Crafting Issues

Gegner

I think it would really help to add some better descriptions of Class Skills in-game. I stumbled around for an hour trying to figure out what class skill gives what mats. Some are pretty self explanatory but a few of them have no helpful description at all. I think just a small description of what crew skills compliment each other would be fine.

Did you read the codex entries you get for discovering each crew skill trainer?

For example, here is the in game text for Armormech:

Armormech is the ability to work with hard metals, alloys and synthetic materials to construct armor for non-Force users. Vendor-purchased fluxes are used during the armor creation process to refine the materials to ensure suitability. Armormechs can reverse engineer their crafted armor and possibly discover new ways to improve armor creation. The gathering skill Scavenging provides crafting resources for Armormech. Recommended Gathering Skills: Scavenging (Scavenged Metals and Compounds). Recommended Mission Skills: Underworld Trading (Underworld Metals).

Did you read the codex entries you get for discovering each crew skill trainer?

For example, here is the in game text for Armormech:

No I did not. I did not even know the codex entries had anything useful for crafting. Like a lot of other people, I never use the codex.