Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

New patch 5.9.1 options - Disappearing Act

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
New patch 5.9.1 options - Disappearing Act

-Esper-'s Avatar


-Esper-
05.24.2018 , 03:00 AM | #1
Patchnotes: "Shadows and Assassins will no longer remain in combat after using Force Cloak if they have an active DoT on another player".
Freaks, what about scoundrels and opers? Why they usually remain in combat after Disappearing Act?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=177731

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=500290

CMoray's Avatar


CMoray
05.24.2018 , 04:28 AM | #2
Soundrels and Operatives exit combat when they vanish.
Aurinko

Equeliber's Avatar


Equeliber
05.25.2018 , 01:00 AM | #3
Pretty sure right now vanish works fine for ops.

Why are you linking posts from 2012?
Klorea, Sith Marauder Ael Vienne, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

-Esper-'s Avatar


-Esper-
05.25.2018 , 11:14 AM | #4
Because the problem remains.

AdjeYo's Avatar


AdjeYo
05.26.2018 , 05:00 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by -Esper- View Post
Because the problem remains.
The problem people seemed to have back in the posts you linked is getting pulled from stealth because they had someone's dot on them. This is entirely preventable by either taking Evasive Screen/Skedaddle utility or simply activating Evasion/Dodge upon using combat stealth.

Equeliber's Avatar


Equeliber
05.26.2018 , 05:14 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by -Esper- View Post
Because the problem remains.
You having a DoT on someone and someone having a DoT on you are different things.

And right now it's all working as intended and same for both operatives and assassins.

Before 5.9.1, if you had a DoT on someone before vanishing, operative exited combat normally but assassin didn't. Now it works for assassin as well, thanks to this latest fix.

If a DoT is ticking on you, to clear it with vanish you need an appropriate utility - Evasive Screen for operative, Shroud of Madness for assassin.
Klorea, Sith Marauder Ael Vienne, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
06.01.2018 , 09:50 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
You having a DoT on someone and someone having a DoT on you are different things.

And right now it's all working as intended and same for both operatives and assassins.

Before 5.9.1, if you had a DoT on someone before vanishing, operative exited combat normally but assassin didn't. Now it works for assassin as well, thanks to this latest fix.

If a DoT is ticking on you, to clear it with vanish you need an appropriate utility - Evasive Screen for operative, Shroud of Madness for assassin.
^This. Your dots ticking on enemies thereby knocking you out of stealth is a real pain for Hatred/Serenity.
Beruhl / Zenovia / Lobotomy / Sejanos / Warpunk
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.