Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Medicine Operative / Sawbones Scoundrel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Class Changes: Medicine Operative / Sawbones Scoundrel
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DenariusJay
09.27.2017 , 02:20 PM | #11
Ooooh boy. Initial impressions is this looks bad. 10% chance to grant a tactical advantage/upper hand is not a needed nerf. You buffed some burst, but also reduced some burst on other abilities, which means just an overall wash if you ask me.

This is my main healing class (when I do play heals) and I'll save my "They completely destroyed Sawbones" comment for after I actually play it and test it myself. Sometimes the notes look worst then when its actually played and put into practice. But overall this is not looking promising for the finicky Scoundrel/Op healing spec.
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Denzel Washington

yellow_
09.27.2017 , 02:42 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DenariusJay View Post
Ooooh boy. Initial impressions is this looks bad. 10% chance to grant a tactical advantage/upper hand is not a needed nerf
that change in particular makes very little sense to me given the rest

you ready to be forced to stand still even more than you already do just to spam injections that hit for 8k if by some miracle the cast actually finishes just so you have some TAs to use on surgical probes that were apparently way too bursty to have 20% bonus surge even though they hit for 5k?

my body is ready, let's do this

Tharianus
09.27.2017 , 02:43 PM | #13
you nerf mando progressive scan for 7% but you do not nerf Kolto-Waves
seems legit.

Srsly BW Merc heals are on par with Sage right now in case of HPS.
Anyway Wandering Mend is an instant Heal while progressive Scan and Kolto-Waves are not Instant.

I do not understand the Merc Heal nerfs... + a lot of Merc HPS comes from Trauma Stabilizers and Adrenaline Rush....
The only advantage of Merc heals are the Defs at the moment - thats all. There are only a few Merc/Mando Heal Players who are able to pull over 10k HPS with this class...

Take those away and Merc Heal is screwed again congrats Biofail
TharÔ
<Special Forces> Germany[B]
Referreal Link: KLICK ME!
Twitch Channel

JediAkemi
09.27.2017 , 03:02 PM | #14
How can I put this succinctly?
Screw this for a laugh.

PrometheanDeath
09.27.2017 , 03:03 PM | #15
Sorry, but there is no buff located in this. This is the results of the changes:

Increase the healing to kolto infusion by 45%, not sure if it affects the HoT version in the Curative agent, or if so, how spread out the percentage is to the burst and HoT portions.
-15% critical chance to diagnostic scan
-20% critical heal bonus of surgical probe
-10% critical heal bonus to Kolto injection and kolto infusion
-17% healing from recuperative nanotech
-5% healing from surgical probe
-20% chance to gain a tactical advantage (Now 10%)

There is no buff to our burst except in the process yet again, you nerf the critical healing of the burst move you tried to buff. Don't see how your delayed changes made anything better than make sorcs and mercs more responsive to burst damage over operatives.

killatroll
09.27.2017 , 03:07 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by PrometheanDeath View Post
Sorry, but there is no buff located in this. This is the results of the changes:

Increase the healing to kolto infusion by 45%, not sure if it affects the HoT version in the Curative agent, or if so, how spread out the percentage is to the burst and HoT portions.
-15% critical chance to diagnostic scan
-20% critical heal bonus of surgical probe
-10% critical heal bonus to Kolto injection and kolto infusion
-5% healing from recuperative nanotech
-5% healing from surgical probe
-20% chance to gain a tactical advantage (Now 10%)

There is no buff to our burst except in the process yet again, you nerf the critical healing of the burst move you tried to buff. Don't see how your delayed changes made anything better than make sorcs and mercs more responsive to burst damage over operatives.
This guy gets it. ^^^

They nerf all burst abilties and act like they fix operative burst with a increase to kolto infusion(which is also nerfed in the process).

PrometheanDeath
09.27.2017 , 03:08 PM | #17
Notice how they didn't even bother giving us the previous percentages of the abilities the nerfed, it's like they don't want us to know how severe the nerf was. Still only taking mercs and Sorcs because operative Hots can't heal through spike damage.

Krazhez
09.27.2017 , 03:10 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by PrometheanDeath View Post
It's also kind of funny/sad, that they didn't list the percents and then go "down from x%" like they did for all the other classes. If people don't know them, maybe they won't complain.

Tsillah
09.27.2017 , 03:21 PM | #19
Well the sorc/sages got nerfed and so will the merc/commando's, so it's only fair to nerf the class with the highest hps. Let's see if the dps can learn to step out of damage circles again.
Goodbye all, it's been fun. Time for me to move on (it's ok to cheer ).

PrometheanDeath
09.27.2017 , 03:26 PM | #20
Merc heal nerf is survivable, nothing more than a 7% nerf to something, operative have gone as far as 20% nerfs on passives/abilities, and sorcs even after their nerfs are doing well and still doing content. This looks like the devs found out operative healers could walk again, and beat them in the legs with the nerf bat crippling them once again.