Questions about Shadow and Synthweaving

Korass

So, im a shadow and i have Synth, archaeology and Underworld trading.

Is it best practice to keep both of these? My problem is that im making lots of gear and then reverse engineering them to get more matts to make more. But im getting Super low on Credits. My friend is at 40k and were level 20, im only at 11k. Hes a slicer of course.

So im wondering if UT is required? I know it gives me metals, and i think luxury fabrics, Is this the only way to get these? I know i dont need metals since i use light, but the fabric makes light armor, some gear doesnt require it at all, just the gems, can i get to max professions without the fabrics and metals?

Maybe this is not an issue? Im low on money, but i cant really think of what i need credits for? Being CE i get a speeder, but i dont know if i still need to pay for it or not?

Thanks for your help and thoughts in advance.

It's a good idea to take slicing until you get into your 20s, the huge cash injection it provides you with is too great to pass over (IMO). As far as I'm concerned you don't really need to be crafting blues when you're in your teens, so having Underworld Trading at low levels isn't very useful.

Once you buy your speeder you can drop slicing and pick up your mission skill that gives you access to the blue/purple ingredients.

It's a good idea to take slicing until you get into your 20s, the huge cash injection it provides you with is too great to pass over (IMO). As far as I'm concerned you don't really need to be crafting blues when you're in your teens, so having Underworld Trading at low levels isn't very useful.

Once you buy your speeder you can drop slicing and pick up your mission skill that gives you access to the blue/purple ingredients.

Yeah that makes sense, i missed out on some good slicing time then. But i will pick it up and save for a while and pick up UT again.

Thanks for the advice.

if you drop UT now, and pick it up later you'll more than likely be sorry you did, because it takes FOREVER to level up.. and if you pick it up when you're in your mid-20's it will take you about a week to catch up to the point where you can make good crafted blues and purples for yourself. Edited by Thundergulch

Don't drop it at this point. My guess is your credits are low due to being aggressive on running companion missions - those add up quickly and get costly early on. Slicing is not the huge money maker everyone seems to think. Make some light armor and get it on the GTN, you will be surprised at how fast the credits can roll in - even green gear if it's good - loot is the luck of the draw and many loot items they can't use, sell them, then look to the GTN to upgrade gear.

Getting those blue or purple recipes from RE'ing can really make you some bucks. The RE process gets you more mats to continue to level, but also that chance at a nice upgraded schematic/recipe - which can be huge.

If you have the CE you get a speeder - which saved you 4,000 credits at level 25. The training for the skill to ride the speeder - is still 40,000 credits and you will have to pay for it from your class trainer on hitting 25! But don't fret - level 23-25 seems to ramp up the credit influx and I have not run into too many people that hit 25 and can't afford the speeder training - just watch your aggressive spending on missions early on (pre-25).

Good luck.

You need underworld trading for the rare mats to make blue/purple/orange items. There is no other way to get those mats other than buying them from the GTN from someone else with UT.

My advice, just don't run missions non-stop if you can't afford it. You have to think about how you spend your credits.