Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ruffian/Lethality Guide

cs_zoltan
01.14.2015 , 01:28 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Jerico View Post
Thank you to both non-KBN's.
Nicest thing anyone ever said to me.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here.

The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
KÚja, Kejann, Aemis, KyrÝ, Kyra'h, KÚssa, Frńngit, Lamţa, Kalk´Maelin, Morwy

cs_zoltan
02.02.2015 , 05:24 PM | #42
So they are fixing the scoundrel bug instead of buffing Lethality.

Neat Bioware, neat.

Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post

Scoundrel
Ruffian
  • Fixed a bug that caused Sanguinary Shot to deal damage twice.
I wonder if that should push SS below BW in the priority list.

qwopicus
03.26.2015 , 12:24 PM | #43
Any thoughts on the PTS update? Cor grenade will snare for the full 24sec duration and carbine burst will not require TA. I don't see DoTspread being any more viable because of how finicky the cone is, and the snare seems to be asking for rage.

cs_zoltan
03.27.2015 , 02:13 PM | #44
Both of them are good changes, neither of them is enough.

Halorinn
03.31.2015 , 10:58 AM | #45
I want Sanguinary Shot off of GCD.

dipstik
04.16.2015 , 12:50 PM | #46
what about using old 186 2 set with new 4 set? ive been seeing around 0.45 dps per point of power for other specs/classes.

Adovir
04.16.2015 , 01:52 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
what about using old 186 2 set with new 4 set? ive been seeing around 0.45 dps per point of power for other specs/classes.
Uhhh if I remember correctly from some where it was explained how much damage every % of Crit was and how much dps was lost for the main stat lost and it is supposed to be good for 192 gear but with the 198 it was slightly less damage to run with the 2 and 4 sets
you know you want to
Quote:
speak not to that which you do not know lest you look a fool
ToFN's resident regstar scoundrel

Artume
02.26.2016 , 08:46 PM | #48
Im wondering how Lethality does in pvp now? I've been playing either healer or lethality with my operative in pve lately and even dabbled with pvp as a healer (thanks to Hottie for the guide), but I miss doing damage beyond backstab and shiv, so Im wondering if it functions well in pvp, or if I have to go Concealment to be viable

mjamal
03.01.2016 , 05:09 AM | #49
I personally *LOVE* being a Lethality Op (just leveled a Ruffian Scoundrel on the Rep side). First of all I have to give credit to Wizbasky for showing the power of the spec. However you may view his PVP approach (and I disagree with some of it) you can't deny him the kudos for spending the time to put out quality PVP videos for Lethality. That being said what attracted me to the class is the incredible survive-ability of the spec in PVP. I've had so many players rage-chase me across warzone maps because they couldn't bring me down. I feel that with the exception of maybe Juggs and Mara's.. 1 v 1 I have no fear of any class/spec being able to kill me. Not with all of the defensive cooldowns and self healing capabilities I have at my disposal.

Just understand that the class doesn't do "INSANE BURST" ..that would be the trade-off for damn near sorc-like survive-ability. You're not going to global anyone in 3 cooldowns.. no 20-25K crits ..nothing like that. But play the spec the way it was meant to be played... in boxing parlance it would be "Stick and Move..Stick and Move".. or as Wizbasky put it.. ducking, dodging, weaving and bombing..and you'll fall in love with the spec as much as I did.

My only caution is that in 4 v 4 setups... Lethality kinda blows, at least in my experience. That's only due to the mechanics of our DPS..it takes a while to ramp up and target swapping isn't our strong suit. YMMV