subrosian
<Epitome>
epitomeraiding.com